Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

ya.... no they aren't lol. That would be like me saying firemen are basically housewives because they just sit around in the firehouse all day.

OBVIOUSLY, I am just saying this to show how ignorant the statement is. I have the utmost respect for The NYFD and firemen across the nation. They are extremely hard working and selfless individuals. I do not think like that at all, but I was just showing the comparison.
No... we’re basically housewives. @LustNCanes and @Zbrod95 can confirm.

Advertisement
You said, multiple times, that “guys on the street” (yourself included) are superior human beings. Gtfo man. I honestly thought you were joking back then - seems rather clear that you were pretty serious. Lol. Who tf are you trying to help with your “friends don’t let friends earn (insert middling salary you deem appropriate)” schtick?

I’ll say it again - if what you posit here is genuine, please go see a shrink. It can’t hurt. I could probably recommend one in the cesspool you call home.

Guess what. The world is not fair. As much as you may wish it to be true some people are more gifted than others. That is why athletes make so much money. Do you think your average burger flipper is just as gifted as Ray Lewis?

You are delusional if you don't think Wall Street, as a whole, does not have more genetically gifted people than any other field in the world.

I am trying to help people on this board. I, UNLIKE YOU, do not want to post BS to make myself feel better.

This is what is wrong with this world. You would rather see tons of kids go into crippling debt by getting a degree in English and then spending the next 30 years of their lives working it off. Just so you can feel better about your English degree.

I on the other hand would rather admit that I made the wrong choice X amount of years ago to help other people not make the same mistake as me in the future.

Who am I preaching to? To all the posters on this site who have kids. I don't want to see people make the same mistake as tons of millennials who will be paying back student loans until they are 60 and living paycheck to paycheck until they die.

You said, multiple times, that “guys on the street” (yourself included) are superior human beings. Gtfo man. I honestly thought you were joking back then - seems rather clear that you were pretty serious. Lol. Who tf are you trying to help with your “friends don’t let friends earn (insert middling salary you deem appropriate)” schtick?

I’ll say it again - if what you posit here is genuine, please go see a shrink. It can’t hurt. I could probably recommend one in the cesspool you call home.

Guys,

Thanks so much for the bickering (really fun stuff) and for hijacking this thread about Parker Braun. Great work.

You work on Wall Street and have time to post on this site during the day?

Yes, I post on CIS from my computer. I also work from home multiple times a week. If you asked me this question a couple years ago my answer would be **** no, but at my current position I have plenty of time.

Advertisement
These are not wild assumptions. I can't believe you are actually trying to say a kid choosing an English or History degree is a good career path. If you want to be an English or History teacher there are much better ways to go about it then spending 200k to go to a school like Miami. If you are smart enough to get a scholarship to a school you shouldn't waste your talent on being a teacher.

Again, that is straight BS. First of all. For me I already put my time in now so it is a little late for your life lessons. I now work less than 40 hours a week. Even when I was putting in all those hours I would still go out every Friday and Sat night and because I actually had a decent salary in my 20s I was able to enjoy it a lot more than the teachers with more free time who would spend it clipping coupons, watching TV, or going out to TGIF happy hour.

Hey now take it easy sir. Back in the day I have picked up quite a few unscrupulous big boned educators at TGIF happy hour around Orlando. Let's just say I have expert experience at role playing extended naughty detention with lots of spankings proceeded by the teacher washing her mouth out for being naughty Ms. Becky. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Go Canes

Last edited:
ya.... no they aren't lol. That would be like me saying firemen are basically housewives because they just sit around in the firehouse all day.

OBVIOUSLY, I am just saying this to show how ignorant the statement is. I have the utmost respect for The NYFD and firemen across the nation. They are extremely hard working and selfless individuals. I do not think like that at all, but I was just showing the comparison.
Don’t most guys get their starts selling and move up from there? And I got no problem w how anyone makes their living, but it always seemed to be the most valuable skill one could possess is the abiiity to sell. **** that’s how we select our presidents, apparently.

Advertisement
Guess what. The world is not fair. As much as you may wish it to be true some people are more gifted than others. That is why athletes make so much money. Do you think your average burger flipper is just as gifted as Ray Lewis?

You are delusional if you don't think Wall Street, as a whole, does not have more genetically gifted people than any other field in the world.

