OV Weekend #2 June 11-13

Advertisement
As far as upside, it doesn’t get much better than this.

Easy take for us, coach em up. We aren’t in the game for many ready to play guys, but this kid can be just as good as any of those guys down the line. Those spring clips are very impressive for a guy with his lack of experience.
Upside so high I could imagine him being a high 4 borderline 5 star by seasons end.

One of those not having camps last year and barley any this year leads to guys like this kinda unknown.

Advertisement
I know there are a couple of cbs in for Carswell to the Canes but is he taking any visits at the end of July? I feel like he talked about going to Oregon ?
- It looks like he may be going to FNL at UF that last week. There's a guy posting in the Mock Class thread who seems to be a coach up in Georgia and he says he sent Hevesy some tape and info on CArswell. I can't tell if he is bringing him to their FNL event or knows for sure he is going. He is basically saying he thinks the kid would commit there if he gets an offer.

I know there are a couple of cbs in for Carswell to the Canes but is he taking any visits at the end of July? I feel like he talked about going to Oregon ?
- It looks like he may be going to FNL at UF that last week. There's a guy posting in the Mock Class thread who seems to be a coach up in Georgia and he says he sent Hevesy some tape and info on CArswell. I can't tell if he is bringing him to their FNL event or knows for sure he is going. He is basically saying he thinks the kid would commit there if he gets an offer.
Smdh not surprised and will not be mad if he picks them

Gaby over on 247 said the thing about Oregon. Rivals did too. They’re loading up on OL guys. Not sure he’ll have a spot by the time he actually gets to visits. They’ve got 4 guys listed as tackle prospects in the class already. 2 of them are probably guards

Advertisement
Wish we would pursue Trent Ramsey, Dwayne shor,Easton Harris

it’s looking like our whole board at o line is leaning elsewhere

Yeap,Justice is making a run at Padke as maybe the worse recruiter on staff.
We already knew Patke was a scrub recruiter, but Justice might struggling the most. I do think recruiting OL to Miami is a very hard sell though. Patke has zero excuses

The OL recruiting is following a similar trend to some other positions with it being a down year in South Florida. We're on guys who are just below tier 1 targets for some big schools. Guys like Agbo and Hood are good players but not the all-american types OOS that we usually have no shot with for a number of reasons. Agbo tripped to OU. They already have three OL committed including two tackles and have visits scheduled with higher rated guys. Some talk about LSU but until he actually steps foot on their campus I won't worry about it. They also fired an OL coach and hired a new one so I consider that early buzz not as important.

Hood has Georgia and Auburn in on him and he's from SEC country but he's not the guy you try to secure with a big bag in the summer. Carswell is the project who has only visited us and plans to visit Oregon but they already have 4 OL committed.

Some of you looking for clear path easy wins. Not the way it is gonna be this cycle.

Justice is in his second cycle. The first included 2 4-stars and a high 3-star prospect. Those were all South Florida area kids. Gonna be a little tougher

Advertisement
The OL recruiting is following a similar trend to some other positions with it being a down year in South Florida. We're on guys who are just below tier 1 targets for some big schools. Guys like Agbo and Hood are good players but not the all-american types OOS that we usually have no shot with for a number of reasons. Agbo tripped to OU. They already have three OL committed including two tackles and have visits scheduled with higher rated guys. Some talk about LSU but until he actually steps foot on their campus I won't worry about it. Hood has Georgia and Auburn in on him and he's from SEC country but he's not the guy you try to secure with big bag in the summer. Carswell is the project who has only visited us and plans to visit Oregon but they already have 4 OL committed.

Some of you looking for clear path easy wins. Not the way it is gonna be this cycle.

Justice is in his second cycle. The first included 2 4-stars and a high 3-star prospect. Those were all South Florida area kids. Gonna be a little tougher
Totally agree but regarding the 2021 cycle, Justice inherited two commits and only really landed Rodriguez, whose family is full if lifelong Cane fans. I think we'll dip into the portal hard for o line regardless of who we land but some Justice recruiting concern is warranted. I feel pretty good about Agbo & Carswell but definitely can't say I'm feeling confident either.

