Our defense is going to be 2x better this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJerseyCaneFan

Thunderdome
Chad thomas will be twice the player chick was and then some. Sorry to all the Chickalo fan boys who are in denial he is not that talented. i'm laughing at the guys on here who think "he will kill it in the NFL as a 4-3 DE.". did you even watch him for 4 years here. he is too slow and has zero pass rushing moves. how will he do anything in a 4-3 in the NFL? Tell me and don't point me to a all-star game LOL. if anything golden did a good job preparing him for his future position in the NFL because if he wants to play in the NFL he will be doing the exact same thing. if he puts on more size he will be a solid 2 gap in the right system. Chad has already shown flashes last year and it's particularity is raw size and length that has flashed out on tape. he has physical abilities that cannot be taught.

aqm is going to have a breakout year and make himself a 1st round talent you will see. people keep hyping up mccord but aqm is way more talented. mccord is stiff with no pass rushing skills. add in 4 players with the gator WILLIS we have guys with major playing time from last year.

we have 2x more depth on the defense this year at every position.

denzel leaving hurts, but don't act like the man wasn't making mistakes. some of you guys want to imagine he was a perfect all-american LB here but that was far from the case if you take away his big hits. honestly do you think he;'s a better NFL prospect then BRANDON SPIKES...because both are 2 down LB's in the nFL.

only player I'm worried about is JAMAL CARTER. the guy is not a very good safety. he literally whiffs big time on tackles and doesn't seem good in coverage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And what about the douche calling the plays? How much better will he be this year?

I don't think any of us are bashing Chick and his effort or talent. It's the scheme he was forced to play in. You know, the same scheme Chad Thomas will be forced to play in. Does Thomas have more upside? Sure. Will he do much more than Chick in this scheme? No. Like someone else said, 2X0=0. The scheme is a big, fat zero.

Advertisement
I don't think any of us are bashing Chick and his effort or talent. It's the scheme he was forced to play in. You know, the same scheme Chad Thomas will be forced to play in. Does Thomas have more upside? Sure. Will he do much more than Chick in this scheme? No. Like someone else said, 2X0=0. The scheme is a big, fat zero.

so if chick was in a 4-3 he would be all-american? you can't be serious.

I for one thought Denzel Perryman was more then just a hard hitting defender maybe I'm wrong

Holy crap, the reading comprehension of some people just blows my mind.

so if chick was in a 4-3 he would be all-american? you can't be serious.

I for one thought Denzel Perryman was more then just a hard hitting defender maybe I'm wrong

like most cane fans when denzel fcks up and leaves a guy wide open, they auto blame it on the cordinator. i have two eyes and saw denzel awful in coverage. denzel was overated, constrantly taking himself out of play, bad angles. the tape doesn;'t lie.

Advertisement
Usually happens when you have a linebacker covering wr's down the field...our scheme is atrocious!

its impossible for an Al Groh 2-gap prevent D to become elite. never seen it happen and we never will.

Advertisement
Hey Al! You know it's you and Pattys job to put our guys in position to be successful? I mean you two are the coaches who teach them your bull**** scheme and technique.. And if the players don't execute its your fault! I bet every coach in the country would love to have every player you just ****ted on!

Advertisement
A 3-4 2 gap defense isn't meant to dominate the other teams offense. It slows it down and prevents a big play. What we saw in 2014 is about as good as its going to get for a college team. It's an NFL defense meant to be taught for several years for a variety of players that are getting old and slow, not 20 year old athletic freaks that need to be in an aggressive scheme. It's also very hard to teach in a timely manner to get guys ready to play and execute as Freshman or Soph... the reason we "don't execute" very often

Al Golden minions coming on the boards to spread propaganda and lies. Ban these fools!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back