Paradise Camp

Was just curious on what others thought about extending an offer to kids that many feel is going to the highest bidder.
*not all recruits but the (Stevenson, Jobe. Campbell, etc)
Especially the ones who decommit for obvious reason$.
But I know it's "cool" to have the high profile kids at the camp.
I get where you're coming from but we still have to let the season play out. If we win but stopped recruiting him, there's a 100% chance he doesn't sign with us. If win and keep recruiting him it's a 50% chance he signs with us.

Advertisement
247: First Look: OV: CB Keshawn Lawrence, WR Dazalin Worsham
2020: RB: Cheney, Ath: Tennison, DE: Harrell, WR: B. Robinson, WR Jakhi Douglas, QB: Van Dyke, S. Francois, WR: Fleming, DT: Moise,
S. Washington, RB: Parrish, TE: Lamonica, WR: J. Williams, WR: J. Carles, DT: Neal, LB: Garcia, S. Wilson, TE: Marmmarelli, DL: Riggins,
S. Branch, LB: Mathis, OL A. Smith, CB: Hodges, Ath: Restrepo, Ath: Clarke, OL: Baker, CB: Hill, OL: Love
2021: TE Jake Briningstool, OL Laurence Seymore, WR: Romello Brinson, TE Kahlil Brantley, WR Yulkeith Brown, LB: Gaethan Bernadel
RB Amari Daniels, WR Jacolby George, LB Patrick Payton,
Why in the **** is Amari Daniels listed as a 3star? The boy is special.

Why in the **** is Amari Daniels listed as a 3star? The boy is special.
.animated_1550845477037.gif

I don't like the setup for Paradise this year. On one hand we're able to get a better showing of top recruits since no one else is having their's this early but on the other hand, the schools having their camps in July will be able to have more of a lasting effect on recruits. We're in the microwave era where kids are more receptive to what they just saw/experienced as opposed to something that happened last month.

Also, what's up with the secrecy? Kids are going to talk regardless. A private camp would make more sense if we were UF, who has their camp the same day as their first practice. I'm all for innovation and trying something new but the top schools have had open camps for years. If it ain't broke dont fix it.
Actually its even more of a challenge to get kids to come this weekend because a lot of OOS schools are allowing kids to take OVs to them this weekend. As 247 reported its been tough to get kids to com to Paradise when other schools are giving them the opportunity to go to their campus for an OV for free.

Actually its even more of a challenge to get kids to come this weekend because a lot of OOS schools are allowing kids to take OVs to them this weekend. As 247 reported its been tough to get kids to com to Paradise when other schools are giving them the opportunity to go to their campus for an OV for free.
I literally just read that. Was looking through the list and thought "This seems light" then found out why :snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
I don't like the setup for Paradise this year. On one hand we're able to get a better showing of top recruits since no one else is having their's this early but on the other hand, the schools having their camps in July will be able to have more of a lasting effect on recruits. We're in the microwave era where kids are more receptive to what they just saw/experienced as opposed to something that happened last month.

Also, what's up with the secrecy? Kids are going to talk regardless. A private camp would make more sense if we were UF, who has their camp the same day as their first practice. I'm all for innovation and trying something new but the top schools have had open camps for years. If it ain't broke dont fix it.

I am not sure the date of the camp has that much of an impact in terms of recency. I agree with you in wanting to be the last OV before signing day/commitment date. But usually camps are expected to produce a commitment or 2, even if it is an underclassman commitment that weekend. Having a camp, then a whole season to play/recruit, I am not sure has the same impact on "who's camp was most recent"

The secrecy aspect also confuses me. The only logical explanation I have is Manny perhaps trying to make the camp an "exclusive" keep a lot of outsiders out, just have our alumni and the select recruits we want. Kind of like getting into an A-list party/club in Miami. There really is no hype or advertising, those in the know know, and after the camp/party we get to see pics/comments etc. You are right, kids will talk, and maybe thats the strategy, kids will now want to get the personal/specific paradise invite based on word of mouth aside from just a general press release/twitter bump.

Advertisement
247: First Look: OV: CB Keshawn Lawrence, WR Dazalin Worsham
2020: RB: Cheney, Ath: Tennison, DE: Harrell, WR: B. Robinson, WR Jakhi Douglas, QB: Van Dyke, S. Francois, WR: Fleming, DT: Moise,
S. Washington, RB: Parrish, TE: Lamonica, WR: J. Williams, WR: J. Carles, DT: Neal, LB: Garcia, S. Wilson, TE: Marmmarelli, DL: Riggins,
S. Branch, LB: Mathis, OL A. Smith, CB: Hodges, Ath: Restrepo, Ath: Clarke, OL: Baker, CB: Hill, OL: Love
2021: TE Jake Briningstool, OL Laurence Seymore, WR: Romello Brinson, TE Kahlil Brantley, WR Yulkeith Brown, LB: Gaethan Bernadel
RB Amari Daniels, WR Jacolby George, LB Patrick Payton,
That is a really strong list to start. Hopefully we add some more offensive and defensive lineman. Love that we will have Cheney and Van Dyke there to recruit for us. Key names not listed here that I hope stop by: Harris, Washington, Walker, Knighton, Redding, and some big OOS guys.

Was just curious on what others thought about extending an offer to kids that many feel is going to the highest bidder.
*not all recruits but the (Stevenson, Jobe. Campbell, etc)
Especially the ones who decommit for obvious reason$.
But I know it's "cool" to have the high profile kids at the camp.

It’s a good and fair question. Unless someone actually has the inside scoop (I think that guy got banned btw) we don’t know the details of their interactions. Who knows? Maybe he said he no longer has interest. Maybe he will badmouth is to others. Maybe he still thinks highly of us but wanted to take a step back.

We can all speculate —part of the fun of being fans on a message board — but whatever the staff decides when considering the pros and cons I’m sure there will be good reasons for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No. He’s not coming here. Idc about “recruit till the ink dries.” He reclassified and isn’t coming. Move on. Make a point out of not allowing him anywhere on campus. Stop letting kids disrespect the program and still being allowed around

The ink is long dry on the stacks of Benjamins he received to decommit, and the additional stacks awaiting him. That's the only ink that matters in his recruitment. Anyone saying otherwise either has their head in the sand or is trying to generate site traffic.

It’s a good and fair question. Unless someone actually has the inside scoop (I think that guy got banned btw) we don’t know the details of their interactions. Who knows? Maybe he said he no longer has interest. Maybe he will badmouth is to others. Maybe he still thinks highly of us but wanted to take a step back.

We can all speculate —part of the fun of being fans on a message board — but whatever the staff decides when considering the pros and cons I’m sure there will be good reasons for it.
He badmouthed Miami in his decommitment tweet, wether you think it is a fair statement or not he directly implied he won't be coming here because he won't be able to play for a title and won't be a high draft pick if he does, despite being all Miami.

I understand continuing to recruit, and think in this case we still should due to the talent level. But the kid **** on us on his way out, so I totally understand the sentiment of not allowing that to be acceptable by not allowing him back also. Interested to see how the staff handles him.

Advertisement
Back