Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

I am not saying if you pick this as your major you will be broke your whole life. What I am saying is that if you aren't a lock for the draft you would have to be an imbecile to pick that major. Obviously, you could be a history major and befriend someone that owns a large company and then hires you for a high paying position, but it is a very foolish decision to hope that you are going to beat the odds and get far with a degree like that.
Dude
He might have chosen the easiest major possible to stay eligible to play football. Playing college athletics and getting good grades isn’t easy. Trust me I know from first hand experience as a college baseball player. It’s tough. Either he has a passion for that major - which is totally fine or he wanted a less strenuous major to focus on football. For all we know his family has money and he doesn’t need
To maximize the opp at GT....I get what u are saying but you can’t jump to the conclusion w
Certainty...that’s all👍

Advertisement
Dude
He might have chosen the easiest major possible to stay eligible to play football. Playing college athletics and getting good grades isn’t easy. Trust me I know from first hand experience as a college baseball player. It’s tough. Either he has a passion for that major - which is totally fine or he wanted a less strenuous major to focus on football. For all we know his family has money and he doesn’t need
To maximize the opp at GT....I get what u are saying but you can’t jump to the conclusion w
Certainty...that’s all👍

Of course that is what he did. That is my whole point. I was literally saying something along the lines of "he must have been pretty confident in his abilities to go to the NFL if he chose that BS major". When you are not a lock for the NFL you should do what Braxton did. He didn't think he was going to make it to the NFL so he ended up being valedictorian at Miami. He ended up making the league, but if he gets a high paying finance job by the time he is 40 he will have a higher net worth than any NFL player of all time. Some PE guys on Wall Street make over 200 million a year.

You seem to have some comprehension issues. I am not disparaging low earners. I am saying that if you get an oppertunity and squander it, that is a fools move. If you are given a free ride to a top college and use it to get an English degree or another degree like that, than you wasted an opportunity. I am not discounting anyone. I too go a scholarship to Miami and did not pay for my tuition. I understand how it works. However, if I then went ahead and got a worthless degree than that would have been a waste of 4 years which is more important than time. No a BA isn't worthless, but getting one in history, English, communications, etc. is basically worthless. Posters are quick to mock people like Jarren or Kosi for squandering their opportunities by skipping classes, but of course a kid picking English as a major isn't squandering it. LOL.

I never saw Wall Street, but if you are trying to say the guys on Wall Street are Americas Taint you are delusional. They are the reason for America being great. If you want more teachers, electricians, nurses, plumbers, construction workers, etc. you just have some women pump out kids and unless they are mentally/physically handicapped they will be able to do the job at an adequate level. If you want innovative scientists, engineers, businessmen, doctors, etc. the genetics for that are a lot rarer and only the most elite humans can help separate America from the competing countries. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You probably think that the guys you work with would be great on Wall Street, but they aren't "Evil" enough to get the positions. In reality the people on Wall Street are the most gifted and talented group of individuals on the planet and are filled with Ivy League educated men who were willing to put in 100+ hour weeks for decades to get were they are.

Bro, ever heard of a joke? You know, where one party says something silly and the other party smiles. Hence the stupid smiley emoji. But, yeah, pretty sure we'd be fine as a nation if that whole island was swallowed by the sea ;)

"... wasted an opportunity" - unless, you go to law school, write a best selling novel, become a senator...

You have your opinions - however wrong/misguided they may be. Fine. But, where I come from, again, calling someone an imbecile is pretty disparaging. So, I'll hold your beer re: "comprehension issues"

Not gonna get into the "you don't know me" internet rap - it's so tired. But just because you went to Miami for free (or because Wall Street dipsh1t x makes a ton of money) doesn't mean your/his genetics are any rarer than... anyone's, really. Maybe some people would rather do literally anything other than work 100 hour weeks from age 24-44. Doesn't mean those people aren't "evil" enough (your words, not mine) to be rich.

Bro, ever heard of a joke? You know, where one party says something silly and the other party smiles. Hence the stupid smiley emoji. But, yeah, pretty sure we'd be fine as a nation if that whole island was swallowed by the sea ;)

"... wasted an opportunity" - unless, you go to law school, write a best selling novel, become a senator...

