Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The big thing here will be seeing if we can get some of these guys to push their signing back to February. I believe the NCAA hearing on the 1 year transfer rule is in January and most expect clarity on the initial counter rule at that time.
They’ll definitely do something , especially with counters. They have to, kids will need somewhere to go and spots won’t be free to take them. The portal will be nuts.

Maybe this is how Payton gets in here. If he’s willing to do that.

They’ll definitely do something , especially with counters. They have to, kids will need somewhere to go and spots won’t be free to take them. The portal will be nuts.

Maybe this is how Payton gets in here. If he’s willing to do that.

I posted a few weeks ago Payton’s recruitment would pick up ( it did) and the staff likes him a lot ( as do I), even thinking they’d accept a commitment any day. Now I’m just not sure , especially hearing the names they’re expecting or thinking they have a great shot with. Then mix in the portal, if they’re tight as I’m told it’ll be hard to find space for him.

This is all my opinion. Just me looking at the numbers , the possibilities and the numbers adding up. Nothing more

I’m not even sure what’s going on with Brown , I keep hearing McGhee is their number one and the Michigan commit kid as a plan b and even Covingtons name has been mentioned ,but Brown rarely pops up. . As I’ve said I’ve been out of the loop , so I’m sure a lot has changed.

Payton will find a better spot than Nebraska regardless if it’s Miami, as I’ve mentioned awhile ago “ his recruitment will blow up the last month”.

Just clarifying this is opinion.
Cribby when you say the names they're expecting or have a great shot at,are you talking about the names we know in Garcia,Mason,T2 or are you talking about guys us fans don't even know we're in it for.

Cribby when you say the names they're expecting or have a great shot at,are you talking about the names we know in Garcia,Mason,T2 or are you talking about guys us fans don't even know we're in it for.
There’s only a few spots minus portal unless the NCAA does something. They want a minimum of two guys in portal. De and cb.

Every high school recruit they think they have a shot with is names we all know. Maybe a new cb name pops up since it’s...well.....Miami and a corner. You know how this plays out lol.

I’ll just say spots are so tight they’ll turn away good players in the portal. And there’s going to be a bunch of them entering.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if some top players currently committed to lesser programs will wait to sign; say Hood and McBurrows.
Not sure , maybe they want to EE. But I have no clue. I’m not even sure if they’re after hood anymore.

I posted in another thread but if current commits keep flirting with other schools or push back signing it could get interesting maybe freeing up a spot for someone like Payton.

If you tell the staff you’re signing early and then push it back they no longer view you as a commit, your spot could be gone.

Just something to keep an eye on.

Not sure , maybe they want to EE. But I have no clue. I’m not even sure if they’re after hood anymore.

I posted in another thread but if current commits keep flirting with other schools or push back signing it could get interesting maybe freeing up a spot for someone like Payton.

If you tell the staff you’re signing early and then push it back they no longer view you as a commit, your spot could be gone.

Hope they don’t turn this kid down because they can’t read a recruit for ****e and think a big name is coming who we all know will go SEC and is a pipe dream

Advertisement
Hope they don’t turn this kid down because they can’t read a recruit for ****e and think a big name is coming who we all know will go SEC and is a pipe dream
I honestly believe they’re trying to fit him in. It’s just tight , but there’s still possible movement with current guys as I’ve mentioned above.

how many are playing games right now? Don’t need names just how many being little sketchy right now?

Advertisement
Couple , pretty obvious.

I haven’t followed as much so I’m. It even going to to try and guess. If we win out we should have options in two weeks and beyond. Not too worried for the first time one many many years on how we finish. Our big dogs are all locked in it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back