Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

I guess Pete got it wrong. He earned a pass since he is mostly right. However, last time I doubted him we got "listen to your boy," and the commitment so... this could be a little different though. I think we are the only major program that can't get 5 star recruits in our own backyard to take visits or show interest in us. Very odd.

What? Did you think before posting this or do you just hit enter after every thought that comes into your mind, no matter how dumb?

Advertisement
When the offer went out to Nigel Bethel at CB, that sent the biggest message to me that Campbell wasn't a lean.

Between Blades, Ivey, Frierson, and maybe Bethel, that's a pretty **** good CB haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And maybe....just maybe this crowded CB field has something to do with his lack of interest to go to Miami?

Campbell ain't coming here and the world isn't ending. Next

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Seems like people are finally starting to see the things I've been getting called a troll for. If Campbell doesn't come to Paradise Camp then, he really has no other reason to come to campus at all. As Tweed has said, the kid has shown ZERO interest in Miami, and he's saying this after Lingard spent several days in close proximity to him.

Not saying it is going to happen, but perhaps it is just a diversion for a big splash signing. All signs point elsewhere and is sign with Miami on signing day. No matter what we are in it with his relationship with Rumph.

I think that's wishful thinking.

That's what I was gonna say lol

Advertisement
Clemson's 247 site reporting Tyson Campbell will be visiting there for their big recruiting event, which is the same weekend as Paradise Camp.

Priority defensive back target Tyson Campbell will visit Clemson in the near future.

Damnit mane,everyone is having their big recruiting event that day too
Miami
Bama
Clemson
Fsu
Osu
Uf

I expect it's mostly an accident of the calendar. But there's probably some strategic timing involved, too, to make this a forcing function. Coaches are taking stock in who is really leaning towards their program vs. the others, and who is just telling them what they want to hear until forced to make a choice..

I never understood why people think that HS coaches have some huge influence over where kids go to school at.

And I've never understood why Miami can have the two best CB prospects in the country less than an hour away from campus but can't even get either to visit for Paradise Camp

How is it any different than any kid that lives by another big school around the country and they have zero interest in that school?

Some kids just don't want to be at the school that is closest to their home.

Why is this so hard to understand! We probably have the dumbest fan base in the acc. You shoot your shot, what else can you do force him to play here!

Advertisement
Why is Surtain's recruitment any different than Campbell's?

It seems no one even cares that he's not considering the Canes. Rumph was his coach as well.

Sounds like Tweed and company are not satisfied with the job Rumph has done recruiting.

I'm not going to let one recruit not coming deter me from the beastly list that will conclude at Paradise camp. He will visit eventually and that's when the staff has to reel him in. If they can't then it is definitely a blow, but not one we cannot recover from with our current DB commits. His loss though if he doesn't want to meet some of the greatest players to ever do it. I do however feel sorry for rattler because I'm sure he would have gladly taken Campbell to paradise and enjoyed his time there.

When the offer went out to Nigel Bethel at CB, that sent the biggest message to me that Campbell wasn't a lean.

Between Blades, Ivey, Frierson, and maybe Bethel, that's a pretty **** good CB haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And maybe....just maybe this crowded CB field has something to do with his lack of interest to go to Miami?

Please! Did you see the DB class OSU had last year? Three 5 stars and three 4 stars!. As much as I like our guys, they have a more loaded depth chart than we do. If Campbell is leery of crowded depth charts, he wouldn't be considering OSU (or us).

Advertisement
somehow the one we DON'T have is who we talk about most.

we keep our DBs as is and I'm not worried.

Why is Surtain's recruitment any different than Campbell's?

It seems no one even cares that he's not considering the Canes. Rumph was his coach as well.

Sounds like Tweed and company are not satisfied with the job Rumph has done recruiting.

How do you get that Tweed is dissatisfied with Rumph, from his post?
All I saw was simply a comparison between 2 recruits, and how different we react to the two situations.
No matter how good/bad, a recruiter/coach is..the final say lies with the student,.. Not the coaches, nor us fans! Getting all butthurt about someone else's decision, is really pointless, especially when we already have the makings of one of the best classes in the last decade or so.

This is the same thing we heard about Mark Pope then the focus went to Blades, and now it's about Tyson Campbell. He will be a cane just like Pope and Blades. These trolls/snowflakes stay stirring things up. JcComb or whatever his name stirred drama with Jobe bc scout reported he would take visits. Smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back