Sounds like a wonderful plan....

Injured
Unknown
Not yet healthy
Potential put no burn/solid backup

"Incredibly average RB" room
Jaguar Savage Kingdom GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Advertisement
That’s all fine but reality is we needed to add a better option WHILE keeping Parrish with the injuries in the room and lack of proven production
I hear ya, unfortunately that’s not how it goes with other options in the room & allocated funds. You get another RB while keeping Parrish for one more year, then what? Risk losing high end talent like CJJ or Fletch leaving? Or better yet, Parrish doesn’t play & takes up X amount of money we could’ve used elsewhere. Welcome to salary cap era in CFB.

Advertisement
Parrish was a dog who always played hard. Gotta respect a guy like that and hope he does well, even if his limitations weren’t RB1 level at what we envision the U to be moving forward.

That being said, I see a lot of people freaking out about what’s gonna be “available” in the spring portal and I’m frankly just not worried about that, especially at the RB position.

In today’s NIL landscape with the early signing day and fall portal, some studs/above average players are naturally gonna hold off from transferring until spring to see where the best situations are and juice their market value. FSU got Coleman in the spring. I think Allen was a take last year to get bodies in the room and shouldn’t necessarily be indicative of the caliber we are going to get in the portal. Last spring we had even more question marks at this position than we do now. Chaney being able to stay healthy was a huge boost to the room, but we were one season removed from walk-ons getting reps, and I think our RB situation turned out pretty well after far graver concerns in Spring ‘23. Behind this o-line with Cam Ward at QB, the NIL we’ve shown we are committed to, and available playing time, I would be shocked if we are not able to land two RBs at least slightly-above to well-above Parrish level.
Respectfully unless we have some ****ed up #metoo info on some coach can we all stop bringing up Coleman when discussing the spring transfer portal? That was the rarest of incidents and not indicative of the type of talent you find after spring.

Carry on….

Eh, I heard the same thing when Colbie Young left. Still waiting on that replacement.
Little different considering the circumstance. No elite WR was signing up to play with the QB room we had, Ward playing hopscotch deaded a lot of good options we were talking to. That will be taking care of soon. As for RB? You know what you got protecting you & playing in front of you. These kids know what Miami’s OL brings to the table for them.

Advertisement
The fact that this is a loss tells you all you really need to know about our RB room I guess
Bingo.

In most Top 20 programs, Parrish is a solid RB2 or RB3. He was statistically our best running back last year, and that’s even with the benching + injuries.

Led the backfield in yards (5 less attempts than Fletcher but over 100 yards more), yards per carry and touchdowns, as well as receptions out of the backfield.

Spring Portal needs to provide a RB1-caliber RB for this offense. It’s time we add a real game-changer out of the backfield that can break it outside for 30+ and change gears instantly.

Advertisement
OSU and Texas rb rooms are loaded. Gotta be some cat from one of those teams who is looking for some playing time.

Respectfully unless we have some ****ed up #metoo info on some coach can we all stop bringing up Coleman when discussing the spring transfer portal? That was the rarest of incidents and not indicative of the type of talent you find after spring.

Carry on….
Agreed though I’m wondering if this will change

Reason I say that is if a team has NIL funds after the absurdity that has become the winter portal settles down, then it’s another free agency perhaps? Might not simply be guys that started to get buried on depth charts if enough money is involved

You can tell the folks that didnt read DMoneys "The Bank" update. He clearly said that Mario wants our RB room to start looking like Bama, OSU, Texas, Georgia, etc. The big dogs. We are not there. Its addition by subtraction. Parrish was good but he wouldnt even see the field on any of those teams I mentioned and Ole Miss hasnt missed a beat since he left.

Advertisement
Back