Out of state OL Bateman planning Miami visit

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
TBateman.jpg

Miami’s search for offensive linemen in the 2017 class continues. One name emerging as a serious target for Canes coaches is 6-8, 305-pound Toryque Bateman from Gadsen, Alabama. Three three-star offensive tackle is being courted by Louisville, Mississippi State, and Michigan, amongst others.

Bateman told CanesInSight that he speaks frequently with both offensive line coach Stacy Searels and head coach Mark Richt.

“They just tell me how they feel about me and tell me that I’m very high on their list, if not at the top,” Bateman said. “Coach Richt is a laid back, chill type of guy – he’s very cool. He’s not uptight.”

The offensive tackle prospect admitted that early playing time is “very, very high” on his priorities. He added that he wants to play, “as soon as possible”. That is one aspect working in Miami’s favor.

“They don’t promise me playing time, but they do say that when I come in, I have a great chance to come in early,” he said.

Bateman camped at Florida State and Florida over the summer, but has never been to Miami – that looks like it will change soon.

He has not decided on dates, but Bateman says that the only official visits he has planned are to Miami, Louisville, and Michigan. He left the door open to visiting other schools as well.

Advertisement
Miami has never gotten a recruit from north Alabama. Also do we really want a kid from Alabama that isn't being recruited by Bama or Auburn?

Miami has never gotten a recruit from north Alabama. Also do we really want a kid from Alabama that isn't being recruited by Bama or Auburn?

They can't take them all.

With Bama they literally go around the country and pick whomever they want.

I'm sure they let some really talented players slip away from time to time

If Harbaugh wants then he's good by me. He'd be the second or third best tackle prospect in the group if we hold on to Donaldson and flip someone else, so not a huge issue.

Advertisement

Look at Bama's current OL class lmao. 4 guys that would probably start at LT at Miami right now

Run blocks well but not sure about his feet and how he uses his hands. Didn't see much pass blocking , which would be the issue for a guy that big.

The fact that Bama isn't recruiting him doesn't concern me much simply because they have their pick of top recruits but the fact that Auburn isn't definitely raises a eyebrow.

Advertisement
Now you maggots are crying about a legit tackle prospect that Jim Harbaugh wants. You're almost as big of cry babies as those liberals in Portland.

Did LSU offer Ed Reed?

This is so dumb. Reed was recruited almost 20 years ago, if he was recruited in this day of age no doubt he would have been offered. So it's retarded to bring Reed up.

Find me a 2* safety from Louisiana that has an LSU offer.

Can't teach 6"8 305. Maybe the kid developed this year after bama and Auburn filled up their class? Considering our O line now I'll take fo sho.

Advertisement

Did LSU offer Ed Reed?

This is so dumb. Reed was recruited almost 20 years ago, if he was recruited in this day of age no doubt he would have been offered. So it's retarded to bring Reed up.

You're an idiot if you believe Reed would be a two star today. Again in today's age with all this technology he would have been a higher star player.

Did LSU offer Ed Reed?

Can you name 2 colfb recruiting services in the 90s? dial up internet days....reed wouldnt have been overlooked that hard in this era.

Advertisement
Why didnt Tenn recruit Corn Elder?... Better and newer example than Reed.

Elder wanted to play football and basketball and Tennessee wouldn't give in on that idea. He played basketball at Miami for like 2 days before he realized it wasn't going to work. That being said, the Nashville area typically doesn't have the pull and respect for the University of Tennessee as the rest of the state for some reason. I'd argue that kids in Georgia respect and see Tennessee more appealing than kids in Tennessee do. I don't think Elder ever liked UT as a potential choice.

He wasn't an unknown here, I drove 4 hours to watch him play. He racked up 330 yards and 7 TDs in probably the most impressive game I've ever watched from a single player in my life in Tennessee high school football. That list includes Randall Cobb, played against him in the playoffs, Coty Sensabaugh who is in the NFL, Jalen Ramsey, etc etc

Last edited:
Why didnt Tenn recruit Corn Elder?... Better and newer example than Reed.

Elder wanted to play football and basketball and Tennessee wouldn't give in on that idea. He played basketball at Miami for like 2 days before he realized it wasn't going to work. That being said, the Nashville area typically doesn't have the pull and respect for the University of Tennessee as the rest of the state for some reason. I'd argue that kids in Georgia respect and see Tennessee more appealing than kids in Tennessee do. I don't think Elder ever liked UT as a potential choice.

Yep I know Preston Williams didn't even consider uga like that at all. Tennessee has quite a few players from the state of ga.

Did LSU offer Ed Reed?

Can you name 2 colfb recruiting services in the 90s? dial up internet days....reed wouldnt have been overlooked that hard in this era.

You guys miss the point...Just because a player is being overlooked by an instate school doesn't mean someone else can't see his potential. Not every DE/DT that Kool put in the NFL had offers to their home state school.

Advertisement
Back