Packers Promoting CB Herb Waters To Active Roster

brock

All-American
Promoted to the active roster as a CB for the playoffs. Nice to see him doing well and sticking on a team. McCarthy said he's excited about him too

Advertisement
Packers HC Mike McCarthy told reporters on Wednesday that they’re promoting CB Herb Waters to their active roster, per Michael Cohen.

The Packers will also place CB Makinton Dorleant on season-ending injured reserve to create a roster spot for Waters.

Waters is actually a converted wide receiver but with the team dealing with a number of injuries at cornerback, they obviously needed to add some help for Sunday’s Wildcard game against the Giants.

Waters, 24, wound up signing a three-year, $1.62 million contract with the Packers as an undrafted free agent out of Miami back in May. He was unable to make the 53-man roster coming out of the preseason but was later signed to the team’s practice squad a few days later.

Waters should've been moved as a junior.

He has a very bright future at corner.

Advertisement
Sam Shields, Ladarius Gunter, Herb Waters....all underrated showing out in the NFL for the same team. Shows that NFL execs know what is up with the U and recruits should seriously take notice.

Good for them, while also further proving the point that there is only one NFL U and that is The University of Miami.

Advertisement
Yeah it is cool that the Packers have 3 CBs from here.
Too bad Shields has been unable to play all year. But Gunter has been their best cb this season.

Advertisement
Good for him.

I will never forget the bone head block in back penalty in last years bowl. Still smh over that.

Good for herb! Always thought he would be a better corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Shields, Ladarius Gunter, Herb Waters....all underrated showing out in the NFL for the same team. Shows that NFL execs know what is up with the U and recruits should seriously take notice.

Good for them, while also further proving the point that there is only one NFL U and that is The University of Miami.

not underrated just misused in college

Advertisement
glad for waters, he's a good guy that stuck it out during the worst of the worst.

he did have some big plays as a WR, but i saw him sulking too often on the bench with a towel over his head and his head down.

i hope he makes it in the league.

Advertisement
Back