Parrish to the portal

I agree, but still think it’s a long shot. JMO, hope I’m wrong.
Not a long shot… but things don’t always work out as you plan.

The question remains for the same $ right now

With 55% at RB1
25% at WR1
10% at CB1

Where are you allocating resources unless someone is already telling you they want in?

Mind you things have slightly changed with the addition of Cam, the significant upside of WRs, and the backslide at RB. You might be able to get a WR1 to pair with Cam over a RB1 but that completely alters the chemistry of the WR room with an alpha (x) in their and some dogs chomping.

You have nothing proven at RB. Zip, zero, zilch. When D$ money first mentioned a RB transfer I was skeptical because I had not heard about the Parrish transfer yet. Now despite youth upside, it’s tight. If that “dude” or two has made it known they’re open for a buyout. You move now.
Whether these “pieces” are playing Miami or not is a different story.

But we thought the same thing with Ward and Miami worked it out.

There is serious interest. If the sides come together will be another story.

Advertisement
I wonder what the split in NIL money is between high school recruits, portal additions, and funds kept aside to re-up current players’ deals.

Concerning thing with CB is that remember right before signing day the staff said “we are good” at CB basically? Pre portal? And that held true

Flip side they said we are getting an elite QB and they got one. Said they were landing the #1 DL class and pretty much did

They said they’ll be aggressive at RB and by now I believe they will and we will be good there

But unless I’ve missed some newer comments they shockingly said they were fine so I don’t expect anything there

Concerning thing with CB is that remember right before signing day the staff said “we are good” at CB basically? Pre portal? And that held true

Flip side they said we are getting an elite QB and they got one. Said they were landing the #1 DL class and pretty much did

They said they’ll be aggressive at RB and by now I believe they will and we will be good there

But unless I’ve missed some newer comments they shockingly said they were fine so I don’t expect anything there
I think they are waiting to evaluate Stafford. Either way I don't expect to land anyone elite there

Call me crazy but it seems like DB is the biggest position of need. I'm not against taking any of the other positions to shore them up but **** if the staff doesn't need to look like the guys on Deadliest Catch and dump the portal DBs onto a sorting table and go thru them all picking out what we need.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
If the Canes get a RB in the portal, it has to be a player that you are absolutely confident would be more PRODUCTIVE than Jordan Lyle, CJ, Hellcat, Ajay or Elijah Lofton if given the same amount of carries. Same opportunities. Who is that guy?

Likely a big reason why a certain DB coach isn't on staff anymore

I agree, but still think it’s a long shot. JMO, hope I’m wrong.
Not a long shot… but things don’t always work out as you plan.

The question remains for the same $ right now

With 55% at RB1
25% at WR1
10% at CB1

Where are you allocating resources unless someone is already telling you they want in?

Mind you things have slightly changed with the addition of Cam, the significant upside of WRs, and the backslide at RB. You might be able to get a WR1 to pair with Cam over a RB1 but that completely alters the chemistry of the WR room with an alpha (x) in their and some dogs chomping.

You have nothing proven at RB. Zip, zero, zilch. When D$ money first mentioned a RB transfer I was skeptical because I had not heard about the Parrish transfer yet. Now despite youth upside, it’s tight. If that “dude” or two has made it known they’re open for a buyout. You move now.

IMG_1234.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back