Patten Has Three Sticking Out

View as article
Lammons being 5'8 is news to me! Tell me this isnt true..Thought buddy was 5'10-5'11! The poster who compared Patten to Terrell Buckley was spot on. I like that. Dude is tough and fast. Type of kid who is comfortable being 5'8 and has the Napoleon Complex. You gotta have that being a 5'8 corner playin big time D1 Ball. Like the Honey Badger. I didnt like Patten at first but the more I see his game tapes, I like him. Especially after he ran down Artie Burns.

Advertisement
Lammons being 5'8 is news to me! Tell me this isnt true..Thought buddy was 5'10-5'11! The poster who compared Patten to Terrell Buckley was spot on. I like that. Dude is tough and fast. Type of kid who is comfortable being 5'8 and has the Napoleon Complex. You gotta have that being a 5'8 corner playin big time D1 Ball. Like the Honey Badger. I didnt like Patten at first but the more I see his game tapes, I like him. Especially after he ran down Artie Burns.

Tito says he was like 5'8 when he saw him at the nftc combine they measured Lammons 5.95 and Patten at 5.9. Lammons looks to have long arms though. I would take Lammons over Patten any day of the week. I also would NOT take both of them in the same recruiting class.

Last edited:
Dammit man. This is a predicament. Changes everything I previously thought about Lammons. Thought he was a Brandon Mcgee type athlete. If buddy is 5'9, I need to see him play CB this year on a full time basis. We have seen Patten. I dont know who I would pick just yet. A month ago I would have agreed with you, IHATETHISPLACE. I didnt like Patten at all. Looked too small and had short arms. But he is a fighter. And a blazer. Interested to see what the staff feels.

Look I know lammons is a great athlete and all but does anyone have film of him at corner, alll I've seen is him as a dual threat qb making people miss

This is the type of decision (1 of them or both and then which one) and eval (Lammons from QB to DB) that separates great recruiters/ evaluators from the mediocre ones. It's gonna be a tough call

Advertisement
lots of dual threat short QB in high school switch to CB/S in college like Brandon McGee,Brandon Harris, Eric Berry,

Dammit man. This is a predicament. Changes everything I previously thought about Lammons. Thought he was a Brandon Mcgee type athlete. If buddy is 5'9, I need to see him play CB this year on a full time basis. We have seen Patten. I dont know who I would pick just yet. A month ago I would have agreed with you, IHATETHISPLACE. I didnt like Patten at all. Looked too small and had short arms. But he is a fighter. And a blazer. Interested to see what the staff feels.

I actually believe camp and 7 vs 7 tournaments are a great place to evaluate CB's. In a real game some CB's dont get tested. Lammons athleticism just jumps off his highlight tape when he is playing QB.

Take both. If Lammons doesn't work out at corner he would be nasty in the slot. You never go wrong taking versatile kids.

Advertisement
Back