You have your opinions - however wrong/misguided they may be. Fine. But, where I come from, again, calling someone an imbecile is pretty disparaging. So, I'll hold your beer re: "comprehension issues"

Not gonna get into the "you don't know me" internet rap - it's so tired. But just because you went to Miami for free (or because Wall Street dipsh1t x makes a ton of money) doesn't mean your/his genetics are any rarer than... anyone's, really. Maybe some people would rather do literally anything other than work 100 hour weeks from age 24-44. Doesn't mean those people aren't "evil" enough (your words, not mine) to be rich.

If you think the USA wouldn't take a MASSIVE hit if NYC just sunk than you are delusional. I am not surprised that you would say that considering the fact that you think it is a good idea to major in one of the most useless degrees available.

Yes, if this player decides to become a lawyer than it is an OK choice, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this kid.

I never said "every single person making under 500k a year is an imbecile". I am sure many of these people were not dedicated, smart enough, or given the opportunities to land an elite job. Some may have even chose it because it is their life passion. I am not disputing that. However, when you are given a full ride to a tier 1 school and can choose any major you want and you decide to choose literature and communications you are an imbecile. Maybe imbecile is a little harsh of a word. Uninformed or naive may be a better way to put it. However, for someone to come along(like yourself) and say the kid made a solid choice is absolutely ridiculous.

It certainly does mean that. Do you realize how many people apply for these jobs and get turned down? People with straight As from great schools like Duke and Cornell still get turned down from these positions. These same people would have High Schools begging them to come teach for them. Only a very small percentage of the population is smart enough to be successful on the street. The vast majority of the country is smart enough to work in these trade or teaching jobs.

You are correct, plenty of people don't want to put in the hours. That does not mean that they are smart enough to do it. They could become accountants and work 40 hour weeks and make partner at 35 and take home 5-6 million a year while working significantly less than 40 hours a week.

The moral of the story is Wall street is the largest collection of hard working highly intelligent people on the planet. That is a straight up fact.

If you think the USA wouldn't take a MASSIVE hit if NYC just sunk than you are delusional. I am not surprised that you would say that considering the fact that you think it is a good idea to major in one of the most useless degrees available.

Yes, if this player decides to become a lawyer than it is an OK choice, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this kid.

I never said "every single person making under 500k a year is an imbecile". I am sure many of these people were not dedicated, smart enough, or given the opportunities to land an elite job. Some may have even chose it because it is their life passion. I am not disputing that. However, when you are given a full ride to a tier 1 school and can choose any major you want and you decide to choose literature and communications you are an imbecile. Maybe imbecile is a little harsh of a word. Uninformed or naive may be a better way to put it. However, for someone to come along(like yourself) and say the kid made a solid choice is absolutely ridiculous.

It certainly does mean that. Do you realize how many people apply for these jobs and get turned down? People with straight As from great schools like Duke and Cornell still get turned down from these positions. These same people would have High Schools begging them to come teach for them. Only a very small percentage of the population is smart enough to be successful on the street. The vast majority of the country is smart enough to work in these trade or teaching jobs.

You are correct, plenty of people don't want to put in the hours. That does not mean that they are smart enough to do it. They could become accountants and work 40 hour weeks and make partner at 35 and take home 5-6 million a year while working significantly less than 40 hours a week.

The moral of the story is Wall street is the largest collection of hard working highly intelligent people on the planet. That is a straight up fact.
Then why do they constantly **** up?

Advertisement
Then why do they constantly **** up?

Spoken like someone who has absolutely 0 insight into the workings of Wall Street. People mess up in every single job in the world. If you replaced the Wall Street workers with the guys from your company the **** ups would drastically increase. You really think some average Joe is going to be able to do a better job than people who have been at the top of their class from kindergarten all the way through whatever Ivy League school they went to? You think people get paid 9 figures because they are idiots and anyone could do it?

So, you still missed the whole tongue-in-cheek portion of the proceedings. I even told you it was a joke, and you still chose not to get it. You might be great "on the street," but you're terrible with language. Which is fine... but, by being that dense, you're kind of hurting the whole "street guys are genetically superior beings" take. ;)

Okay - "low earners" are not imbeciles, just lazy and/or dumb. That's practically a compliment. Just curious - What if someone is given a full ride to a tier 1 school, chooses a useless major but ends up earning +500k? (I know a few that fit) Is he/she an imbecile uniformed/naive? This kid (and any other that ultimately ends up majoring in something useless) might be independently wealthy, might want to go to law school (or get some other professional degree) or just does not agree with your "major in stem/finance/accounting or you're a waste because you'll never be a 'high earner'" opinion. Crazy, huh?

