Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Total BS. Tate ran from competition. Fields ran from competition as well. Fields made Tate run from competition. LOL Funny how things work out sometimes.

Its not 1982, SonnyLong...QBs do not "compete" anymore. They go where they can start. They may wait a season or two, but once its their turn, its their turn or they will go find another place to play.

I understand this is news, but please be understanding.

Advertisement
Its not 1982, SonnyLong...QBs do not "compete" anymore. They go where they can start. They may wait a season or two, but once its their turn, its their turn or they will go find another place to play.

I understand this is news, but please be understanding.

Stop making excuses for Tate. May not be his last transfer. Let that sink in.

Advertisement
Nobody is making excuses for him you clown troll, because he hasn’t done anything where he needs an excuse.

He came to a better opportunity. That’s called smart where I’m from.

Many people, when discussing football or sports in general, rarely look at it with a lens that they'd apply to their own life, their own work.

If SonnyLong's job hires a dude for the vacant position ahead of him after he's been grinding for 2-3 years at his current position, I would wager that SonnyLong would update that resume and be in the portal known as ZipRecruiter before nightfall. He'd RUN FROM COMPETITION, too.

Newsflash. If you apply for a real job with a literature degree you won't even make it past the filtering software, much less get the job. If you wan't to work at starbucks your whole life than I highly recommend you major in something like Literature, communications, religion, etc.
Today's world the history, literature are only valuable as minors. Better have a bachelor's and master's in something else or your screwed. Library science is another waste.

I'm going to go ahead and make some assumptions but whatever. Tate Martell went to Ohio State which had an incumbent starter and redshirts his freshman year. He backs up Dwayne Haskins the year after. Justin Fields comes in, and you have to assume he's been told he'll be the starter considering why he left Georgia. But people think Martell is running from competition?? I would be ****ed too if I felt like I was about to get shelved for a guy you told will come in and start. I really think some of you have this utopian view of college sports and how things work, but i'll rant about that another day.

I'm going to go ahead and make some assumptions but whatever. Tate Martell went to Ohio State which had an incumbent starter and redshirts his freshman year. He backs up Dwayne Haskins the year after. Justin Fields comes in, and you have to assume he's been told he'll be the starter considering why he left Georgia. But people think Martell is running from competition?? I would be ****ed too if I felt like I was about to get shelved for a guy you told will come in and start. I really think some of you have this utopian view of college sports and how things work, but i'll rant about that another day.

Go take a lap

Advertisement
Can we get this thread back on track? Any evidence that we are actually pursuing this kid?

Good question. I don’t think the coaches can talk about any individual player names with respect to the transfer portal.

Of course don’t expect anything from our crack newspaper reporters, but wondering if @Stefan Adams or @DMoney have heard anything about our interest?

As an all ACC Olineman, don’t care if he’s from GT, he for sure has several schools interested big time.

Newsflash. If you apply for a real job with a literature degree you won't even make it past the filtering software, much less get the job. If you wan't to work at starbucks your whole life than I highly recommend you major in something like Literature, communications, religion, etc.
You're truly and idiot

Total BS. Tate ran from competition. Fields ran from competition as well. Fields made Tate run from competition. LOL Funny how things work out sometimes.
There's a difference between being scared of competing, and leaving when you know someone has been handed the starting position. Fields didn't go to OSU to try out for the starting QB role. Fields went to OSU because they offered him the starting position.

Advertisement
Not going to discount Donaldson moving back to RT.
The starting OL against LSU should have been St. Louis / Scaife / Gauthier / Gaynor / Donaldson
Donaldson's move back to guard was Searels' reaction to poor play by Mahoney, Boulware, Jones.
Remember: Scaife practiced at LG exclusively during spring 2018 but moved to tackle when George Brown tore his MCL the first week of camp.

Advertisement
Can we get this thread back on track? Any evidence that we are actually pursuing this kid?
Yes can the old man who has no actual understanding of how anything works in the modern era stop posting and can we get back to talking about if this stud OL can and will come to Miami . I mean I , like many , put this idiot on ignore but still people responding to his idiocy is cluttering the thread.

Donaldson is not a T period. David Lake would say that every time in his stupid *** depth chart articles and I would call his *** out and get negged for it. Ultimately I was banned from 247 for it but we all saw the T experiment first hand and it wasn’t good. Why the **** would Miami go back to it?

Donaldson looked atrocious at tackle. Scaife will make progress at tackle with another year of S&C and a real OL coach. He’ll be all ACC by the time he leaves.

Advertisement
Back