Our programs future lies in a 3 game stretch

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
we will know our programs future after the FSU, VT, Clemson 3 game stretch. its that simple. Nebraska is weaker this year. but that 3 game stretch will tell it all.

Advertisement
The Nebraska game will tell us alot too. If its a dog fight we will already have a good idea how the next 3 are going to play out. If we win comfortable itll be a crap shoot. If we lose we will most likely drop 2 if not the next 3.

Nebraska will beat us. Clemson and fsu will curb stomp us. Va tech we may have a shot against, but we will probably blow that one too.

Not really.

The FSU game will decide everything.

Beat FSU, and talent can over come inept coaching to an extent. Kids will play for each other at least...

This is probably the weakest FSU team golden has faced. Only 1 returning starter on the OL (LT with 5 starts). Most inexperienced OL in the FBS... so it will be a sloppy offense early in the season. On defense, they brought in an elite DL coach (worked with fowler, clowney Etc.,) to improve pass rush and schemes, but it looks like Pruitt was the brains behind the defense...

Clemson lost their entire front 7 from arguably the best defense in the country. A starting DT and LT just quit the team too. Watson and WRs are elite, but Clemson OL and RBs are not. (Plus mastermind OC chad Morris left for SMU job)

VT will have a great D like always, (best secondary Kayaa will face), but their OL and QB are suspect.

Beat FSU, and Golden goes out like Ron Zook with a 7-8 win season and leaves some recruiting momentum for Butch or whomever...

If this team goes into the offseason with zero recruiting momentum, it will mean consecutive weak recruiting classes, which makes the next coaches job harder since most of the better players are gone after this season. Got to hope for best case scenario

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please explain how these 3 games are any different than the last 4 we played? I heard as a child 100's of times, "if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times".... then I got my a$$ whooped! I figure we got the same coming again as Canes fans....smh

we will know our programs future after the FSU, VT, Clemson 3 game stretch. its that simple. Nebraska is weaker this year. but that 3 game stretch will tell it all.

If it was somehow possible to lose 4 games, in that 3 game stretch, I'd root for it.

SLURPERS, please note that I'm not actually rooting for it because, as I said, it's not mathematically possible. So, don't blame me when we lose the 3.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. I'm going to root for Fraulden to somehow lose 4 out of 3 games. You can do it Al because, because, because you're such a fraud.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not really.

The FSU game will decide everything.

Beat FSU, and talent can over come inept coaching to an extent. Kids will play for each other at least...

This is probably the weakest FSU team golden has faced. Only 1 returning starter on the OL (LT with 5 starts). Most inexperienced OL in the FBS... so it will be a sloppy offense early in the season. On defense, they brought in an elite DL coach (worked with fowler, clowney Etc.,) to improve pass rush and schemes, but it looks like Pruitt was the brains behind the defense...

Clemson lost their entire front 7 from arguably the best defense in the country. A starting DT just quit the team too. Watson and WRs are elite, but Clemson OL and RBs are not. (Plus mastermind OC chad Morris left for SMU job)

VT will have a great D like always, (best secondary Kayaa will face), but their OL and QB are suspect.

Beat FSU, and Golden goes out like Ron Zook with a 7-8 win season and leaves some recruiting momentum for Butch or whomever...

If this team goes into the offseason with zero recruiting momentum, it will mean consecutive weak recruiting classes, which makes the next coaches job harder since most of the better players are gone after this season. Got to hope for best case scenario

Again. Everything has been decided. Already. The sooner you people realize that, the sooner you can enjoy college football Saturdays again. Gonna be some great, hard fought, close games this year. Oregon/Mich St, TCU/Baylor, Alabama/Auburn, Miami/Duke, USC/Notre Dame, FSU/Clemson, etc... Enjoy

Advertisement
Cinci will beat us

Like they were suppose to last season in the epic trap game

Some of the notable Miami losses during the Folden Era:

2011 Maryland (2-10)
2011 Boston College (4-8)
2012 Virginia (4-8)
2014 Virginia (5-7)
2014 Pittsburgh (6-7)

This, of course, doesn't include the other countless losses to teams with inferior talent.

Bottom line is that there is no such thing as an automatic victory for UM under this coaching staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cinci will beat us

Cincy, at home, with that D, is hardly a trap game. Get real. Playing Thursday nights, on the road, has never been kind to visiting teams.

I'll take any bet put yo money where your mouth is to anybody who think we lose the cincy game then

What language is this porst?

It be: Do Be. Dubey do?

Questionable Coaching Staff + Questionable O-Line + Questionable Defensive and Offensive Scheme x Less NFL-Caliber Players on the Roster
= Questionable Season.

Cinci will beat us

Cincy, at home, with that D, is hardly a trap game. Get real. Playing Thursday nights, on the road, has never been kind to visiting teams.

I'll take any bet put yo money where your mouth is to anybody who think we lose the cincy game then

I speak English and Spanish. Feel free to translate that to either language.

Advertisement
Back