Our trap game is Georgia Tech...

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
Everyone keeps talking about UNC and Pitt and the possibilities of winning out. Honestly, Georgia Tech is the sort of game I could see us losing, and not because of our players or Coach Scott. Looking at our recent history with GT, that game scares the **** out of me and it is solely because of D'Onofrio's inability to properly prepare for the option.

2013 (GT)
Rush Yards - 335
Yards per Carry - 5.4
Time of Possession - 35:59

2014 (GT)
Rush Yards - 318
Yards per Carry - 4.9
Time of Possession - 40:45

D'Onofrio does not know how to defend against the option, period. Nor does it appear he learns from his mistakes. Look at the above stats and then look at what teams have done this year to us when utilizing the option: FSU and Clemson both saw the weakness and exploited it on multiple occasions leading to big plays and/or touchdowns.

If Coley doesn't keep us from going 3-and-out or if we have turnover issues, GT wear down our defense and Coach No-D will have no answers for it. Furthermore, I believe Coach Johnson will use quick tempo early and often because of our inability to "line up and go" (look at every screen shot of our D-line not being lined up or are staring at the sideline as the opposing team snaps the ball).

TL;DR - GT will exploit us, and possibly beat us, once again due to D'Onofrio's ignorance and arrogance.

Advertisement
its not a trap game when you cant stop the run and everyone knows it.

that said this is the only game i anticipate the canes losing.

With Al we could lose to ANYONE ANYTIME. Now, without Al, I think we have a shot of beating anyone.

Advertisement
Honestly the way we have defended against GT in the D'No years is so schizophrenic. This year...considering our combination outside with Elder and Burns, we should be able to load up in the run game and prevent any big pass plays...but I say should - not will.

Honestly, I'm surprised we win at all right now. I'm shocked we beat Duke and I'll be shocked if we beat UVa

Lol how can we have a "trap game" when we are 5-3?

A trap game is based on the expectation we will win a game, or are overlooking a game, when the reality is data/facts show that we should be careful.

And have you seen these boards recently? CIS forums are talking about winning out, playing in the ACC Champ game and getting a decent bowl game. Meanwhile, Coach D'onofrio is still around... Just saying be careful of wishful thinking.

Advertisement
We don't even have a coach. There are no trap games. Every win from here on out is a bonus.

***** please.gif

Advertisement
You guys are hilarious. A week ago, everyone was questioning whether Miami would win even one more game this season. One freak play later, you all are crowning them as Coastal champs. "Trap game." Every game is a trap game for this team.

Ga Tech might run for 500 yards on our D. Not sure where some fans are getting this idea that D'Onofrio has schemed well against them in the past. He hasn't. We've just been able to outscore them a few times.

Advertisement
NoD is going to face a team that runs the ball 90% of the time, and he'll defend it with 3 man lines and double high safeties because that's what he does.

Advertisement
Back