Papa Shaq

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Looks like your kid is the sole leader of our LB corps. **** of a challenge/opportunity.

Btw, any read on the mood of the team? Even remotely anticipated?

Advertisement
Interested in Papa Shaq's candid take on today's news. This does deserve its own thread. Whether you like it or not, the expectations for Shaq were already high and now he is going to be asked more on the field and in the locker.

Last edited:
We got a stellar lb class. Looks like they will be all getting some major burn immediately. Can you imagine 3 true freshman linebackers!?

Thank God they early enrolled and they are all seemingly the real deal. I'm excited for those three to excel the next few years and anchor our d

I fee like the young man had already demanded respect from the defense and is up to the challenge. He's not the typical freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fans just have to realize these LBs are freshmen and there will be growing pains.

Advertisement
Jamie Gordinier will get major time as well. Our LBs might make some mistakes, but I believe by the end of the year we will see a very,very good group of LBs.

Fans just have to realize these LBs are freshmen and there will be growing pains.

If I dealt with the " yards don't matter " squad , I can handle this.

I mean this news came out of the blue. No idea this was coming or that our quality depth was questionable. Was too busy pounding my chest that we were back and that we have the best QB, TE and WR in the land.

Looks like your kid is the sole leader of our LB corps. **** of a challenge/opportunity.

A good friend of mine in the army... Jumped into Panama looking for Noriega ... his squad leader trained them for weeks in preparation...well while coming down in their parachutes over the Panamanian airport his squad leader was shot and killed... when they landed... he was squad leader... he knew that his sudden push into the leadership role was not an excuse for him to fail his squad...Of course not on the same levels... but Shaq is kinda in the same situation. Where circumstances has just made him a leader and he has to step up.

But of course the tone is gloom .. the are all sadden by their lost...

Advertisement

A good friend of mine in the army... Jumped into Panama looking for Noriega ... his squad leader trained them for weeks in preparation...well while coming down in their parachutes over the Panamanian airport his squad leader was shot and killed... when they landed... he was squad leader... he knew that his sudden push into the leadership role was not an excuse for him to fail his squad...Of course not on the same levels... but Shaq is kinda in the same situation. Where circumstances has just made him a leader and he has to step up.

Zack and Mike will have to step up too. they have talent. i think a sleeper in this is charles perry. if he can get it to click, he can help.

Mother ****** you just brought a tear to my eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest that the team view this with rage. Three teammates made selfish decisions. They told the rest of the team, we do not have your back, we do what we want. The men left standing should take it out on their opponents. Sure there will be mistakes, but I will support the guys who sacrificed for OUR team. I want a Shaq jersey!!!

Me being in the Army always remember its next man up, your squad leader goes down and you are the next in line to lead your troops, you have to always be ready and prepare yourself at all times.....

Advertisement

Your kid reminds me of Kaaya. The man the minute he stepped on campus. I have every confidence he will shine. Miami D was always strong up the middle, intimidating and bringing pain fear; the edges filled and contained. We are going back to that defense and will win or lose on our DTs, MLB, and safeties. It has always been thus. Grace, who I love, or no Grace, you boy will set the tone. I think the tone will be thunder.

**** good story and **** good analogy.

this is a short term loss with a long term benefit. not unlike kaaya starting at louisville (although different circumstances).

Me being in the Army always remember its next man up, your squad leader goes down and you are the next in line to lead your troops, you have to always be ready and prepare yourself at all times.....
Thats why we have the greatest military in the world.. our philosophy is the next man up even if he is a private...other country have to follow the leader appointed and when he falls they have no directions...UM has ti be like our military...next man step up ...and reload with new recruits that can be worthy of being the next man up.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Thats why we have the greatest military in the world.. our philosophy is the next man up even if he is a private...other country have to follow the leader appointed and when he falls they have no directions...UM has ti be like our military...next man step up ...and reload with new recruits that can be worthy of being the next man up.

on the bright side, the future of UM football is Shaq, Zach, Pickney, Malek young, AR, Sam, Dionte, joe jackson, etc. so im sure the staff is fine with these kids gettign a ton of reps and they just add depth in nexts years recruiting class. i have gotten the feeling this staff hasnt been blown away by most of the returning players

Are you saying they should do some parachute training?

Are you saying they should do some parachute training?

I believe that would catch other teams by surprise.

Advertisement
Back