Now

mario-cristobal.jpg

Over

lane-kiffin-wild-celebrating-game-winning-td.jpg

"Bad gameday coach? So what?! He'll just recruit around it!"

"He'll keep the local guys home!"

"He loves the U! He'll never leave!"

"What about that guy's defense?!"

"How could that guy possibly recruit South Florida with that personality? That wouldn't fly down here!"

"We need a guy that understands what it means to be a Cane! Not some gimmicky nonsense!"

"Culture! Discipline!"

Don't play it "safe" for once, Miami.

Don't allow your fear of the unknown subsume you. Take the big swing NOW that you were always too afraid to take before.

#Campaign4Lane

Advertisement
I think the key benefit of Mario is the likelihood of Highsmith being involved and being part of this is far higher. Probably the only scenario that Zo works out.

Can’t rule out what a premier talent evaluator with his Rolodex could do for us. I don’t think someone with that oversight and authority flies with anyone other than Cristobal

But I agree.. Lane is the better coach.. unless Mario hires some killer coordinators

Advertisement
First

77212711.0.jpg

Over

mike-leachjpg.jpg

Now

mario-cristobal.jpg

Over

"How could that guy possibly recruit South Florida with that personality? That wouldn't fly down here!"

"We need a guy that understands what it means to be a Cane! Not some gimmicky nonsense!"

"Culture! Discipline!"

Don't allow your fear of the unknown subsume you. Take the big swing NOW that you were always too afraid to take before.

#Campaign4Lane
I’d still take the pirate over both of them.

Kiffin does well here and he’s gone to the nfl.

What I don’t understand about the recruiting argument is, it’s not like Kiffin is a bad recruiter.

Ole Miss finished 17th with a near .88 average recruit ranking last year.

Short of handing out bags so big it even offends the rest of the SEC, that’s about as good as Ole Miss can do on the trail.

Advertisement
What I don’t understand about the recruiting argument is, it’s not like Kiffin is a bad recruiter.

Ole Miss finished 17th with a near .88 average recruit ranking last year.

Short of handing out bags so big it even offends the rest of the SEC, that’s about as good as Ole Miss can do on the trail.
And they have scholly reductions

Advertisement
If Lane brings a legit DC + the strength coach he has at Ole Miss we're cooking with grease. His offenses are also underrated as far as running the ball goes. Could he bolt for the NFL ? Sure, there's always a chance but that means he was the right pick by us and that's a risk I'm willing to take.

One of if not the most important thing Mario brings is that he immediately gets us to the top of 99% of all the high school coaches list in the tri-county area…if anyone can shut off S.Fla again it would be him but he needs to hire some great Coordinators to insure this really works..

Lane to me is the better choice but Mario gives us an advantage in recruiting that I don’t think Lane can get close to matching…jmo

Advertisement
Classic. I love how we go from “no one will come here” to now basically saying we have the pick of the litter and that top coaching candidates are fighting each other to be here.

That we would “pass up” Lane to get Mário is just a hilarious thought to me.

First

77212711.0.jpg

Over

mike-leachjpg.jpg

Now

mario-cristobal.jpg

Over

"Culture! Discipline!"

#Campaign4Lane
I'm a Mario guy but u do have a strong point when u say it like this. Can't even argue cause imo both of these guys could fail here lol

How many games did Shannon win before he got the job?

Same amount as Coker or Davis or Diaz before they got the Miami jobs.

But they all had local or "insider" support that made it possible for them to get the gig. Miami's impulse is be of itself. Insular. All under the guise of maintaining some "cultural" connection, whether it be from the past or previous staff. Time has proven that whatever Miami's instinct is on this matter, more often than not, is wrong.

Give the guy that can squeeze the most out of what he has a shot. For once.

Or, we can just go hire Larry Coker. He's won some games. Plenty of experience. Even a National Championship. Butch Davis is available too.

Advertisement
Back