Overlooked: Jose Borregales - Kicker

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
I realized in the recent waves of major moves by Diaz-- there's been very little discussed about the transfer we nabbed from FIU-- Borregales.

If we had this kid in 2019 - we could have potentially won another 3-4 games.

Since we are installing a very new offensive system and players in 2020-- Borregales is CRUCIAL for us in 2020. His stats look **** good to me-- especially after what we got in 2019:

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.39.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.43.20 AM.png

And this kid really wants to be at Miami-- his dream school.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.43.20 AM.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.43.20 AM.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Advertisement
HUGE MOVE . 2nd best recruit we signed ( I count transfers as recruits) behind only King . Having a guy who can nail everything for 50 and in changes the season. We had him this season we win 3 more games including the UF and UNC games.

We would have won 2 more games last year with a decent kicker, so yeah, it's super important. Maybe more since Manny went for it many times on 4th-and-medium/long, and turned the ball over on downs, instead of attempting a FG he knew we wouldn't make.

That said, I really hope we're not in a position to lose games due to missed/unattempted FGs against weakassed opponents.

Advertisement
I said this a month ago. With a good kicker we beat UF, UNC, GT, n FIU. Great break down btw.

Not only did the ones we missed hurt us but how about the ones we didnt even take when we were in FG range.

Advertisement
Big upgrade like when we brought the Aussie in

no longer did I want to just to drop kick it from the QB instead of the **** show we got from feagles

pretty much a unanimous consensus this was a good thing. Not really a whole lot to talk about considering how bad kicking was last year.

Advertisement
We blaming FIU on the kicker now?

Sad times my guy; so watered down that a kicker now determines games against G5 teams. Lol

Well ****, should we discount that if CMU WRs could catch the ball, we would’ve lost that game? Smh.

No it shouldn't be close but we did miss 2 n loss by 6 and were stopped on 4th and short when we should have kicked it. No excuses just facts.
We "only" lost by 6 because FIU put took their foot off the pedal after going up 20 ******* points. We could have had Justin Tucker and it wouldnt have made a difference.

Advertisement
He's a very good kicker from 40+ yards. He seems to struggle from inside 40 though on the outside the hashes kicks. I was wondering if we could use Camden Price from inside 40 on those type of kicks and Jose from over 40.

Advertisement
Back