OUT: ESPN fires Le Batard

Look at the majority of sports articles written these days. That is the standard. I can hardly get through one due to the spelling errors, poor grammar and subpar if not outright embarrassing commentary.

A week or so ago I clicked on an article (originating from FanSided or some other garbage) where the author proposed the Astros trade George Springer to the Fish for a few of our more intriguing prospects... dude’s a Free Agent, he can’t be traded; “How dumb are you?” came to mind.

I almost joined the website just to trash that dude. That was just the first egregious example that’s came to mind.

I apologize for the rant, sore subject.
Sports coverage in this country is atrocious.

Advertisement
I tell my wife all the time, instead of busting my *** doing my business, why couldn't I have a bunch of suckers and losers giving me money for useless commentary, doing nothing or views like preachers, sports talk host, 45 or the Kardashians etc. My shortcoming is hat I think everything has to make sense. I have to accept that there are millions and millions of suckers out there just wanting to give somebody their money to tell them what they want to hear.

He's from Hollywood.
Don't sully my city's good name. He's from Miramar.
tbh, old guys arent gonna get their old shows back. podcasts have taken over. no one really gives a **** to hear from joe in kendall about canes football on joe rose. you can get real analysis in pods from much better people. lebatard changed the way radio is done. espns issue was their new radio head wants to go back to the stale show that greeny provides and such. lebatard was leaving at the end of the deal and i suspect hhe got the bag from spotify or sirius (possibly DAZN)
This. AM/FM Radio is deader than the wishbone offense. Nobody under 50 wants to hear some radio host give hot takes while taking calls from people who are even stupider than the host. Spotify and podcasts exist for a reason. People want to be able to choose which music and what sports topics they listen to. As much as I want to hear 3 hours of NFL talk (99% of sports radio programing) I would much rather just listen to @Stefan Adams and @DMoney on the CIS podcast.

Don't sully my city's good name. He's from Miramar.

This. AM/FM Radio is deader than the wishbone offense. Nobody under 50 wants to hear some radio host give hot takes while taking calls from people who are even stupider than the host. Spotify and podcasts exist for a reason. People want to be able to choose which music and what sports topics they listen to. As much as I want to hear 3 hours of NFL talk (99% of sports radio programing) I would much rather just listen to @Stefan Adams and @DMoney on the CIS podcast.
Fair. And I like Hollywood a lot. I'm there most weekends.

I tell my wife all the time, instead of busting my *** doing my business, why couldn't I have a bunch of suckers and losers giving me money for useless commentary, doing nothing or views like preachers, sports talk host, 45 or the Kardashians etc. My shortcoming is hat I think everything has to make sense. I have to accept that there are millions and millions of suckers out there just wanting to give somebody their money to tell them what they want to hear.
are you new here?

😁😁😁

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back