Paradise Camp 6/26/21 updates.

That’s a WILD list of players! Honestly I’m shocked Joaquin was invited after his comments last season lolol
I honestly believe Joaquin just wants the team to win and is willing to do his part. Just a lot of his public comments come off as “back in my day” old man ranting. He hates the indoor facility because practicing in the heat makes you tougher but 25 years ago, the NCAA didn’t make you end practice if there was a lightning strike within 20 miles of the campus. The sheer amount of practice time lost due to weather more than offsets any gain from only practicing outside. (Which they still do when weather permits). He also believes that banning social media would in some way make the team better. It’s 2021 and nobody is doing that. Even the most hard *** coaches don’t do that anymore. Randy tried it years ago and it didn’t make a difference

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly believe Joaquin just wants the team to win and is willing to do his part. Just a lot of his public comments come off as “back in my day” old man ranting. He hates the indoor facility because practicing in the heat makes you tougher but 25 years ago, the NCAA didn’t make you end practice if there was a lightning strike within 20 miles of the campus. The sheer amount of practice time lost due to weather more than offsets any gain from only practicing outside. (Which they still do when weather permits). He also believes that banning social media would in some way make the team better. It’s 2021 and nobody is doing that. Even the most yardage coaches don’t do that anymore. Randy tried it years ago and it didn’t make a difference
I agree. I have no issue seeing a former excellent player criticizing something like coaching, scheme, and execution. It just shows how bad they want us to return to excellence. Guys like little commenting on something he knows NOTHING about is what ****es me off about some of our alumni

Not sure if the alumni attendee list has been posted:

RB - Deejay Dallas Najeh Davenport, Travis Homer, Quadtrine Hill, Edgerrin James and Lamar Miller

TE - Jeremy Shockey and David Njoku

WR - Michael Irvin, Travis Benjamin, KJ Osborne, Herb Waters, Reggie Wayne, Lamar Thomas

OL - Joaquin Gonzalez, Brett Romberg

DL - Calais Campbell, Allen Bailey, Greg Rousseau, Trent Harris, Warren Sapp, Daniel Stubbs, Jaelan Phillips

LB - Jon Beason, Sean Spence

Safety - Sheldrick Redwine

Cornerback - Corn Elder, Antrel Rolle, Duane Starks, Deon Bush, Adrian Colbert

Kicker - Jose Borregales
That’s a great mix at DL. ****!!! What’s up with Safety? ****!!! No Ed Reed?

Advertisement

RB - Deejay Dallas Najeh Davenport, Travis Homer, Quadtrine Hill, Edgerrin James and Lamar Miller

WR - Michael Irvin, Travis Benjamin, KJ Osborne, Herb Waters, Reggie Wayne, Lamar Thomas

DL - Calais Campbell, Allen Bailey, Greg Rousseau, Trent Harris, Warren Sapp, Daniel Stubbs, Jaelan Phillips

Kicker - Jose Borregales
I love the mix of more recent Canes & legends

Bruh what? Your brain is hurting because you're thinking too hard. Rousseau was a freak of nature and Jaelan was the #1 player in the country. We need better development on both sides of the ball. I don't understand how me saying that is an issue.
Knew this was coming. So when Manny brings players in and develops them excuses are made as to why they are good. Manny gets no credit.

OK

Facepalm
I’ve seen this sentiment here from a few porsters. When Miami signs and develops a player, especially an under the radar guy like Rousseau, it’s luck and he was just a freak of nature. When they take a guy who had literally quit playing football and turn him into a first round pick it’s because “he was the top high school player”. Yeah, no ****. And before he transferred to Miami he was on the fast track to not being a professional football player.

So guys we put in the league don’t count?

You've got to really twist into a pretzel and pervert facts to try and make Miami look bad for guys they put in the NFL.

For example, Jaelan had quit football and was going nowhere before coming to Miami, transforming his body and his game, and coming out the other side as a high number 1 pick.

If that’s not development, you must have a toxic shock brain injury from inhaling massive quantities of male effluence.

Hey I hear all the Irvin's too old talk but I'll add this. Those kids never saw Mike during his playing days, but I'm willing to bet that they respect accolades. Some of em might not even recognize Mike by face, but I bet you dollars to donuts that after they finish rattling off his accomplishments, he'll have their full attention. Don't let him come out to hot *** Greentree in that Gold Jacket, talking that run through a brick wall ****...
Mike is a preacher. When he talks they'll listen.......

Advertisement

Kicker - Jose Borregales
This program is and always will be a family and I absolutely love it

I honestly believe Joaquin just wants the team to win and is willing to do his part. Just a lot of his public comments come off as “back in my day” old man ranting. He hates the indoor facility because practicing in the heat makes you tougher but 25 years ago, the NCAA didn’t make you end practice if there was a lightning strike within 20 miles of the campus. The sheer amount of practice time lost due to weather more than offsets any gain from only practicing outside. (Which they still do when weather permits). He also believes that banning social media would in some way make the team better. It’s 2021 and nobody is doing that. Even the most hard *** coaches don’t do that anymore. Randy tried it years ago and it didn’t make a difference
Im of thr mindset that you don't bring your feelings on social media when it's more productive to just use the phone snd not cause controversy. I just turned 30 so I'm from this era where everything is out on Twitter and IG but I never agree with that ig just feels like attention seeking even though I dont think Joaquin meant to do that but because he does it people have to ask where his loyalty is and it's sad

Advertisement
They're coming down looking for an offer, but are they willing to shut it down and commit if they get it?

Not if they any of them get a commitable $EC offer later. They have been $hopping oh sorry I meant touring the $EC camps circuit. Washington was committed to LSU for a few months back in the fall of 2020 but was dropped for some reason. I am thinking it may not be grades because in Louisiana they get any instate recruit into school. I am thinking it maybe a reevaluation that got him down graded on their board.

Go Canes

So guys we put in the league don’t count?

You've got to really twist into a pretzel and pervert facts to try and make Miami look bad for guys they put in the NFL.

For example, Jaelan had quit football and was going nowhere before coming to Miami, transforming his body and his game, and coming out the other side as a high number 1 pick.

If that’s not development, you must have a toxic shock brain injury from inhaling massive quantities of male effluence.
I'm saying man.

Look anyone with a pulse knows we have been doing less with more but you have to accept the W's when they happen. Just mind boggling levels of moronic commentary at times from this fanbase.

Advertisement
I’ve seen this sentiment here from a few porsters. When Miami signs and develops a player, especially an under the radar guy like Rousseau, it’s luck and he was just a freak of nature. When they take a guy who had literally quit playing football and turn him into a first round pick it’s because “he was the top high school player”. Yeah, no ****. And before he transferred to Miami he was on the fast track to not being a professional football player.
Facts!!! It’s crazy, right?

Advertisement
Back