Paradise Camp

Cane4life18

Senior
I was reading Ivin's write up on today's 7 on 7 camp and while talking about lineman he mentioned that a couple were invited to next week's Paradise camp.

Was a date released? And if so, is it open to the public like years past?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it me or has there been almost no hype for Paradise this year? Haven't seen anything on twitter or the boards or anything really.
Thought the same. The marketing behind it hasn't been there. Maybe they start building up the hype this week. We'll see who shows up though.

Thought the same. The marketing behind it hasn't been there. Maybe they start building up the hype this week. We'll see who shows up though.
My guess is the coaches have been working the back channels hard with recruits. Just because they aren't announcing coaches on twitter doesn't mean they aren't working to get kids hyped up behind the scenes. My guess is Manny has everything in place and will start to give out some info this week to hype it up.

I’m assuming Manny has something special planned. If it isn’t open to the public or by invitation only then I would imagine it will be very hands on and more interaction with recruits and former players. I would want to make it an exclusive event.
Plenty of camps on campus already that are open to the public. Why should we have the same copy and paste camp that all the other schools have.
It’s cool to see active and formal nfl players. But if they’re just around the camp walking around and giving a speech then idk if it’s the same as getting a group of linebackers getting coached by Beason and Vilma for example
But that’s just me.

We need a list of players that are gonna be there

Any local player that is not there, should be assumed not to have serious interest. Only exceptions are obvious, health, family etc. Saying that they wanted to check out another program because they already know the U is not acceptable and means they have been told by their street agent that to up the bag, gotta make Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU etc. think that the U is all over them. I think Diaz gets that and will act accordingly.

Advertisement
Also, you want the camp to feature the best of the best from all over the country. It is intended to be the premier recruiting camp in the country. So, you gotta invite any prospect that is perceived to be signable/flippable to camp and maybe even some of the committed elites who aren't publicly recruiting for their current team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you were the coach, would you invite Donnell Harris to Paradise Camp?
Screenshot_2019-05-09-13-36-41(1).png

What type of question is this? Uh, yes you invite him. Nothing is official until he signs an LOI.

View attachment 87707

What type of question is this? Uh, yes you invite him. Nothing is official until he signs an LOI.
Was just curious on what others thought about extending an offer to kids that many feel is going to the highest bidder.
*not all recruits but the (Stevenson, Jobe. Campbell, etc)
Especially the ones who decommit for obvious reason$.
But I know it's "cool" to have the high profile kids at the camp.

247: First Look: OV: CB Keshawn Lawrence, WR Dazalin Worsham
2020: RB: Cheney, Ath: Tennison, DE: Harrell, WR: B. Robinson, WR Jakhi Douglas, QB: Van Dyke, S. Francois, WR: Fleming, DT: Moise,
S. Washington, RB: Parrish, TE: Lamonica, WR: J. Williams, WR: J. Carles, DT: Neal, LB: Garcia, S. Wilson, TE: Marmmarelli, DL: Riggins,
S. Branch, LB: Mathis, OL A. Smith, CB: Hodges, Ath: Restrepo, Ath: Clarke, OL: Baker, CB: Hill, OL: Love
2021: TE Jake Briningstool, OL Laurence Seymore, WR: Romello Brinson, TE Kahlil Brantley, WR Yulkeith Brown, LB: Gaethan Bernadel
RB Amari Daniels, WR Jacolby George, LB Patrick Payton,

I don't like the setup for Paradise this year. On one hand we're able to get a better showing of top recruits since no one else is having their's this early but on the other hand, the schools having their camps in July will be able to have more of a lasting effect on recruits. We're in the microwave era where kids are more receptive to what they just saw/experienced as opposed to something that happened last month.

Also, what's up with the secrecy? Kids are going to talk regardless. A private camp would make more sense if we were UF, who has their camp the same day as their first practice. I'm all for innovation and trying something new but the top schools have had open camps for years. If it ain't broke dont fix it.

Advertisement
Back