Palm Beach Post Article on U Defense

Advertisement
With ‘True Canes,’ Miami defense wants to ‘blow down anybody’s door | Canes Watch

"His take on Carter: “Amari’s maturity level for his age is remarkable. … We need quote-unquote age, even if it’s not by the number, it’s by the maturity level. He provides that. He’s a businesslike young man.”

I do not think Henderson fit this at all

Henderson with that hissy-fitter he showed at that all-star game I doubt they would want him if he ran a 4 flat 40. What is he going to do if he gets beat for a long one in a game? If things do not go his way he could be a malignant downer in the locker room. Emotional ability did not nearly match physical ability. A legend in his own mind before he has ever played college ball.

“The ’16 class is special, I think everyone sees that. These guys on campus, and with the’17 class we really like. You stack the ’18 class on top of that, and we’re ready to go blow down anybody’s door.” -Mangy Diaz

itshappening.gif

Advertisement
I will say it in EVERY thread about the class. Derrick Smith is going to be a MONSTER back there. I have no idea how that kid was a 3 star.

I'm starting to think that too! And speaking of being a cane let's give some love to big Vaughn kid committed and stuck to it! Big ups to him.
And that Gaynor kid, already talking trash to FSU. Gotta love that!

Love how he said the corners getting a shot at safety. No harm seeing foe a week if you got a player that can make an impact at another position.

Im not sure who is more underrated by fans, Njoku or Garvin. I think both are going to be huge for us.

Why do people keep bringing up Henderson? He's gone.

And these continued futile efforts to denigrate him bc he signed with UF don't fool anyone. You'd rave about him if he signed w/ UM.

Advertisement
Love how he said the corners getting a shot at safety. No harm seeing foe a week if you got a player that can make an impact at another position.

Im not sure who is more underrated by fans, Njoku or Garvin. I think both are going to be huge for us.

My opinion, garvin was the best DE in the nation for 2017, nobody has a year like that with just 9 games played.

With ‘True Canes,’ Miami defense wants to ‘blow down anybody’s door | Canes Watch

"His take on Carter: “Amari’s maturity level for his age is remarkable. … We need quote-unquote age, even if it’s not by the number, it’s by the maturity level. He provides that. He’s a businesslike young man.”

I do not think Henderson fit this at all

-----------------------------------------
"“He’s doing it in the weight room and the classroom. Every report from [strength] coach Gus [Felder] is ‘the kid’s a savage, the kid’s a dog, the kid just works, he’s leading.’ … I’m on a mission to find the next Jaquan Johnson.”

Read where Johnson is a powerhouse for his size. He is benching 360 and power cleaning near 300 for a 190 pounder. Has also reduced his speed a little.

Advertisement
better enjoy and appreciate every second of Manny being here. dude is probably gone after this year.

better enjoy and appreciate every second of Manny being here. dude is probably gone after this year.

Nah. He wants to see this through. No way he abandons the bermuda triangle and this defense with how stacked we are going to be this year and next. Probably head in coach waiting honestly

Will Manny be here to coach the 2018 class? let's hope the thought of making a national title run and UM opening up the check book is enough to keep him from leaving.

Advertisement
Haven't felt this confident in our D heading into the spring in quite some time!

I can see Diaz being here for the long haul ala Bud Foster. Seems to truly love Miami. Create a dominant defense at Miami and then take over the head spot when Richt is ready to retire.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My opinion, garvin was the best DE in the nation for 2017, nobody has a year like that with just 9 games played.

Garvin is going to be special here. This D suits him perfectly. Man, it's a good time to be a Cane.

Nah. He wants to see this through. No way he abandons the bermuda triangle and this defense with how stacked we are going to be this year and next. Probably head in coach waiting honestly

I think one day Mr Diaz will be the head coach at the U after Richt. He fits the program, understands the culture, from the city. It's a perfect fit. IMO, it's his dream job. He's been other places, he knows this is where he belongs

Advertisement
Back