Past Clearing house issues

1) No one knows if any of the current signees have any Clearinghouse issues...too early to know.

2) not sure what influence Richt has with potential Clearinghouse issues as that is between the players and NCAA...

#1 is 100% false.

You can't enroll at Miami if you haven't passed the Clearinghouse. So all of our guys, at least through Summer A enrollees, are good to go.

IL, guys have been enrolled and participating in practice and were been called off the field due to clearinghouse issues. You never know, all it takes is a guy getting flagged by some random administrator. I don't think that will happen this year, but strange things have happened.

I mean technically that can happen at any time. Derrick Rose got flagged after his freshman season had ended, for example, when they started having doubts about his ACT.

So what you're referring to is pretty rare.

And who even is the last Miami player to be enrolled and then be flagged, it's definitely been awhile?

Much more common is the Cedrick Wright situation last year where they don't let him enroll until his flagged transcript issue gets taken care of

Advertisement
As it stands this will be 2nd yr in row where everyone on the commit list has made it in with no clearing house issues. Why was it so difficult during coker, shannon and golden era to get kids in withput a hitch? Please pete, dmoney, geo or any insider can provide the details of the things CMR doing to combate those issues.

Who gives a shlt?...

Lol.
It's pretty important to have our whole class in the Fall playing/taking a redshirt instead of pulling a Shavar Manuel.

As it stands this will be 2nd yr in row where everyone on the commit list has made it in with no clearing house issues. Why was it so difficult during coker, shannon and golden era to get kids in withput a hitch? Please pete, dmoney, geo or any insider can provide the details of the things CMR doing to combate those issues.

Who gives a shlt?...

Lol.
It's pretty important to have our whole class in the Fall playing/taking a redshirt instead of pulling a Shavar Manuel.

Latest report on him is that he along with keion Joyner who signed with fsu in 2016 grades are terrible in juco. Not looking good for them

1) No one knows if any of the current signees have any Clearinghouse issues...too early to know.

2) not sure what influence Richt has with potential Clearinghouse issues as that is between the players and NCAA...

#1 is 100% false.

You can't enroll at Miami if you haven't passed the Clearinghouse. So all of our guys, at least through Summer A enrollees, are good to go.

IL, guys have been enrolled and participating in practice and were been called off the field due to clearinghouse issues. You never know, all it takes is a guy getting flagged by some random administrator. I don't think that will happen this year, but strange things have happened.

I mean technically that can happen at any time. Derrick Rose got flagged after his freshman season had ended, for example, when they started having doubts about his ACT.

And who even is the last Miami player to be enrolled and then be flagged, it's definitely been awhile?

Much more common is the Cedrick Wright situation last year where they don't let him enroll until his flagged transcript issue gets taken care of

So....to summarize.....point no.1 was not 100 false...correct?
Get a better calculator.

Advertisement

Who gives a shlt?...

Pretty much the entire board was up in arms about admissions under Shalala, and im pretty sure she's the answer

Who gives a shlt?...

Lol.

Latest report on him is that he along with keion Joyner who signed with fsu in 2016 grades are terrible in juco. Not looking good for them
Smh jrock did all that flagging on here and his nephew is never going to see a d1 field. Product of west tampa/Blake hs...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Who gives a shlt?...

Pretty much the entire board was up in arms about admissions under Shalala, and im pretty sure she's the answer

Does anyone think that Shalala alerted the NCAA herself to keep "the questionable" student/athletes away from "her university" ???

Shalala was the problem with our football program. She destroyed the program from within. It no coincidence that all of sudden their is money for coaches, practice facilities and kids are getting in with less issues. Where Tad Foote failed she succeeded in bring down the house the Howard and jimmy built.

Actually, if in not mistaken, Pete has reported in the past that Shalala has stepped up to help kids get in. If i am not mistaken, Yearby was one of them and nearly went to USF instead. Just saying.

Advertisement

#1 is 100% false.

Get a better calculator.

Thomas is in school and will be playing here this fall. Sorry dude, I know how bitter that makes you, but he's good to go.

#1 is 100% false.

Get a better calculator.

Thomas is in school and will be playing here this fall. Sorry dude, I know how bitter that makes you, but he's good to go.

Remember that guy back in January who came on here claiming to be from east St. Louis claiming people in the community were still holding grudges because miami sent a former east St. Louis player home back in the 1980s?lol, the poster was so adamant that Thomas wasn't coming to Miami because of that lol...

Pete's been telling everyone for months Thomas is fine.

I guess MedleyCane knows more though, he's the real insider.

Advertisement
I think Randy and Golden had more clearing house issues because they were so desperate, they'd sign guys that probably wouldn't qualify just to boost their recruiting classes. The number of signees that never made it into school under Golden alone, is mind boggling.

While Shalala was cheap when it came to spending the athletic department's money, she had a history of doing whatever possible to help kids get enrolled.

The fact is, the previous coaches knew who wasn't going to make it into school but they kept throwing **** at the wall hoping some of it stuck.

Pete's been telling everyone for months Thomas is fine.

I guess MedleyCane knows more though, he's the real insider.

Quit being a bag of fecal sample for a minute, I have never claimed to be a UM insider.
If you follow UM for a few years, you would know not to assume any given signee is in just because they have a jersey number, are on campus, participating in S&C sessions, registered for classes and so on. As someone else mentioned, we even had a player who was assumed in the clear being literally pulled off the practice field.
Read the posts a little better from people who know more than you and learn from it instead of being a cvnt rag.

Just a guess based on personalities from my point of view.
1. AG - Didn't go to bat for these guys as hard. He prob said ***** it, they don't want to put in the work so I am not going to try and
help them.
2. Richt is a far better person IMO. He feels these are good kids with sub-par surroundings and a lack of resources. He tells the powers that be, give me a chance to work with these kids and help get them out of the streets. He's genuine and really cares. He also is far more entrenched in the community.

This.

Advertisement

Who gives a shlt?...

Does anyone think that Shalala alerted the NCAA herself to keep "the questionable" student/athletes away from "her university" ???
Yea, the lady who stood up for Willie Williams also snitched on her own program. That makes a ton of sense. Idiots blame Shalala for the academic standards, but the blame goes on people like Larry Coker, who never bothered to manage the situation. He just sat on his butt and complained. The one thing Shannon figured out was the roadmap thing, which cut down on the number of kids not qualifying at the last minute.

LOL at dudes talking that old tyme Clearinghouse ****. I wonder if any of our new signees won't enroll because of the bubonic plague or if they'll be undergoing bloodletting with leeches to balance their humours prior to enrollment.

Shalala was the problem with our football program. She destroyed the program from within. It no coincidence that all of sudden their is money for coaches, practice facilities and kids are getting in with less issues. Where Tad Foote failed she succeeded in bring down the house the Howard and jimmy built.

This is what I was thinking and I go with the other poster statement of Richt knowledge of SEC collusion.

Who gives a shlt?...

I do! The staff can play a role in steering kids toward viable paths to successfully completing the various requirements. Beyond that, I agree that it's up to the kid to do his part, but I would think that some good and timely guidance from the staff can help.

Advertisement
Back