Parrish will be on campus on Friday, talks connection with Chaney

View as article
Advertisement
I like him but I don’t love him. Staff clearly feels the same way. This one’s tough. He reminds me of Joe Yearby maybe a little less wiggle but slightly faster. His speed is still a concern. Watching yearby get chased down drove me nuts and I see the same issue with Parrish.

Give me Holmes all day over Parrish

I’m undecided but I’m leaning to this. If you’re that slight, you have to be electric IMO. In that sense, give me Holmes

I'm with you, I want the speed guys. Let's see who's on the list before we jump.

Advertisement
He’s plenty fast enough. When this kid wants to hit the hole hard he shows a good burst and excellent vision. His jump step/juke isn’t as good as he thinks. There’s too many plays when he could run out of bounds and get more yards vs taking hits trying to juke guys. That can easily be coached. I like him a lot as a pair with Chaney.
Agreed. idgaf what his track times are, kid is plenty fast enough. Much faster than Joe Yearby ever was (and I liked Joe).

Impressive film! After watching Parrish’s highlights, he is definitely a take if he wants to commit. Kid’s running style reminds me a lot of Clinton Portis. A pure downhill runner, with serious jukes and good speed.

I want Caziah Holmes in this class, too. But would not tell Parrish no just to try to get CH. Parrish is definitely an upper echelon back in my opinion.

Advertisement
It was said on one of the other sites that the staff is recruiting Tyrek Murphy hard. He seems to be a priority. I guess we will see what unfolds on the RB board this spring.

Advertisement
It was said on one of the other sites that the staff is recruiting Tyrek Murphy hard. He seems to be a priority. I guess we will see what unfolds on the RB board this spring.

It's refreshing, that's how it should be. They've got visits in the Spring lined up now with Parrish, Holmes, and Murphy. Plus obviously they're still trying for Knighton. No more limited recruiting board focusing on 1 guy at a time.

I doubt we take more than 1 more RB, but maybe they'd take a 2nd to go along with Holmes

DMoney has had this one pegged for a while, and he's correct.

Don Chaney is the best back in the state, IMO. So we got a monster already.

Then I think that next group is Bowman & Knighton, who you could make an argument are on Chaney's level, but regardless, IMO those are the clear 3 best backs in the state, and Miami has no shot at either of those 2.

So you look a little deeper, and I have that next group with Parrish, Holmes, and Lee. I really think these are splitting hairs, but IMO Holmes is the best athlete, and Parrish is the best RB.

It seems like Holmes really wants to play RB, and the staff is recruiting him as such. So, as bad as I want this kid, if he's hellbent on playing RB, I think the likely scenario is Miami ends up with Chaney and Parrish, and Holmes goes to FSU. Which would suck, because that kid is an INSANE athlete, but I don't think you can take him as a RB over Parrish.

Maybe not tremendous track speed but he has game sufficient speed with a gear he doesn't show till called upon didn't see him getting caught in breaking lose. Parrish field presence impressive he's got that gift of extra sense of feeling pressure and extra cut to elude.

He'll yeah he's a keeper....go get him.

GOCANES

Advertisement
And for all the talk about explosiveness, Holmes averaged 6.6 yards per carry (1,196 yards total) on a traditional powerhouse, Cocoa.

Parrish averaged 10.4 yards per carry (1,878 yards) against a much tougher schedule, with some of his longest runs coming against the best defenses in the state.

Holmes is a great athlete but he is not in the same class as Parrish as a runner. He’s not natural.

Interesting. Thanks, D. Generally, stud RBs get into that 8-11 ypc average. surprised Holmes is that low - is he being used differently than Parrish? As always, there's always more story behind the numbers.

@DMoney..tell me this isn’t another “Charlie Jones/ Joe Yearby” situation where a Dade County legend at RBs skills don’t translate to the next level because they don’t have any elite traits just a lot of good ones?
Charlie Jones wasn’t even a great HS RB.

And for all the talk about explosiveness, Holmes averaged 6.6 yards per carry (1,196 yards total) on a traditional powerhouse, Cocoa.

Parrish averaged 10.4 yards per carry (1,878 yards) against a much tougher schedule, with some of his longest runs coming against the best defenses in the state.

Holmes is a great athlete but he is not in the same class as Parrish as a runner. He’s not natural.
You shouldn’t have to convince these goofballs who are too obsessed with his 100m times. The only thing you need to show anyone is that 10.4 per carry. That’s the definition of elite. That is the star that tells you EVERYTHING.

If they still quibble with you after you show them 10.4, then just leave them alone to eat boogers in solitude.

Advertisement
Back