Over-exposure to campus

Having lived in South Florida and living other places, I have noticed some differences that I think hurt the Canes.

1) No Hometown Discounts- For the most part you have many coaches, parents, and handlers that to say the least aren't fond of the Canes. Some of it is subtle some of it is blatant. When you add in the fact that some kids just want to get away for college and some parents want them get away they become enamored with things and places that they haven't seen. For example, I live in Atlanta and kids in the entire State of Georgia do not go out of their way to disrespect UGA even if going to another school. A kid may not be able to live in the State of Georgia after college if he does. I say that jokingly but good luck kid getting a job if you do and maybe your parents/siblings as well. The crap that Dalvin Cook and others pull does not routinely happen.

2)College Atmosphere- Not known as a family friendly place as a whole parents can want their kids to get away and experience a traditional college atmosphere which they falsely equate to safety/learning etc. Even if untrue. In Tallahassee D. Francois was under criminal investigation for drug trafficking. Imagine that happening in Miami. Coral Gables is nicer/safer than 99% of the US but that isn't what most people think of that haven't lived in Miami. Also, we think of Dorsey, Gore, Portis, and the rest as stars now but if you have ever been to Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Athens kids are literally the equivalent of D.Wade walking down South Beach.

3) Culture of South Florida- I think south florida is one of the best places that I have ever seen but there is an underlying issue that is unlike most places besides maybe L.A. I call it a groupie culture. @Coach Macho said it best in one of his posts. People in South Florida applaud these kids for teaming up at the high school level and then do we expect them not to be frontrunners in picking a College?? If a kid that already has P5 offers needs to transfer to play with 8 other D-1 players to beat Fort Palatka do we not expect him to have a top 3 list of Alabama, UGA, and Clemson? Think about that the next time Joe Rose only praises St. Thomas Aquinas or American Heritage reloads with players from other schools. Fans then act like these kids are doing something noble. Can't have it both ways. I saw a kid transfer 2-3 times in 1 summer. Are you serious???

Advertisement
man, we act like we are losing kids like Golden and Shannon were losing kids. We are still getting top talent. We will next year as well. We will never get them all, some kids want to go to a big college, so kids want to go where the competition for their position may not be as deep, some kids get some other precks. We continue to recruit like we have, especially with Kul gone and what seems like a better recruiter for that position. we will continue to be fine. Who cares if they open things up, especially if it makes recruiting our targets easier.

Also, if a kid visits one time its easy to hide things and make it look like everything is perfect on campus. When you are hanging out on campus all the time like some of these kids you see a lot of the things that other schools hide on their visits.

lol we miss on a few guys after pulling in our best class in a decade and posters start to freak out. If you're this invested in every single recruit, you need to find new things to care about

Most people aren't freaking out some are just wondering how the odds to land the top 2 players in south florida every year are probably under 50%.

Advertisement
The key might be to increase the amount of out of state kids we convince to come to our campus for that new experience effect. Maybe the issue is putting to much optimism on the frequent visit thing from local kids. (Jobe)

Blaming Drake.

1523997579418.png

man, we act like we are losing kids like Golden and Shannon were losing kids. We are still getting top talent. We will next year as well. We will never get them all, some kids want to go to a big college, so kids want to go where the competition for their position may not be as deep, some kids get some other precks. We continue to recruit like we have, especially with Kul gone and what seems like a better recruiter for that position. we will continue to be fine. Who cares if they open things up, especially if it makes recruiting our targets easier.

We are losing them just like Golden. We are also getting better options plan b than the other two coaches though

Canes just need to go out and handle their business on the field and the rest of the **** will figure itself out. FSU and UF will both be trash this year and UGA is going to get whooped by both Auburn and Bama and that new toy luster will fade.

Advertisement
Did I say over exposure? I think UF had all their important visits in feb/March and we had ours later our momentum may be different.

Or, more likely, we are having a 2017 esque cycle and have given recruits no reason to chose us over UF/FSU w/ first year coaches

We are losing them just like Golden. We are also getting better options plan b than the other two coaches though

Golden's last class here was ranked in the 20s. Richt's class last year was #8. **** for all the whining this class is still top 10 right now.

As usual, you're wrong.

Seriously, for someone who claims to be an insider, it's impressive how terrible you're comparisons are.

Advertisement

What kids have picked UF over us?

I know we flipped Cam Williams from them. But who are they getting over us? I'm curious, you seem to know though

Advertisement
Did I miss something? Wasn’t our last two classes made up of like 65% or more from the state of Miami and like no reaches!

Gogeta last week:
-Tecory Couch sucks, I don't want him
-Everybody knows Lucas is going to FSU
-Ladson is all Clemson

Gogeta this week:
-How could we miss on all these guys?!? Richt is basically Al Golden!

He probably considers Tai a huge miss too, even though we were never recruiting him.

I mean, come on, dude. Melting down to FSU/Clemson, 2 schools that always recruit well, getting some good recruits is just ridiculous. If it's August and we only have 2 4*'s in our class, then feel free to say Richt is falling behind.

In regards to 2019, an issue is that we get a lot of kids on campus during February-March but they don’t commit. Then they immediately visit other schools and don’t feel as compelled to visit Umiami again during late March/April. We lose all of our momentum. This class is shaping up to be similar to the 2017 class talent wise

If you’re last statement is true then something is truly wrong. We should be building more momentum as the years go on especially if we are winning 10+ games a year. This staff has invested lots of time, money and energy on the 19’ class to be this flat.

Such an absurd statement. Not saying Richt doesn’t miss but to compare it to Golden’s level of misses is truly ignorant. Golden never landed the type of elite athletes CMR has brought in.

Advertisement
Back