Totally agree but regarding the 2021 cycle, Justice inherited two commits and only really landed Rodriguez, whose family is full if lifelong Cane fans. I think we'll dip into the portal hard for o line regardless of who we land but some Justice recruiting concern is warranted. I feel pretty good about Agbo & Carswell but definitely can't say I'm feeling confident either.
He inherited Seymour. McLaughlin wasn't committed before. 247 has him committing 2 months after Justice was hired. McLaughlin was a major target when Justice got the job. As for Rodriguez look no further than Little Sr, Chad Wilson and the Durant family to know that connections only get you so far. Two former players against the school and the family wanting the kid at Miami meant nothing in the end

Last edited:
Wish we would pursue Trent Ramsey, Dwayne shor,Easton Harris

it’s looking like our whole board at o line is leaning elsewhere
I really hope they're pursuing other options.

I asked about Ramsey a couple weeks back; he'd be a good take if we can't get Agbo. Haven't heard anything on Shor or Harris, do you know which schools are recruiting them?

Advertisement
More competition for Carswell. Michigan on the hunt…

TMI has learned that Michigan expanded its offensive line board late last month by offering one of the most intriguing prospects in the 2022 class.

Sandersville (Ga.) Washington County offensive tackle Falentha Carswell wasn’t on any college recruiting boards heading into the spring because he wasn’t on a high school football roster before that point. The 6-7, 275-pounder fancied himself more of a basketball player until he began receiving gridiron interest from coast to coast. He visited and or camped at Clemson, Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Miami. He eventually picked up offers from Oregon, Georgia Tech, Miami, Ole Miss, and NC State.

All those schools, especially the one who have offered, are showing serious interest in a player who is the definition of a project. But he’s a project with a combination of size and athleticism that quite simply can’t be taught. The late June offer from Michigan is proof positive that Sherrone Moore & company are equally enamored.

1COMMENTS
The Wolverines strong show of interest might have come just in time considering the strong Miami buzz with Carswell of late, and rumors of a possible summer decision. For his part the talented youngster mentioned wanting to take a visit to Oregon later this month before naming a top five. Turns out that Michigan will have its chance to make an in-person impression when he makes his way to Ann Arbor July 31st for the annual Barbecue at the Big House.
Stay tuned to The Michigan Insider for more on Carswell in the days and weeks to come.

More competition for Carswell. Michigan on the hunt…

TMI has learned that Michigan expanded its offensive line board late last month by offering one of the most intriguing prospects in the 2022 class.

Sandersville (Ga.) Washington County offensive tackle Falentha Carswell wasn’t on any college recruiting boards heading into the spring because he wasn’t on a high school football roster before that point. The 6-7, 275-pounder fancied himself more of a basketball player until he began receiving gridiron interest from coast to coast. He visited and or camped at Clemson, Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Miami. He eventually picked up offers from Oregon, Georgia Tech, Miami, Ole Miss, and NC State.

All those schools, especially the one who have offered, are showing serious interest in a player who is the definition of a project. But he’s a project with a combination of size and athleticism that quite simply can’t be taught. The late June offer from Michigan is proof positive that Sherrone Moore & company are equally enamored.

1COMMENTS
The Wolverines strong show of interest might have come just in time considering the strong Miami buzz with Carswell of late, and rumors of a possible summer decision. For his part the talented youngster mentioned wanting to take a visit to Oregon later this month before naming a top five. Turns out that Michigan will have its chance to make an in-person impression when he makes his way to Ann Arbor July 31st for the annual Barbecue at the Big House.
Stay tuned to The Michigan Insider for more on Carswell in the days and weeks to come.
Im not in the “justice has a lot to prove” camp, but he’s got to get a kid like this.

Advertisement
Back