All I'm saying is that your opinion on what a useless degree is, and why that degree might be useless, is just that - an opinion. And, in my opinion, a rather misguided one at that. I'm fairly certain - given an adequate grasp of the English language coupled with certain critical thinking skills... things one obtains while earning a useless degree - if I continued this discourse I could keep moving you further and further away from your, truly imbecilic, original stance. After all, it only took 3 messages to get you to budge, but I think I'm done. For real this time.

"...does not mean they are smart enough to do it." - by that same (terribly flawed) logic, it doesn't mean they aren't "smart enough" either. There are plenty of people that "work hard and are highly intelligent" who don't work on the street. That is a straight up fact. Equally meaningless, but a fact nonetheless. If those are the only entrance requirements, I don't think your club is nearly as exclusive as you want it to be (it's just got a couple of psycho bouncers keeping most people from even walking up).

So, you still missed the whole tongue-in-cheek portion of the proceedings. I even told you it was a joke, and you still chose not to get it. You might be great "on the street," but you're terrible with language. Which is fine... but, by being that dense, you're kind of hurting the whole "street guys are genetically superior beings" take. ;)

Okay - "low earners" are not imbeciles, just lazy and/or dumb. That's practically a compliment. Just curious - What if someone is given a full ride to a tier 1 school, chooses a useless major but ends up earning +500k? (I know a few that fit) Is he/she an imbecile uniformed/naive? This kid (and any other that ultimately ends up majoring in something useless) might be independently wealthy, might want to go to law school (or get some other professional degree) or just does not agree with your "major in stem/finance/accounting or you're a waste because you'll never be a 'high earner'" opinion. Crazy, huh?

All I'm saying is that your opinion on what a useless degree is, and why that degree might be useless, is just that - an opinion. And, in my opinion, a rather misguided one at that. I'm fairly certain - given an adequate grasp of the English language coupled with certain critical thinking skills... things one obtains while earning a useless degree - if I continued this discourse I could keep moving you further and further away from your, truly imbecilic, original stance. After all, it only took 3 messages to get you to budge, but I think I'm done. For real this time.

"...does not mean they are smart enough to do it." - by that same (terribly flawed) logic, it doesn't mean they aren't "smart enough" either. There are plenty of people that "work hard and are highly intelligent" who don't work on the street. That is a straight up fact. Equally meaningless, but a fact nonetheless. If those are the only entrance requirements, I don't think your club is nearly as exclusive as you want it to be (it's just got a couple of psycho bouncers keeping most people from even walking up).

No. I got your sarcasm. I was just pointing out how flawed the logic was.

No, I never said they were lazy and or dumb. Just on average they are far dumber than the guys on the street. That doesn't make them dumb. I am dumber than Einstein, but that doesn't mean I am dumb.

I will answer that question with another question. Imagine this scenario. John is given a full ride to Harvard. Instead he turns it down because he thinks his time will be better spent sitting in the subway on a mat begging for money. By chance someone wanders by and gives him a lottery ticket. The lotto ticket ends up being a mega millions winner. This scenario worked out well for John. Does this mean John made a smart decision? Does this mean other HS students should start turning down full rides to college to beg in the subway in hopes of getting a winning lotto ticket? Just because you know a few outliers doesn't make the major any wiser a choice.

Saying "you will not end up making a good salary if you choose English as your major" is not an opinion it is a fact. If you want me to change it to "you have a .00000000000000000000001% chance of being successful if you choose English as your major" so be it. You would not change my opinion or get me further from my original stance. I only hope more people read this and take this warning when their children go to college. I would HATE to see parents waste 200k on their children to go be English or History majors.

You are correct and that is exactly what I implied. I never said wall street has the top .01% iq level people working in it. Of course there are smart people in other jobs. As stated before, doctors, scientists, engineers, inventors, entrepreneurs are also highly intelligent. However, the largest group of highly intelligent people on the planet is on wall street. That is a fact. It is a lot more exclusive than you think it is. You are beyond delusional if you think some random "hard working" middle class citizen has the brains to compete on the street. Anyone could apply for the jobs. The "psycho bouncer" exists for a reason. If some imbecile took a job on the street they could cost the company hundreds of millions in a day. There are literally hundreds of very smart individuals that apply every day for these type of jobs, but get denied. But ya of course. Some high school english teacher would be able to do it. Some guys are making 200+ million dollars a year. Do you really think if it wasn't one of the hardest jobs in the world that more people would not be trying to land these positions?

