Panic?

FB_IMG_1700655138078.jpg

Advertisement
So far the players leaving will be missed but not as dramatically as some are offering. Start with TVD. What has he done except disappoint. 2023 was to be his year, Gattis was gone a new OC and TVD was going to perform. We beat what turns out to be a BAD Texas A&M yet TVD was on the way to a great season based on that game. Unfortunately we got a horrible Dan Marino, fun to watch but no championships. The ACC was there for the taking but Interception, after interception ended that dream. I really thought TVD was 2021 not 2022, sadly I was wrong. I have mentioned in the past, when has TVD been clutch? What late in a game series was he clutch in a comeback win? Emory sacrifices himself 4th and long dives for a 1st down but got hurt. TVD is set for the heroics we expect at the U. Does he come through? Interception!
Chaney makes me think of Zion Nelson, super star that never shows up. I'm sorry he has been injured as I am for Zion but is the now playing Chaney as good as pre injury Chaney. Hard to determine since other RB's out played him yet he got his chances to excel.
Corey Flagg, I remember when we recruited him and he has never lived up to expectations. Weird that he got less effective each year. His stats fell each year and his 4 years here are not remarkable. A journeyman solid college LB.

Now don't get me wrong, I think for each of these the best option was another year at the U and I hate to see them leave but I optimistically think there are probably better players we can get off the cursed portal. I hate the portal but know you live or die using the portal properly and its a fact you will lose DEPTH type players that aren't quite good enough to start at the U. Who have our best players been since Manny was exploiting the portal before most realized the potential of a quick rebuild, our portal additions.
What? Are you talking about the same Dan Marino that Joe Montana recently called the best QB he has ever seen?

Don’t forget as @Dwinstitles says Flagg has trex arms
I’m not mad at any of the players leaving cause that’s what I thought of in the beginning of the season. I knew we had to turn over the roster again but people think u put on that U it automatically makes u elite or good and that’s not true.

Fans get fixated on a group of players whether it’s recruiting or on the field and you think there aren’t tons of legitimate football players (and coaches) across the country

We are 12-12 the last two years

Take away the 2023 class that hasn’t matured yet and a couple of other guys and who gives a **** who leaves that were on those teams?

Advertisement
None of the transfers would make our 2-deep next season and that's a sign of progress. They'll move on to situations where they have an opportunity to showcase their talent.

Meanwhile, higher levels of competition on Greentree and a better product on Saturdays.

So far the players leaving will be missed but not as dramatically as some are offering. Start with TVD. What has he done except disappoint. 2023 was to be his year, Gattis was gone a new OC and TVD was going to perform. We beat what turns out to be a BAD Texas A&M yet TVD was on the way to a great season based on that game. Unfortunately we got a horrible Dan Marino, fun to watch but no championships. The ACC was there for the taking but Interception, after interception ended that dream. I really thought TVD was 2021 not 2022, sadly I was wrong. I have mentioned in the past, when has TVD been clutch? What late in a game series was he clutch in a comeback win? Emory sacrifices himself 4th and long dives for a 1st down but got hurt. TVD is set for the heroics we expect at the U. Does he come through? Interception!
Chaney makes me think of Zion Nelson, super star that never shows up. I'm sorry he has been injured as I am for Zion but is the now playing Chaney as good as pre injury Chaney. Hard to determine since other RB's out played him yet he got his chances to excel.
Corey Flagg, I remember when we recruited him and he has never lived up to expectations. Weird that he got less effective each year. His stats fell each year and his 4 years here are not remarkable. A journeyman solid college LB.

Now don't get me wrong, I think for each of these the best option was another year at the U and I hate to see them leave but I optimistically think there are probably better players we can get off the cursed portal. I hate the portal but know you live or die using the portal properly and its a fact you will lose DEPTH type players that aren't quite good enough to start at the U. Who have our best players been since Manny was exploiting the portal before most realized the potential of a quick rebuild, our portal additions.
Wow. So championship is a major judge for you. Go look up KC Jones. Played center for the canes. He was part of the Denver Broncos super bowl. Owns a SB ring and NEVER TOOK A SNAP DURING THAT SUPER BOWL SEASON.

Wow. So championship is a major judge for you. Go look up KC Jones. Played center for the canes. He was part of the Denver Broncos super bowl. Owns a SB ring and NEVER TOOK A SNAP DURING THAT SUPER BOWL SEASON.
You play the game to win CHAMPIONSHIPS so that would be a prime objective for evaluation. To ignore Championships is like giving participation awards. In no way am I demeaning talent but at the end of the road, what did you win? It's like saying we had a successful year this year because we won more than we lost.

You play the game to win CHAMPIONSHIPS so that would be a prime objective for evaluation. To ignore Championships is like giving participation awards. In no way am I demeaning talent but at the end of the road, what did you win? It's like saying we had a successful year this year because we won more than we lost.
Patrick Ewing
Ken Griffey Jr.
Allen Iverson
Ty Cobb
Karl Malone
Craig Biggio
John Stockton
Charles Barkley
Elgin Baylor
Barry Bonds
Pavel Bure
**** Butkus
Dan Marino
Rod Carew
Tony Gonzalez
Tony Gwynn
Jim Kelly
Bruce Matthews
Tracy McGrady
Reggie Miller
Randy Moss
Anthony Munoz
Barry Sanders ( Go ahead and try and fraggle a way to say he sucks)
Bruce Smith
Derrick Thomas
LaDainian Tomlinson
Mike Trout
Nique
Ted Williams

I mean I could go on with players that never won a Championship who had success.... You should really stop and think before you hit "Post Reply"....

Advertisement
Flagg had his most efficient year this year. His got 2/3 the snaps of Kiko. Pro rate out those stats and compare

Advertisement
Losing Manny Diaz players is no time to panic.

They've overstayed their welcome and there are some good players among them. All good. Get that degree...would like to wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

When the meteor is coming straight at this Earth will be when I PANIC and not til then

****, even then we'll be going into the great beyond ahead of the gaytor and the noles 5>3>3 so it's still alright

Advertisement
Entering year three under Mario—at a program that hasn't done squad for 20 years.

There's going to be turnover. Especially in the transfer portal and NIL era.

For every guy that's leaving, they'll go grab someone to take his place—recruiting-wise or via the portal.

This is how championship caliber teams have to be built from the ground up. Two steps forward, one step back.

The tragedy isn't that a Tyler Van Dyke is leaving; it's that he played like garbage this season, he completely regressed, he left about 4-5 losses on the field with his bad decision making and that instead of Miami being 10-2 or 11-1 right now—with him preparing for his final games before heading off to the NFL—he's walking away head slung low and looking for another school where he can finish his career and hopefully play his way into being back on the NFL GMs radars.

The only guys that would break my heart if they left are the high ceiling / impact youngsters - Mauigoa (and Kiko), Bain, Jayden Wayne, Ray Ray, Fletcher, Horton(s), Riley Williams, Samson, Anez Cooper, Nyjalik, Popo, Pulliam, the Washingtons, Damari, and a few others I forgot. All the Manny guys can fuggin beat it - we ain't winning sheeot with those guys, save for maybe a couple that I'm forgetting cuz I'm salty that we suck again.

Advertisement
Back