Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not sure , maybe they want to EE. But I have no clue. I’m not even sure if they’re after hood anymore.

I posted in another thread but if current commits keep flirting with other schools or push back signing it could get interesting maybe freeing up a spot for someone like Payton.

If you tell the staff you’re signing early and then push it back they no longer view you as a commit, your spot could be gone.

Just something to keep an eye on.
Can you provide insight on who besides Thad is flirting with other teams??

I honestly believe they’re trying to fit him in. It’s just tight , but there’s still possible movement with current guys as I’ve mentioned above.
Without prying for names, but as a general comment the only ones you’ve really seen that from publicly were Collins and Franklin, and one of them is already gone. Seems like the others have been locked in. Maybe Davis looking for a certain SEC offer, but that seemed to be more people hypothesizing than anything too concrete.

Without prying for names, but as a general comment the only ones you’ve really seen that from publicly were Collins and Franklin, and one of them is already gone. Seems like the others have been locked in. Maybe Davis looking for a certain SEC offer, but that seemed to be more people hypothesizing than anything too concrete.
Thad and haye!!

Advertisement
I mentioned another one without saying his name, which is obvious “If you say you’re signing early and don’t they don’t view you as a commit”.

Advertisement
I mentioned another one without saying his name, which is obvious “If you say you’re signing early and don’t they don’t view you as a commit”.
Got it... always appreciate the info, and always want to be respectful of your keeping things as vague as needed. Thank you!

Exactly. Can't bet on the future when you can take a stud now

Especially with all the things that could wrong (ie. 2022 kids not qualifying academically, let's say King leaves and we suck next year, or King comes back gets injured and we suck, etc.)

Gotta find a way to get him in the class. Agree that he also looks better than Ismael
I couldn't agree more with this take...let's handle 2021 now and handle the 2022 kids after the 2021 class is locked up. With the free transfer thing for 2021 we don't know who might leave if they don't win a starting job (Cam W for example...if Chantz and Harvey start it's very possible especially if Cam felt he won the job). Similar thing where it was rumblings about Gil possibly leaving but he RAN AWAY with the job once the season started and now is EASILY one of the Top 5 players on our team. TAKE THIS KID PAYTON....figure out the rest later

Advertisement
He is easily Miami-caliber. The staff position is it's more of a numbers issue.
But DMoney can we afford to pass on kids now for what we believe might come to pass next year/cycle? I just don't think we as a program are quite there yet...taking Payton is something we have to do IMO... especially if Davis is playing LB. Even if Davis comes on as DE, (in case we land a certain MONSTER at LB) taking 3 DE isn't a bad thing. Assuming we'd have 3 spots left after taking Payton, let's count a QB, hopefully McBurrows and then HOPEFULLY a dynamic DT or LB...or both if we can take 25

Advertisement
Thanks for all the info. Lots of good stuff even without name dropping.
Ever since Taylor I try to not just cram it all in, just gently rub around and pop the head in occasionally. Taylor showed me there’s more eyes on mthan I thought. So I felt kinda bad about spilling everything including when he’d probably commit.

Even with Marshall I never said he was coming ( even though he was ), I just said we’re in it more than anyone knows. Even dropping the smoke sign I never said who it was for. So I learned my lesson with this ****.

So I’m sorry if I don’t drop more than the past. It’ll be worth it in the end.

Last edited:
But DMoney can we afford to pass on kids now for what we believe might come to pass next year/cycle? I just don't think we as a program are quite there yet...taking Payton is something we have to do IMO... especially if Davis is playing LB. Even if Davis comes on as DE, (in case we land a certain MONSTER at LB) taking 3 DE isn't a bad thing. Assuming we'd have 3 spots left after taking Payton, let's count a QB, hopefully McBurrows and then HOPEFULLY a dynamic DT or LB...or both if we can take 25
Not d but they want him but it’s going to be tough. If the guys come that they think they have a legit shot with, now if we told them no for Payton y’all would want manny’s head on a stick. We need help in the portal too, and we’ll get good players there as well.

We’re turning away good players in hs and college. It’s that tight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back