Advertisement
No. I got your sarcasm. I was just pointing out how flawed the logic was.

No, I never said they were lazy and or dumb. Just on average they are far dumber than the guys on the street. That doesn't make them dumb. I am dumber than Einstein, but that doesn't mean I am dumb.

I will answer that question with another question. Imagine this scenario. John is given a full ride to Harvard. Instead he turns it down because he thinks his time will be better spent sitting in the subway on a mat begging for money. By chance someone wanders by and gives him a lottery ticket. The lotto ticket ends up being a mega millions winner. This scenario worked out well for John. Does this mean John made a smart decision? Does this mean other HS students should start turning down full rides to college to beg in the subway in hopes of getting a winning lotto ticket? Just because you know a few outliers doesn't make the major any wiser a choice.

Saying "you will not end up making a good salary if you choose English as your major" is not an opinion it is a fact. If you want me to change it to "you have a .00000000000000000000001% chance of being successful if you choose English as your major" so be it. You would not change my opinion or get me further from my original stance. I only hope more people read this and take this warning when their children go to college. I would HATE to see parents waste 200k on their children to go be English or History majors.

You are correct and that is exactly what I implied. I never said wall street has the top .01% iq level people working in it. Of course there are smart people in other jobs. As stated before, doctors, scientists, engineers, inventors, entrepreneurs are also highly intelligent. However, the largest group of highly intelligent people on the planet is on wall street. That is a fact. It is a lot more exclusive than you think it is. You are beyond delusional if you think some random "hard working" middle class citizen has the brains to compete on the street. Anyone could apply for the jobs. The "psycho bouncer" exists for a reason. If some imbecile took a job on the street they could cost the company hundreds of millions in a day. There are literally hundreds of very smart individuals that apply every day for these type of jobs, but get denied. But ya of course. Some high school english teacher would be able to do it. Some guys are making 200+ million dollars a year. Do you really think if it wasn't one of the hardest jobs in the world that more people would not be trying to land these positions?

Why would you respond seriously to nonsense? Again, not the brightest bulb at the Home Depot.

I mean, no. Literally. No. To everything you just said. I’d put the Donald “wrong” gif, but I don’t feel like putting in the effort.

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone wants to be the “I make 9 figures, bro” guy. Again - mind blowing stuff, I know. Like I said before - be careful, metaphor coming up, not sure when you have time to go over those in between counting all those beans at school - one of those wild-eyed bouncers at the door to your club is, literally, working the entire prime of your life away. To each his own, though.

Seriously, we could debate, and I could respond, one by one, to each and every one of your abjectly stupid points, from now until 8/31, and be happy. But I won’t subject the rest of this fine readership to such dreck.

Continue riding your high “I work on the street” horse though - just know, it impresses .0000000000000000000001% of the population.

That said, and this is even more OT, have you ever seen a shrink?

Advertisement
Why would you respond seriously to nonsense? Again, not the brightest bulb at the Home Depot.

I mean, no. Literally. No. To everything you just said. I’d put the Donald “wrong” gif, but I don’t feel like putting in the effort.

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone wants to be the “I make 9 figures, bro” guy. Again - mind blowing stuff, I know. Like I said before - be careful, metaphor coming up, not sure when you have time to go over those in between counting all those beans at school - one of those wild-eyed bouncers at the door to your club is, literally, working the entire prime of your life away. To each his own, though.

Seriously, we could debate, and I could respond, one by one, to each and every one of your abjectly stupid points, from now until 8/31, and be happy. But I won’t subject the rest of this fine readership to such dreck.

Continue riding your high “I work on the street” horse though - just know, it impresses .0000000000000000000001% of the population.

That said, and this is even more OT, have you ever seen a shrink?

Because based off the rest of your rant it clearly wasn't 100% sarcasm so I felt the need to address it. I am not trying to impress anyone. I already know your type. You are the "I work hard every day, wake up at 5 in the morning and scrub toilets for 10 hours straight. Those city slickers couldn't get the bowl nearly as clean as I could get it. If I wanted to work on wall street I would be better than all of those guys, but I would rather work my menial 60k a year job because it builds character".

