Coaching Patterson Out at TCU

Advertisement
As funny as it might sound, Georgia Southern was actually a pretty good job.

Jeff Monken before he went to Army had Georgia Southern winning 10/11 wins a year consistently (even though they were still FCS back then). But even once they went FBS & joined the Sun Belt Willie Fritz had them winning as well before he took the Tulane job.

Actually Chad Lunsford did pretty well there too, he got fired mainly because their new AD didn’t like him & wanted to move on from him, but they’re not that bad of program & can win in the Sun Belt when they have a good coach.

It’s the perfect place for a FCS coach to come up & transition into being a FBS G5 coach, guys like Brian Bohannon, Jason Simpson, Dawson Odums or even Coach Prime Deion Sanders would all be good IMO at a place like Georgia Southern.

Advertisement

This is a lot to digest LOL.

Frankly, I'd be most surprised if Moore took the job. IMO he's on the fast track to being an NFL HC. Not sure why he'd want to go to a mid-tier B12 job where he's going to compete with UT, A&M, and OU for kids in his backyard.

This would be a logical next stepping stone for Norvell. He's done fairly well at Nevada and has a nice pedigree of success.

I guess some FBS school is going to hire Deion at some point, but right into the P5?

Advertisement
This is a lot to digest LOL.

Frankly, I'd be most surprised if Moore took the job. IMO he's on the fast track to being an NFL HC. Not sure why he'd want to go to a mid-tier B12 job where he's going to compete with UT, A&M, and OU for kids in his backyard.

This would be a logical next stepping stone for Norvell. He's done fairly well at Nevada and has a nice pedigree of success.

I guess some FBS school is going to hire Deion at some point, but right into the P5?
Deion for all the perception of him, is actually a legit coach & if given the resources of a good program would be arguably one of the most dangerous recruiters on the trail we’ve seen. And he could do it without having to cheat like Kirby Smart does. Idk if a P5 will hire him this soon, but i do think eventually he will be coaching at a major program & he will do a really good job at it.

TCU from what I’ve read really wants Sonny Dykes, but they’re also very open to guys like Norvell & Holgorsen.
But I think what’s mainly important to them is winning back over the DFW recruiting region & finding a coach that they can sit comfortable with for the next few years.

I think Norvell would be great for them, **** I think Norvell would do great here lol but I think what all this proves is that TCU is going to conduct a real coaching search, meaning they’re going to reach out to a bevy of coaches for interviews & actually do their due diligence to find the best guy.

Must be nice...

Bro, u have no idea. It’s going to be an interesting off season. TCU, USC, LSU, potentially UCLA…man, it’s going to be some hot names w/ options.

The sad thing is

Everytime another top notch or better endowed program HC opportunity opens up....the more UNLIKELY a top notch HC will be to consider Miami.

Advertisement
Deion for all the perception of him, is actually a legit coach & if given the resources of a good program would be arguably one of the most dangerous recruiters on the trail we’ve seen. And he could do it without having to cheat like Kirby Smart does. Idk if a P5 will hire him this soon, but i do think eventually he will be coaching at a major program & he will do a really good job at it.

TCU from what I’ve read really wants Sonny Dykes, but they’re also very open to guys like Norvell & Holgorsen.
But I think what’s mainly important to them is winning back over the DFW recruiting region & finding a coach that they can sit comfortable with for the next few years.

I think Norvell would be great for them, **** I think Norvell would do great here lol but I think what all this proves is that TCU is going to conduct a real coaching search, meaning they’re going to reach out to a bevy of coaches for interviews & actually do their due diligence to find the best guy.

Must be nice...
The only y thing w/ Deion is this:

My guy is sorely bitter w/ Nike. I’m not sure if he would take a job that’s sponsored by Nike. Real talk. Deion feels what they did w/ MJ, they should’ve did w/ him. Also, he claims his shoes were his design & he didn’t get broke off appropriately. He legit said he would never go back to Nike unless they pay him his $.

Now, could him taking a P5 job w/ a Nike branded school help mend a once gr8 relationship? Possibly, as he did reminisce on how great their partnership was back in the day, but I just can’t see him going to a Nike branded school to coach. Jmo.

Advertisement
Might be the most useless stat ever.
They’re also 15th in Run Defense & tied for 22nd in turnovers.

And the pressures stat indicates a correlation to hyperactive front lines & every group in that top 4 has a good defense.

Advanced metrics shows that the more pressure you create is directly related to turnovers, sacks, TFL’s & disruptive defense.

They’re also 15th in Run Defense & tied for 22nd in turnovers.

And the pressures stat indicates a correlation to hyperactive front lines & every group in that top 4 has a good defense.

Advanced metrics shows that the more pressure you create is directly related to turnovers, sacks, TFL’s & disruptive defense.
Again, useless stats. Nobody runs in the B12 and TOs is pretty random.

Their D may in fact be better and it isn't a slight toward you but there are probably some statistics that would make one think Miami's D isn't trash when we all know it is.

Advertisement
Back