Paradise Camp 2017 (July 21-22)

Advertisement
Rumors starting to swirl that Campbell might come to Miami tonight...

This is from Anna Hickey on the Clemson board:

"Five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell made the trip with his mother as expected. He took in Georgia on Thursday. There's some buzz he's expected at Miami this evening for the upperclassmen Paradise Camp, but nothing has been confirmed on that end"

I believe that is the big time visitor [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] was referring to on twitter, could be wrong tho

Geo doin his vague **** again?

LOL yup, I was hoping he replied to give us some confirmation

This one was worse. LMAO

[TWEET]888576474562928641[/TWEET]

Tweed, who is this? There was a younger kid who did a cannonball type move that was hilarious also cause he leaned forward too much. Seems like everyone was having a blast.

That was the kid from Ocala Vanguard.

I don't care who he is. Sign him up. It takes a serious set of brass balls to try that. hehe

That's the new assistant...Mike Harris. He's the one flipping.

This one was worse. LMAO

Tweed, who is this? There was a younger kid who did a cannonball type move that was hilarious also cause he leaned forward too much. Seems like everyone was having a blast.

I don't care who he is. Sign him up. It takes a serious set of brass balls to try that. hehe

No shet. I've been up there. 33.3' looks like 133' above the water when you're on that platform.
With the help of 5 or 6 16 oz. draughts at the Rat, I could only muster a girly jump.
This guy doing a free-fall, 1 1/2 back-flip is crazy.

Advertisement
This one was worse. LMAO

No shet. I've been up there. 33.3' looks like 133' above the water when you're on that platform.
With the help of 5 or 6 16 oz. draughts at the Rat, I could only muster a girly jump.
This guy doing a free-fall, 1 1/2 back-flip is crazy.

I have gone off a high dive a few times when I was a kid but never did anything more than jump straight down. No doubt, it looks waaaaay higher when you are up there. I would be up there flipping and stuff.

“What we’re all hoping for is a winning season. And when I say winning, I mean one loss at most. We’re headed in the right direction.”

-Bryant McKinnie

That's that **** I'm talking about. Love to hear that kind of talk by McKinnie.

Jeremy Shockey and other UM Hurricane greats savor Paradise Camp | Miami Herald

Sounds like the former players are just as excited about this event as the fans!! This event is not only for the recruits, I see it as a time the former Canes get come together and reunite and hang out as well and that's the vibe CMR has brought back to Miami.. I know a lot of ppl get caught up in the hype of the event and want all the top recruits here to visit and see all the former stars that pass through The U on their journey to stardom in the NFL.. I just want the real Miami recruits here for this event, of course CMR will send out invitations to many top recruits BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I only want the true Cane recruits here for this event, if a recruit knows he isn't interested in Miami I don't think he should come (regardless if he's from SoFla or not), because at the end of the day we want our true recruits to get that time to bond and get to know the meaning of what it is to be a Miami Hurricane, SO why have recruits there just to take pics and get autographs and once they leave just got a free trip to stars..

This Paradise Camp is for Miami Hurricanes!! Now of course their are a bunch of recruits out there that are really interested and really have Miami in their minds as a school they could go to and I don't have a problem with those recruits coming out to The Camp to get the experience and see what Miami is all about, BUT I really don't want to see recruits here if the staff knows they aren't coming.. And I think that's why CMR didn't send invites to every top recruit in the country BECAUSE he knows all those recruits aren't really interested in Miami like that, I read on here earlier where someone said "why Miami didn't send invites to more top recruits" BECAUSE this is a U thang!! **Tell them recruits to tell Saban, Meyer, Jimbo, Dabo and others to put on this type of camp for their school, and get all their former players out their to keep them company, "

Screenshot_20170722-124859.jpg

Advertisement
“What we’re all hoping for is a winning season. And when I say winning, I mean one loss at most. We’re headed in the right direction.”

-Bryant McKinnie

That's that **** I'm talking about. Love to hear that kind of talk by McKinnie.

Jeremy Shockey and other UM Hurricane greats savor Paradise Camp | Miami Herald

Sounds like the former players are just as excited about this event as the fans!! This event is not only for the recruits, I see it as a time the former Canes get come together and reunite and hang out as well and that's the vibe CMR has brought back to Miami.. I know a lot of ppl get caught up in the hype of the event and want all the top recruits here to visit and see all the former stars that pass through The U on their journey to stardom in the NFL.. I just want the real Miami recruits here for this event, of course CMR will send out invitations to many top recruits BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I only want the true Cane recruits here for this event, if a recruit knows he isn't interested in Miami I don't think he should come (regardless if he's from SoFla or not), because at the end of the day we want our true recruits to get that time to bond and get to know the meaning of what it is to be a Miami Hurricane, SO why have recruits there just to take pics and get autographs and once they leave just got a free trip to stars..

This Paradise Camp is for Miami Hurricanes!! Now of course their are a bunch of recruits out there that are really interested and really have Miami in their minds as a school they could go to and I don't have a problem with those recruits coming out to The Camp to get the experience and see what Miami is all about, BUT I really don't want to see recruits here if the staff knows they aren't coming.. And I think that's why CMR didn't send invites to every top recruit in the country BECAUSE he knows all those recruits aren't really interested in Miami like that, I read on here earlier where someone said "why Miami didn't send invites to more top recruits" BECAUSE this is a U thang!! **Tell them recruits to tell Saban, Meyer, Jimbo, Dabo and others to put on this type of camp for their school, and get all their former players out their to keep them company, "

Cane family bonding, this couped with Richts community out reach for youngsters and and big winning season, IMO formula for success

This one was worse. LMAO

That had to hurt.

I don't know how many of you have tried this before. But I have, and landed on my back, and I'm not going to lie, it was the worst pain I've ever felt, and I've had injuries, broken ribs, shoulder seperation, MCL, nothing hurt worse than landing on my back. And it completely knocks the breath out of you.

Rumors starting to swirl that Campbell might come to Miami tonight...

This is from Anna Hickey on the Clemson board:

"Five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell made the trip with his mother as expected. He took in Georgia on Thursday. There's some buzz he's expected at Miami this evening for the upperclassmen Paradise Camp, but nothing has been confirmed on that end"

I believe that is the big time visitor [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] was referring to on twitter, could be wrong tho

Geo doin his vague **** again?

LOL yup, I was hoping he replied to give us some confirmation

Show me where, cause I haven't posted anything.

Advertisement
This one was worse. LMAO

That's the new assistant...Mike Harris. He's the one flipping.

There was a platform at the Argos pool at USF. Not as high but still took balls to consider jumping. They tore it down years later because I'm sure some ***** tried to sue after a belly flop.

Advertisement
This one was worse. LMAO

That had to hurt.

I don't know how many of you have tried this before. But I have, and landed on my back, and I'm not going to lie, it was the worst pain I've ever felt, and I've had injuries, broken ribs, shoulder seperation, MCL, nothing hurt worse than landing on my back. And it completely knocks the breath out of you.

Lulz. I spent many hours diving off that platform when I dived for Miami back in the 60's. First time off takes a lot of nerve cause it sure seems higher looking down than looking up. You hit the water at just under 30mph and if you hit flat it'll sure knock the breath out of you. But the worst way to hit is feet first leaning forward. You get your balls for a bow tie.

Not sure the kid doing that back 1-1/2 meant to. Looked more like he was trying to do a back flip and just rotated too hard. If that is the case the kid's a real athlete to make that adjustment midair and not hurt himself. Regardless I've got nothing but respect for his courage to even try that. No fear.

Advertisement
Back