OUT: ESPN fires Le Batard

Advertisement
Surprised he lasted this long. I don't dislike the guy, being he's from Miami and a Canes fan, but I never understood how he made it to sports radio. Never really trusted what he had to say. I just didn't find him to be credible as a sports guy.

Le Batard was not fired. He'll re-emerge in January as part of a different media company -- where he will have more creative control over his content ... and make a lot more money.

Advertisement
Le Batard was not fired. He'll re-emerge in January as part of a different media company -- where he will have more creative control over his content ... and make a lot more money.

I see him likely going to Spotify.

I don't mind him. I know he's not the most popular guy amongt Miami fans. His dad is a bit much.

Advertisement
The guy is a social commentator not sports talk. Him and his crew will have success bc there is a market for that shallow social commentary that is loosely tied to sports but espn and miami sports radio needs to vastly improve.
Look at the majority of sports articles written these days. That is the standard. I can hardly get through one due to the spelling errors, poor grammar and subpar if not outright embarrassing commentary.

A week or so ago I clicked on an article (originating from FanSided or some other garbage) where the author proposed the Astros trade George Springer to the Fish for a few of our more intriguing prospects... dudeā€™s a Free Agent, he canā€™t be traded; ā€œHow dumb are you?ā€ came to mind.

I almost joined the website just to trash that dude. That was just the first egregious example thatā€™s came to mind.

I apologize for the rant, sore subject.

**** you Ben!!!

Way to ruin it.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Advertisement
Lebatard wasn't happy with one of his producers being cut from their massive layoffs. They're discussing buy outs right now. Hardly a firing.
Hardly a keeping your job either.

Right or wrong, many executives and unique talents get severence packages if they are let go or "mutually part ways".

May a pox visit House Le Batard.

Last edited:
The guy is a social commentator not sports talk. Him and his crew will have success bc there is a market for that shallow social commentary that is loosely tied to sports but espn and miami sports radio needs to vastly improve.
Would you think even that market is saturated??

His next chapter by no means a lock for "success".

Look at the majority of sports articles written these days. That is the standard. I can hardly get through one due to the spelling errors, poor grammar and subpar if not outright embarrassing commentary.

A week or so ago I clicked on an article (originating from FanSided or some other garbage) where the author proposed the Astros trade George Springer to the Fish for a few of our more intriguing prospects... dudeā€™s a Free Agent, he canā€™t be traded; ā€œHow dumb are you?ā€ came to mind.

I almost joined the website just to trash that dude. That was just the first egregious example thatā€™s came to mind.

I apologize for the rant, sore subject.
I get it.

Advertisement
Surprised he lasted this long. I don't dislike the guy, being he's from Miami and a Canes fan, but I never understood how he made it to sports radio. Never really trusted what he had to say. I just didn't find him to be credible as a sports guy.
He's from Hollywood.

He's not a Cane.

He's not remotely a "sports guy."

100%

Literally could not have said it better, just with a slight caveat that I'm not sure how much that market will listen when its not on E$ECPN radio.

100%

Literally could not have said it better, just with a slight caveat that I'm not sure how much that market will listen when its not on E$ECPN radio.

tbh, old guys arent gonna get their old shows back. podcasts have taken over. no one really gives a **** to hear from joe in kendall about canes football on joe rose. you can get real analysis in pods from much better people. lebatard changed the way radio is done. espns issue was their new radio head wants to go back to the stale show that greeny provides and such. lebatard was leaving at the end of the deal and i suspect hhe got the bag from spotify or sirius (possibly DAZN)

Advertisement
Back