I am trying to help people on this board. I, UNLIKE YOU, do not want to post BS to make myself feel better.

This is what is wrong with this world. You would rather see tons of kids go into crippling debt by getting a degree in English and then spending the next 30 years of their lives working it off. Just so you can feel better about your English degree.

I on the other hand would rather admit that I made the wrong choice X amount of years ago to help other people not make the same mistake as me in the future.

Who am I preaching to? To all the posters on this site who have kids. I don't want to see people make the same mistake as tons of millennials who will be paying back student loans until they are 60 and living paycheck to paycheck until they die.

I guess, if I had an English degree, that’d make sense. No, no it wouldn’t. It’d still be the same vapid, base, nonsense uttered from a clear narcissist who is in desperate need of help.

I literally lol’d at “make myself feel better.” Coming from you, that is rich.

You’re really going to try and fight up the “I’m a superior human being than you” hill? For real man, I can get you a name.

If you think the USA wouldn't take a MASSIVE hit if NYC just sunk than you are delusional. I am not surprised that you would say that considering the fact that you think it is a good idea to major in one of the most useless degrees available.

Yes, if this player decides to become a lawyer than it is an OK choice, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this kid.

I never said "every single person making under 500k a year is an imbecile". I am sure many of these people were not dedicated, smart enough, or given the opportunities to land an elite job. Some may have even chose it because it is their life passion. I am not disputing that. However, when you are given a full ride to a tier 1 school and can choose any major you want and you decide to choose literature and communications you are an imbecile. Maybe imbecile is a little harsh of a word. Uninformed or naive may be a better way to put it. However, for someone to come along(like yourself) and say the kid made a solid choice is absolutely ridiculous.

It certainly does mean that. Do you realize how many people apply for these jobs and get turned down? People with straight As from great schools like Duke and Cornell still get turned down from these positions. These same people would have High Schools begging them to come teach for them. Only a very small percentage of the population is smart enough to be successful on the street. The vast majority of the country is smart enough to work in these trade or teaching jobs.

You are correct, plenty of people don't want to put in the hours. That does not mean that they are smart enough to do it. They could become accountants and work 40 hour weeks and make partner at 35 and take home 5-6 million a year while working significantly less than 40 hours a week.

The moral of the story is Wall street is the largest collection of hard working highly intelligent people on the planet. That is a straight up fact.

Why? Because they make a lot of money? Beyond their ability to generate lots of money, what makes these individuals so intelligent?

Don’t most guys get their starts selling and move up from there? And I got no problem w how anyone makes their living, but it always seemed to be the most valuable skill one could possess is the abiiity to sell. **** that’s how we select our presidents, apparently.

I see what you are referring to. You are talking about the finance guys that work as like Financial Advisors and that sort of financial piece. Those guys are basically salesmen, but those are usually the guys who major in Finance and go to like FAU, FSU, or somewhere like that. They cold call and try and get people to let an FA handle their accounts. Usually the FA will have guys who did not yet pass their Series # test to do the calls for them. Then the FA is the guy that closes the deal. However, that is not really what most of the WS guys are doing.

For example what my job consists of is basically. When companies want to sell their company we do 1 of 2 things. We purchase it at a discount. Hold it for a period of time and then flip it for a profit. We also may purchase the company make some quick fixes to the company and then flip it for a profit.

Sales doesn't really come into play. It is more about researching and seeing how much a company is worth and then negotiating a good price. Also, being able to predict how the company will do and how much you can sell it for in the future is a big piece of the puzzle.

Cool. Thanks.

You are making some valid points … but I also think you’re being a way too heavy-handed. LMAO.

Real talk: I applaud your hard work and drive - way to go get it, but there are a lot of really smart kids who never even consider Wall Street; preferring in many cases to go to work in places like Washington D.C. where they may never make Wall Street money as career civil servants.

I’d paste the image into this post but one of the mods (@Andrew ?) took away my ability to do things like that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-cities-for-harvard-yale-ivy-league-grads-2018-8

I completely agree with you. I honestly was just trying to make a simple point about picking a major that is going to be worth the investment. I have no problem with any job. I used to work at Mcdonalds back in HS lol. Also, one of my first posts was that if you are going to spend 50k a year at Miami it is foolish to get an english degree because the field is very saturated and you are going to spend a lot of time searching for a job that is only going to pay 30-50k a year in the first place. It would be much wiser going to an FIU type school and getting a degree that is just as good. OR going to a trade school and spending 1 year and then getting paid A LOT more(plus tons of overtime). Or even going to community college and getting some sort of nursing degree. There are TONS of great degrees you can get, but getting an english degree at a 50k a year school is foolish.

