Palm Beach Post Article on U Defense

It's a shame how Diaz seem to know more about what it means to be a Cane than say a Randy Shannon . I never could understood why Randy never got it. He ran the ex-canes players away from the program. Diaz has the blueprint

And as far as Henderson is concerned... we better be glad he signed with Florida because his heart isn't pumping orange and green. The program dies every time we ventured away from the blueprint. I would say a great number of busts and transfers happens when you out recruit your own interests and convincing highly rated players to sign but they don't bleed orange and green.

Advertisement
better enjoy and appreciate every second of Manny being here. dude is probably gone after this year.

Nah. He wants to see this through. No way he abandons the bermuda triangle and this defense with how stacked we are going to be this year and next. Probably head in coach waiting honestly

I think one day Mr Diaz will be the head coach at the U after Richt. He fits the program, understands the culture, from the city. It's a perfect fit. IMO, it's his dream job. He's been other places, he knows this is where he belongs
I agree with you. I always envisioned him walking Miami sidelines as a HC with his enthusiasm, energy and emotions.

“The ’16 class is special, I think everyone sees that. These guys on campus, and with the’17 class we really like. You stack the ’18 class on top of that, and we’re ready to go blow down anybody’s door.” -Mangy Diaz

itshappening.gif
We out here

When can be a number one defense in the country? 2018?

I don't know about statistically, but we will have a top D next year. The ACC plays a bit more open style of football tempo wise, so that will always "hurt" us in the stats, compared to say the SEC who typically slow things down. But stats be damned, our D will be stout.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back