Our New Coordinators are Busy

Advertisement
Gotta think that the guys against hiring Butch as an analyst have to be of the younger guys on here and have no clue what Butch helped this program accomplish with the recruits he brought here.

Not all the kids he recruited were 4-5* but with his evaluations a lot of 3* ended up looking like 4-5 *.

Butch would be one of the first calls I’d make if I’m looking for someone to help with evals…Will Mario? Who knows.

But if Mario does or doesn’t should never be the final judge as to if he’s qualified or not.Personally I hope Butch's phone rings from Mario.If it doesn’t that’s Marios call but never ever doubt the qualifications of Butch Davis as a judge of talent..only one close to him in my mind is JJ and I doubt there would be one one person against him if we were talking about JJ and not Butch.

Yet he just got fired from a job in the most fertile recruiting area in the country where him and his evals went 1-18 against a crap schedule in his last 19 games (his only win was against some 2-8 thing called Long Island University which spends its Saturdays losing in the Northeast League, a commuter school tri-state conference).

1-18. Really process that. It's HARD to be that bad.

He turned FIU into the worst program in America. We just can't sweep that under the rug and it deserves discussion. Does he still have the ability to evaluate HS kids in this day and age? Maybe. Maybe not. But the most recent evidence should give us major pause.

I loved Butch when he was here. I mean, he was from the JJ tree too and was part of that staff before he even came back. Yes, he built the GOAT UM roster 20+ years ago. While many don't, I actually forgive him for how he left. He deserves a TON of credit for getting UM back on track. And I wish him as well as one could and hope in his retirement he has a relationship with the U. But if we are being objective, the man has a lot of baggage and a lot of failures on his resume, and if he is being brought on just to evaluate talent, Mario is going to have to ask himself (and maybe Butch) why his evaluations led FIU down the toilet.

The great news is if this ever got any legs, Mario and the U would surely take a deep dive with him, deeper than any of us could, and Mario, as an experienced top head coach will make a decision. So whatever happens, we know that the due diligence will have been done and the decision will have been made by someone qualified to figure out the Davis puzzle.

I still can't believe what's happened to him, that it's ended this poorly. It's really sad.

Last edited:
Lloyd. My pops always told me that was his favorite stadium. I took my official at the end of the season if I remember right. They were playing Ohio state... There's few things as hurricanes we got in our feelings over. We know how to do big games don't get me wrong. But week in week out the way these big college towns do football is absurd. That was an insane experience and one I'll always remember. I was hosted by amani toomer & Charles woodson. Both good dudes & friends to this day. Amani showed me all around campus which is beautiful than at night Charles brought me to an orgy. Those chicks were wild. Gonna leave the rest of that story alone. I thought about them, but when butch came around it was just a different feeling about football down here then it was under Ericson. The way the Ob would sway & shake when fans would get wild. That ****** cvnt shalalalala really did destroy everything we were. But it's in the past. We're in the best position now than we've been in a long time. I really hope all the fans embrace this change and realize it's gonna take all of that and more. These kids need to start seeing support on a regular. If Miami football matters to y'all the way people try to make it seem than keep the criticism & all the negativity for the outsiders and show these kids love. Trust we gonna get this **** right. Y'all gonna love the staff and the kids coming in. Just show it.
Good stuff

I think (hope) the criticism towards the players has been mostly frustration about the grown adults in charge but the kids are the ones we watch every week so they take the heat even if they shouldn’t

Even if we don’t win the ACC next year it still does feel like a completely different vibe to the program. Maybe one that we haven’t seen in my entire fandom of this team?

Not that it necessarily means wins and championships, but the mobilization of everyone working towards a common goal is not really what I ever remember us having. It seems we were winning in the past DESPITE conflict within our own house

Either way, I’m ready. **** I bought seasons tickets I have no idea if I will get down there for a game or not haha

Good stuff

I think (hope) the criticism towards the players has been mostly frustration about the grown adults in charge but the kids are the ones we watch every week so they take the heat even if they shouldn’t

Even if we don’t win the ACC next year it still does feel like a completely different vibe to the program. Maybe one that we haven’t seen in my entire fandom of this team?

Not that it necessarily means wins and championships, but the mobilization of everyone working towards a common goal is not really what I ever remember us having. It seems we were winning in the past DESPITE conflict within our own house

Either way, I’m ready. **** I bought seasons tickets I have no idea if I will get down there for a game or not haha
I have been guilty at times but I hope the player criticism slows down? Some get labeled jags simply because of unrealistic expectations not being met. They may not be a good player but all teams need practice players

I have been guilty at times but I hope the player criticism slows down? Some get labeled jags simply because of unrealistic expectations not being met. They may not be a good player but all teams need practice players
And don’t get me wrong I’m not saying ya can’t criticize a player but often times I’m sitting there thinking “why is that kid in that position?”

They are taking the fall for bad decisions by their coaches a lot of the times

Advertisement
15-0 is long in the tooth like RVA yet here we are.

Again, what are you even talking about?

Clicks here must be waaayy down here when you spend this much times manufacturing Butch Davis controversies.

Lloyd. My pops always told me that was his favorite stadium. I took my official at the end of the season if I remember right. They were playing Ohio state... There's few things as hurricanes we got in our feelings over. We know how to do big games don't get me wrong. But week in week out the way these big college towns do football is absurd. That was an insane experience and one I'll always remember. I was hosted by amani toomer & Charles woodson. Both good dudes & friends to this day. Amani showed me all around campus which is beautiful than at night Charles brought me to an orgy. Those chicks were wild. Gonna leave the rest of that story alone. I thought about them, but when butch came around it was just a different feeling about football down here then it was under Ericson. The way the Ob would sway & shake when fans would get wild. That ****** cvnt shalalalala really did destroy everything we were. But it's in the past. We're in the best position now than we've been in a long time. I really hope all the fans embrace this change and realize it's gonna take all of that and more. These kids need to start seeing support on a regular. If Miami football matters to y'all the way people try to make it seem than keep the criticism & all the negativity for the outsiders and show these kids love. Trust we gonna get this **** right. Y'all gonna love the staff and the kids coming in. Just show it.
Brooklyn Shuttlesworth

Advertisement
Whoever said that should simply be banned. It's one thing to say hes not who he was. But to say he's lost like that is simply a lie. I speak to Butch weekly and nothing about him is a bumbling old man.
Lol....Don't even know where to start....Unbeknownst to the Anti-Butch idiots...Mario & Butch speak on the regular (as you already know)

Advertisement
Back