Advertisement
Why? Because they make a lot of money? Beyond their ability to generate lots of money, what makes these individuals so intelligent?

The ability to get the job in the first place is why I think they are smart. You need to have great grades from top schools, plus you need to have killed it at high level internships and do really well in the interview process. The job literally recruits from the top schools in the nation and only takes in the absolute top level performers.

Regarding the wall street discussion:
jay-cutler-dont-care.jpg

Regarding what this thread is supposed to be about:

Anyone got any info?

I guess, if I had an English degree, that’d make sense. No, no it wouldn’t. It’d still be the same vapid, base, nonsense uttered from a clear narcissist who is in desperate need of help.

I literally lol’d at “make myself feel better.” Coming from you, that is rich.

You’re really going to try and fight up the “I’m a superior human being than you” hill? For real man, I can get you a name.

You have one of those useless degrees. Maybe not English, but one of them. Otherwise you would not have gotten this triggered. I am FAR from a narcissist.

I don't really care what you think about me. Feel free to keep pushing the. "go get any degree you want. They are all awesome and as long as you marry a rich wife you will have a great life" narrative. I will keep telling kids not to waste their money on degrees that will not be looked at as a good investment in the future.

Advertisement

universities are liberal death traps......

I see what you are referring to. You are talking about the finance guys that work as like Financial Advisors and that sort of financial piece. Those guys are basically salesmen, but those are usually the guys who major in Finance and go to like FAU, FSU, or somewhere like that. They cold call and try and get people to let an FA handle their accounts. Usually the FA will have guys who did not yet pass their Series # test to do the calls for them. Then the FA is the guy that closes the deal. However, that is not really what most of the WS guys are doing.

For example what my job consists of is basically. When companies want to sell their company we do 1 of 2 things. We purchase it at a discount. Hold it for a period of time and then flip it for a profit. We also may purchase the company make some quick fixes to the company and then flip it for a profit.

Sales doesn't really come into play. It is more about researching and seeing how much a company is worth and then negotiating a good price. Also, being able to predict how the company will do and how much you can sell it for in the future is a big piece of the puzzle.

You're always selling. You're selling the seller to sell you the company at a lower price. You're selling the buyer to buy the company at a higher price. You also sell your LPs to invest in your fund and let you manage their money. You also sell them on the 2 / 20 structure so that you can make a ton of money by house flipping, oops, I mean company flipping.

Again, mostly you’re right; I won’t disagree but it also depends on the school. I know history and English majors who got Wall Street jobs upon graduation. An ex of mine got her JD/MBA from Penn immediately after graduating (Also interned on Wall Street in college). She was an English major. It happens. But, you have me laughing over here …

Again. I agree. I even stated earlier that people who get MBAs or the like after college are excluded. In fact often time is is wise to choose a major like that because it will be easier to pump up your GPA. Penn is also A LOT better school than UM lol.

I even know some guys that graduated from MIT with engineering degrees who now work on WS. If you graduate top of your class at a top 10 school your major doesn't mean all that much. The interviewer is mainly thinking "hmm. if this guy/girl can finish top of their class at a school like this and THEN got an MBA/JD from this school with stellar grades than they are certainly the type of person I would like to have on my team. We can teach them the rest". It is kind of like recruiting a guy who runs a a crazy fast 40, elite vertical, and elite strength, but doesn't have the technique down. You still want to grab the kid because teaching them the technique is easy. The talent is not something you can teach.

You're always selling. You're selling the seller to sell you the company at a lower price. You're selling the buyer to buy the company at a higher price. You also sell your LPs to invest in your fund and let you manage their money. You also sell them on the 2 / 20 structure so that you can make a ton of money by house flipping, oops, I mean company flipping.

This is true, but I still would not say a PE guy is a salesman. Otherwise you can say that about almost any job. A lawyer is a salesman because he needs to sell himself to the client.

Advertisement
Back