Parrish to the portal

According to some people the foot surgery Fletcher have normally can take one year to heal properly. Let's see, Citizen status will be decided on the spring. Besides that, I like Allen but the rest are basically true or redshirt freshman's. Maybe 2 portals RB are not out of the question for me with one being a quality starting caliber one. It will cost a lot$.
What I've heard is Fletch has a Lisfranc Fx. Bad enough to require surgery. That's usually a long recovery. Problem being we don't get much info from the team on injuries.

Advertisement
He gave us all he had. I wish him well.
Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the story of our season. If Cam Ward is HIM...none of this other **** matters. The WRs will look like All-Conference, fringe All-Americans. The RBs will eat and be All-Conference considerations. The OL will have more than one All-American on it and probably a late season award finalist on it.

Henry Parrish is my dude. I've always liked him. My take on him in HS was a home run. He'd be our best back this year, and he'd prove it by leading the team in ypa again, despite probably not leading in attempts. But he's not going to matter to our success this year. Its Ward. That's it.

Ajay Allen kind of gives you the same skillset. Very similar runners. Maybe a little less savvy and runs with a little more oomph, maybe gives you 80 cents on the dollar of Henry Parrish. We'll be ok, I think.
I generally agree but it really depends on how our offense operates. If we’re going to let Cam carry the load and use the pass to set up the run game, we will be just fine with a running back room full of decent players. If we’re going to continue to try to be an “establish the run” type of offense, we’ll have issues. Our lack of game breaker makes our running game pedestrian even with good blocking. We have a bunch of guys who can get 5 yards. We need guys who can turn 5 yard runs into 20+ yard runs.

Very. Wonder what he knows?

Maybe a certain '24 recruit is going to transfer.
I am guessing CJ Donaldson. He was rumored to be a candidate last year, fits the "bigger back" role, and had an injury at the end of last year which seemingly opened it up for WV RB2 to snatch carries and he looked good, may very well surpass CJ so makes sense after spring if CJ is #2, just come home and fight for #1 or be #2 here, I assume also with a pay bump in NIL.

Severely doubt someone like Baxter comes back. Maybe Riley, who knows with Deboer now at the helm. But even then relying on another TF likely does not solve our RB depth issue for a proven commodity.

He was our most consistent RB. Not dynamic, but he was dependable. This concerns me
So far when the staff has proclaimed they are going to address a position, they’ve delivered

Not sure how this plays out but remember when they said things like “we feel good at CB” even though that was clearly a reach? I would be way more concerned if they said something like “oh we feel good about RB”

Advertisement
Ya’ll are saying “yeah just get a portal guy” like it’s just a sure thing we can find a top back in there. It will more than likely be another JAG ala Allen. Parrish was easily our best back in a very thin room. We don’t know anything about Citizen and we won’t know ish about Fletcher either with the way this school operates with injuries.

Elijah Lofton could get carries if needed as well..

5.5 Career YPC

1998-2004 - Edge, James Jackson, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Geathers - 7 dudes in 7 years
2005 - Present
- Miller, Duke, Dallas, Homer - 4 dudes in 19 years

Any dudes under 5.5 honestly aren't worth debating that much about. It's just an argument over who's the most above average

Advertisement
5.5 Career YPC

1998-2004 - Edge, James Jackson, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Geathers - 7 dudes in 7 years
2005 - Present
- Miller, Duke, Dallas, Homer - 4 dudes in 19 years

Any dudes under 5.5 honestly aren't worth debating that much about
. It's just an argument over who's the most above average
@Confidence1000 please, Jesus Christ man

Ya’ll are saying “yeah just get a portal guy” like it’s just a sure thing we can find a top back in there. It will more than likely be another JAG ala Allen. Parrish was easily our best back in a very thin room. We don’t know anything about Citizen and we won’t know ish about Fletcher either with the way this school operates with injuries.
Can never have enough running backs.

Advertisement
Back