Our aggressive Scheme on D

Miami82

Mediocrity is for pussies
third and 2 2014 GT.jpg

Advertisement
Amazing.

We saw it work last week so we abandoned it today. At half I had a small glimmer of hope our coaches aren't complete retards, that all faded the first play of the 2nd half.

I could have done better tonight and I have a small football coaching background

Amazing.

We saw it work last week so we abandoned it today. At half I had a small glimmer of hope our coaches aren't complete retards, that all faded the first play of the 2nd half.

I could have done better tonight and I have a small football coaching background

these clowns were **** bent of proving that last week was just execution and that everyone saying they adjusted the scheme was wrong

Advertisement
its so sad, tonight was my coming out moment, realizing its all for not with golden at the helm, the tears wont stop

It's brilliant, really. Back our MLB and best linebacker so far back that the lineman can't block him. It's not like the dive is a huge play for GT, or that they start almost every play with it. **** these coaches man.

Completely outflanked already. Backers 4-7 yards off the ball. Center is naked and the dive is right there. D-line on their heels. Safeties 10 yards back, corners 7 against a team that passed 6 times. Not ready for the snap. Miami football, y'all.

Advertisement
That's when Hertelou was out there. You can see him at right tackle, #93. I mentioned in another thread that I had given up once he was out there again.

I watched Alabama today. They may have lost that game due to clever passing game wrinkles from Mississippi but it was a pleasure to watch a team with 4 wide body guys in a 3-point stance. They were using 4 linemen on virtually every snap other than third down obvious passing situations. Even splits, not giving away caverns like we so often so.

That's when Hertelou was out there. You can see him at right tackle, #93. I mentioned in another thread that I had given up once he was out there again.

I watched Alabama today. They may have lost that game due to clever passing game wrinkles from Mississippi but it was a pleasure to watch a team with 4 wide body guys in a 3-point stance. They were using 4 linemen on virtually every snap other than third down obvious passing situations. Even splits, not giving away caverns like we so often so.

It was driving me crazy when Freeze kept trying to run into that line on 1st down.

I'll paypal anyone here $100 if they can find screenshots from any top 10 defense in the last 25 years that used that type of alignment in th front 7. WTF is that????

Advertisement
LULZ at our "aggressive" defense. I told you cats after the Duke game that we looked aggressive against FAMU and Ark State too. Duke, like those 2 teams, was incredibly inferior athletically, and their QB was a complete mummy with a scatter gun noodle arm. Duke posed zero threat to do anything to us.

Advertisement
I am just trying to figure out why the defensive line looks like they are about to drop back in pass protection like they are LT's. I have never in my life ever seen another defense line up like that. Only Miami has the last 4 years. No one else in football history has unless Temple did under D'Ono.

Assignment football when you play the triple option. A lot play this way or similar. Here is Butch's D vs GT. 3rd and 3, safeties 12+ yards back.

gtnc2010.jpg

What about really short yardage. 4th and inches:

gtnc2010b.jpg

Tonight really sucked btw, a big kick to the balls

Last edited:
Completely outflanked already. Backers 4-7 yards off the ball. Center is naked and the dive is right there. D-line on their heels. Safeties 10 yards back, corners 7 against a team that passed 6 times. Not ready for the snap. Miami football, y'all.

sop

its actually pretty funny to watch our d line on pass plays they just stand there like "uhhhh.. what do we do now?"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back