Our S&C

Advertisement
Advertisement
This same post is made every year

Very true, but this time, it's actually legit.

100%

Cause we didn't have coach Felder before bringing the heat

image.jpg

Upfront...very uneducated about technical aspects of S&C...

Post on the board seem to critize Felder for his weight...isn't this Moffit guy..etc...

Magnus ver Magnusson isn't the skinniest guy on the planet either. Not sure I would criticize his S&C program or abilities. Granted power lifting does not equal football requirements, but why so harsh of Felder?

Advertisement
For example:

==Gayle Hatch's system ignores the trendy machines of the high-tech age and the emphasis on bodybuilding techniques embraced by the likes of Charles Atlas and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Hatch combined Olympic lifts of free weights with plyometric and jumping drills to develop explosive strength for football players.

"Pure strength that can't be converted to athletic strength is of no use to an athlete," Hatch said, launching into an example using a former LSU football player. "A delivery man can move a refrigerator 10 yards, but he can't move it as fast as (former LSU defensive lineman) Booger McFarland can move it 10 yards.

"In Olympic-style lifts, you're standing on your feet. That's the way you play football. You're not laying on your back like you would for a bench press."

The Hatch system focuses on overall explosive strength and doesn't target body parts the way bodybuilders sculpt themselves for on-stage posing or the beach.

"In Olympic lifting and in football, your body is working as a single unit," Hatch said. "You don't use your hamstrings on one play and your pecs the next."==

what does power over strength mean?

how do they differ?

Strength measures force over a distance.
Power measures force over a distance by time.

Its why two guys with identical height/weight/squat max would have a Vertical Jump difference of 12inches.

Guys like Suh or Sapp are never the strongest guys on their teams, but they are usually the most powerful. Power doesn't always get measured properly in the weight room.

Force, Work and Power: Student Activities
This breaks it down in a more scientific way.

still struggling. maybe if you give me an example, with measurements for both.

regarding strength...how can force travel a distance without time passing? im failing to see a difference between the two.

Advertisement
We had strong muscular players under Golden but we had a slower team and a read and react defense that had a priority of covering space rather than pressuring the offense to speed up their decision making. You cant have slow players in a pressure defense. Thats why we are slimming down and speeding up.
I warn people though -until we get a full boost in team speed we may allow some big plays on us. As long as they are few and far between we will be OK. I expect some warts this first year.

Advertisement
Long as we look like Clemson, or an SEC team um good. No more fat slow players

You mean as long as we look like Canes, and not some fattened up Big 10 team.
No s**t, but as of late they have to be up to par S&C wise like an SEC or Clemson team. Then our Canes won't be pushed around in games

I'm not one who down votes often, but i had to on this one. I think you're missing my point...before all of this SEC rhetoric started going around, it was a Cane thing. We don't need to look like these SEC players, who flop at the next level...we need to get back to looking like Miami. We were the blue print, people copied our style...****, they have a defense called the "Miami 43." I don't wanna look like Clemson, and I don't wanna look like Bama, I wanna look like true Canes; the team that would play you anywhere, anytime, smash your chick, and leave the condom behind for you to remember the name. That's where I wanna be at

what does power over strength mean?

how do they differ?

A tree can be strong.

A wind can be powerful enough to bowl it over.
good example

what does it mean to say a tree is strong? i dont understand that part.

and cant wind just as easily be said to be strong enough to bowl it over?

LOL. No one has ever heard anyone refer to wind as strong.

The wind emitting from his mouth might have a strong odor

Long as we look like Clemson, or an SEC team um good. No more fat slow players

You mean as long as we look like Canes, and not some fattened up Big 10 team.
No s**t, but as of late they have to be up to par S&C wise like an SEC or Clemson team. Then our Canes won't be pushed around in games

I'm not one who down votes often, but i had to on this one. I think you're missing my point...before all of this SEC rhetoric started going around, it was a Cane thing. We don't need to look like these SEC players, who flop at the next level...we need to get back to looking like Miami. We were the blue print, people copied our style...****, they have a defense called the "Miami 43." I don't wanna look like Clemson, and I don't wanna look like Bama, I wanna look like true Canes; the team that would play you anywhere, anytime, smash your chick, and leave the condom behind for you to remember the name. That's where I wanna be at

this would have gotten you banned by the previous staff. they thought the "miami way" was helping your opponent after you pushed them down.
I also agree that this "lets be like the SEC" rhetoric is pussified bullsh!t. We were SEC before the SEC was SEC. they changed NCAA rules because of Miami. **** that "lets be like......" bullsh!t

The thing about Miami is that when we do get rolling again, we will be unstoppable.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Back