Yes, I would be fine with working hard for 8 years if it means being on easy street for the rest of my life. As opposed to manual labor guys who will end up with arthritis all over their body by the time they are 50. Again this has nothing to do with some people not wanting to make 9 figures. Of course some people don't want to. However, this is going to be a shock, but those people are most likely not the sharpest tools in the shed. I gauruntee I will work less hours than you do when you total up your lifes hours worked compared to mine.

If I were elected as a mod this is the type of thread I would delete immediately. This would help the board flow better instead of people fighting over who has the bigger *****. 😎

Advertisement
Because based off the rest of your rant it clearly wasn't 100% sarcasm so I felt the need to address it. I am not trying to impress anyone. I already know your type. You are the "I work hard every day, wake up at 5 in the morning and scrub toilets for 10 hours straight. Those city slickers couldn't get the bowl nearly as clean as I could get it. If I wanted to work on wall street I would be better than all of those guys, but I would rather work my menial 60k a year job because it builds character".

Yes, I would be fine with working hard for 8 years if it means being on easy street for the rest of my life. As opposed to manual labor guys who will end up with arthritis all over their body by the time they are 50. Again this has nothing to do with some people not wanting to make 9 figures. Of course some people don't want to. However, this is going to be a shock, but those people are most likely not the sharpest tools in the shed. I gauruntee I will work less hours than you do when you total up your lifes hours worked compared to mine.

Fair enough. I mean, again, completely wrong. But fine. You keep doin you.

Honest advice though. See a psychiatrist. Can only help someone in your state. Seriously.

Now go to work. It’s gonna be hard to make them millions internet-debating guys that make a living scrubbing toilets.

Fair enough. I mean, again, completely wrong. But fine. You keep doin you.

Honest advice though. See a psychiatrist. Can only help someone in your state. Seriously.

Now go to work. It’s gonna be hard to make them millions internet-debating guys that make a living scrubbing toilets.

Everything I say is complete facts. You are delusional. LMAO at you telling me to see a shrink. I think you would do well seeing a shrink. Actually go to your nearest country club and tell them about how well you would do on wall street. Maybe getting laughed off the premises would give you a nice wake up call.

If you don't like that approach go start up a poll. Asking what job requires a higher IQ. Investment banking or whatever your job is. I gauruntee IB blows your job out of the water.

While you are at it. Go start up a poll on one of the princeton Reveiw type websites and ask them what the most useless major is. Communications, History, English will all get tons of votes. I really hope you change your mind before your child gets to college age. I would hate to see a fellow cane fan end up allowing their child to waste 4 years taking a major that will not help them get a job.

Well if you guaruntee it... anyone else see the irony here?

Everything I say is complete facts. You are delusional. LMAO at you telling me to see a shrink. I think you would do well seeing a shrink. Actually go to your nearest country club and tell them about how well you would do on wall street. Maybe getting laughed off the premises would give you a nice wake up call.

If you don't like that approach go start up a poll. Asking what job requires a higher IQ. Investment banking or whatever your job is. I gauruntee IB blows your job out of the water.

While you are at it. Go start up a poll on one of the princeton Reveiw type websites and ask them what the most useless major is. Communications, History, English will all get tons of votes. I really hope you change your mind before your child gets to college age. I would hate to see a fellow cane fan end up allowing their child to waste 4 years taking a major that will not help them get a job.

Please, one day, when you have all your money, discern the difference between fact and opinion. Please.

Unfortunately, I talk to a shrink every single night. I always have to tell her I’m not a patient. I’m telling you - it’ll help. You’ve got some deep-seated issues man. It was fair for you to just pull wild assumptions out your ***, so I’ll give it a shot. You grew up in dire poverty and think that “making millions” will somehow make up for the ship you went through as a kid. It won’t. There’s better ways to come to terms with that stuff.

I actually quit my old job just so I could play more golf. LOL. Kidding. Is a nice perk though. I managed, barely, 80+ hour weeks at my firm for close to 3 years. But I’m one of the lucky ones that married a person who makes a lot more money than me, now. That should be everyone’s goal in life. ;)

Advertisement
Back