Paradise Camp 6/26/21 updates.

Advertisement
I’ve seen this sentiment here from a few porsters. When Miami signs and develops a player, especially an under the radar guy like Rousseau, it’s luck and he was just a freak of nature. When they take a guy who had literally quit playing football and turn him into a first round pick it’s because “he was the top high school player”. Yeah, no ****. And before he transferred to Miami he was on the fast track to not being a professional football player.
Exactly. Was Phillips rated a first round draft pick when he transferred here? What was his draft projection right before last season started?

So according to that logic if James Williams and Taylor eventually get drafted in the first round Manny and his staff don’t deserve credit since they were five stars.

Then Nick Saban aint sh*t either because all that dude does is get five stars and then basically without any assistance from him or his staff they magically get drafted in the first round 3 or 4 years later.

There are plenty of undrafted five stars or five stars that never pan out in college.

Some people look for any reason not to give Manny credit. Look I’m critical of him but you got to give him credit for the two first round DEs.

Totally fair to criticize Manny for the LB position, however.

I’m not underselling anything.

You are underselling Miami’s development of him.

He came in underweight, underdeveloped, and basically depressed with injuries and not knowing if he was ever going to play the game again. Does that sound like a number one to you?

Clowns like you are overly focused on trying to shlt on Miami. It’s exactly what you’re doing and there is no question. Just cut it the fūck out.

You lost this round, go sit in the corner and have your cornerman work on you.

In the meantime, send in the clowns…

View attachment 148536

One again your character on full display. To be clear, I did say credit the U, but that the player was deserving of more credit. You sir are the definitive ***-clown.

Bruh what? Your brain is hurting because you're thinking too hard. Rousseau was a freak of nature and Jaelan was the #1 player in the country. We need better development on both sides of the ball. I don't understand how me saying that is an issue.
You know more than the actual player? Why not give Jaelan’s own words the weight it deserves? He stated himself that it was Manny and the UM program that resurrected his career. He said if it wasn’t for them he would’ve never been a first rounder.

Your evidence of poor development is that he was the #1 high school player?

If that’s poor player development, what say you about Bama who probably has gotten a five star player at every position on offense & defense within the last three years?

Advertisement
1624645627867.png

Advertisement
WILL EVERYBODY PLEASE STOP HIJACKING THIS THREAD????

You are right. This thread should not be hijacked.

Yet we see a clown parade highlighting their attempts to diminish Miami’s recent developments, taking this thread and using it as an opportunity to shlt on Miami, in the very thread where the focus should be on Paradise invitees, especially those that can sell the program based on the recent successes in getting developed and drafted.

There’s your real hijacking and those porsts should not go unchallenged.

You are right. This thread should not be hijacked.

Yet we see a clown parade highlighting their attempts to diminish Miami’s recent developments, taking this thread and using it as an opportunity to shlt on Miami, in the very thread where the focus should be on Paradise invitees, especially those that can sell the program based on the recent successes in getting developed and drafted.

There’s your real hijacking and those porsts should not go unchallenged.
I agree, it was just getting a little out of hand. It seems to have stopped, though.

Advertisement
Would love for these guys to show up in their gold jackets. Just incredible that we can get multiple hof on campus for a high school football event. It’s a cane thing

I hear ya and I like the way you're thinking but my guess is that the big name NFL alums wont need to wear gear to be recognized. When a kid chats with an Ed Reed or other, they will either look them up on their phone or talk to their HS coach about it and/or most likely post a pic on social media where the comments section will square everyone away.

But to your core point, the show of strength this weekend will rival that of a great military parade from the cold war era. lol

Ed Reed posts on IG like 3X’s a day. Nothing really UM related. He was brought here to help change the culture. We are at a tipping point and he is nowhere to be found. It makes no sense.
Agreed but I also think he's more around in season.

Advertisement
Ed Reed posts on IG like 3X’s a day. Nothing really UM related. He was brought here to help change the culture. We are at a tipping point and he is nowhere to be found. It makes no sense.
He was a PR stunt by manny to get people to s stop talking about how bad he was year 1. Would i like to have Ed around some of these top safety targets? Yes, but if we need him around to help change the culture we have bigger problems.

Let’s be real here as far as OU goes. Lamb sucked as a rookie. Hurts hasn’t done anything. Murray hasn’t done anything. Hollywood has been mediocre. So comparing those guys to Calais Campbell and Michael Irvin is a joke. I don’t care what age you are. They see Irvin on TV and Campbell has been playing since they were in diapers. Then they get to meet Ed Reed and you know some others will show. UM $hits bigger than OU.

He was a PR stunt by manny to get people to s stop talking about how bad he was year 1. Would i like to have Ed around some of these top safety targets? Yes, but if we need him around to help change the culture we have bigger problems.
He was a compromise because they were going to make Highsmith chief of staff/GM type overseen the whole football program and Manny freaked out and masterfully came up with the Reed idea to keep the heat off.

Advertisement
Back