Overrated and underrated CFB coaches

Plou

Banned
Banned
I find Dan Mullen, Gary Patterson, Matt Campbell and Mike Gundy to be underrated.

By far #1 on my overrated list is Ed Orgeron. I think he’s a terrible coach who is only doing well because of his assistant’s salaries.

Scott Frost is #2 on my overrated list.

Other overrated coaches include Brian Kelly, Tom Herman, James Franklin and Mike Leach.

Dino Babers and Bronco Mendenhall used to be overrated, although I hope that nobody respects them now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Campbell at Iowa St i think is underrated still...

He is doing so much at a perineal loser competing and beating the big boys in Texas and Oklahoma yearly now

Didn’t think of him. I’ll add him to my underrated list.

David Shaw- overrated
Chris Peterson- down year but still underrated

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
David Shaw- overrated
Chris Peterson- down year but still underrated
In what world is David Shaw overrated???

86-31 for his career, 3 Pac-12 titles, 5 North Division titles, 5 Bowl wins, all while having the most difficulty in recruiting due to the stringent academic requirements of Stanford. You do realize that Stanford gives out the least amount of athletic scholarships in Football per year than any other program in the nation right?

The man hasn't had single losing season in his entire career as a HC until this year while literally having 4 starting Offensive linemen out for the season, 2 starting LB's, their Punter & both their QB's being injured throughout most of the season.

I still think Bronco is legit. He has UVA competitive much fast than anyone thought would be the case.

He’s been an upgrade over Mike London, which isn’t saying a lot. I think Mendenhall is a corch, as is Babers.

Advertisement
Back