Parrish to the portal

Had the best vision & natural run ability of the backs on the roster. Consistently got yards and moved the chains. Limited hands regarding receiving out of the backfield. By no means a high level back, not sure he has an NFL future, but always produced and was reliable.

As a side note- if he was healthy against FSU we may have won the game. There were a lot of runs in the second half that an RB with vision could have bounced outside and ripped off huge gains. Fletcher was abysmal that day at 2.9 YPC just running into piles.

Wish him well wherever he lands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Had the best vision & natural run ability of the backs on the roster. Consistently got yards and moved the chains. Limited hands regarding receiving out of the backfield. By no means a high level back, not sure he has an NFL future, but always produced and was reliable.

As a side note- if he was healthy against FSU we may have won the game. There were a lot of runs in the second half that an RB with vision could have bounced outside and ripped off huge gains. Fletcher was abysmal that day at 2.9 YPC just running into piles.

Wish him well wherever he lands.
He was healthy. Miami decided Chaney was the better option with Fletcher. You can see the shift in type of back Miami wants. Who fits the mold of a Chaney/Fletch type body & playing style with ties to the city? We’ve talked about it before

Parrish isn’t special but neither is anyone we have. We desperately need a portal RB. I don’t trust that Citizen will play and if he does, will he be half the player pre injury? Fletcher is supposed to be healthy after spring but does anyone trust our doctors or injury reports? Allen is a JAG. CJ has 11 career carries and everyone else has zero.

This RB issue should have been resolved during the first portal window. The staff knew Fletcher and Citizen were going to be limited, and we had chaney transfer. My assumption is that the quality of rbs that hit the portal post spring will be limited

Advertisement
team hasnt been in pads yet.

Folks just making up scenarios.

From the szn ended he was listed as a transfer candidate to go somewhere to be the main guy.
If CJ2 gets 10 of the touches that were allotted to a guy like Parrish for this upcoming season, I don't think we will be disappointed.

Advertisement
He's a solid player, but what we need are some game breakers and he isn't that. I trust that Mario will replace Parish with someone better, which will make our backfield that much better. Don't know who it will be, but filling this spot after the Spring is the least of my concerns. One Alpha CB, is the biggest need.

On the plus side, can’t play bro ball if you don’t have enough serviceable backs….

Think About It GIF by Identity

Advertisement
I like Parrish. Not sure how I feel about this yet. Guy always ran tough, but is not a game breaker, as others have already stated. To me, he was the RB that got the most out of nothing. However, he also got the least amount of yards out of what should have been a huge gain. Very frustrating to watch at times.

Parrish was a K.Smith special. He didn’t want to leave and was phased out after that UNC fumble at the 1 yard line. He had 5 carries the next 5 games (including zero in our two biggest games vs Noles and Clemson). Don’t overthink it, Miami has a guy lined up & I believe it’s school who has been good to us with transfers… that’s all I’ll say.
I do not want the Vanderbilt RB.

Advertisement
Back