OU vs. Arizona (Alamo Bowl)

Advertisement
Fisch is technically a "UM Guy" now since he coached here for two years

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Defensive juggernauts like USC, Colorado, Arizona State?

We’ll see next yr
Half his games were against top 50 defenses
UCLA - 16th
Utah - 20th
OSU - 32nd
Wash - 49th

TVD played against 1 top 50 defense in 2021, NCST. And they were missing 5 starters. So really the number was zero. He beat up on second tier defenses. It’s not comparable. At all.

Half his games were against top 50 defenses
UCLA - 16th
Utah - 20th
OSU - 32nd
Wash - 49th

TVD played against 1 top 50 defense in 2021, NCST. And they were missing 5 starters. So really the number was zero. He beat up on second tier defenses. It’s not comparable. At all.
We’ll see next year.

Hes also a gator alum. Hopefully he goes to the NFL or stays put as opposed to going there once Napier gets whacked.

I was just pondering our terrible coaching and a thought occurred to me. If UM had promoted Lashlee to replace Diaz instead of Cristobal and gave him the resources they gave Cristobal, would UM under Lashlee have mirrored FSUs trajectory? I think Lashlee would probably have had to go heavy on the portal initially, we probably have recruiting classes ranked between 12-18, TVD thrives in his offense (or if he doesnt any QB in the portal would kill to play in that offense). Then classes improve and we start getting top 10 classes. How do you think it would have gone?

Advertisement
I was just pondering our terrible coaching and a thought occurred to me. If UM had promoted Lashlee to replace Diaz instead of Cristobal and gave him the resources they gave Cristobal, would UM under Lashlee have mirrored FSUs trajectory? I think Lashlee would probably have had to go heavy on the portal initially, we probably have recruiting classes ranked between 12-18, TVD thrives in his offense (or if he doesnt any QB in the portal would kill to play in that offense). Then classes improve and we start getting top 10 classes. How do you think it would have gone?
I’ve actually thought about it a few times during this season and I think Lashlee would have a better record than Mario.

I think the trench play will always be Mario’s strength but Lashlee can scheme around that on offense.

Advertisement
I’ve actually thought about it a few times during this season and I think Lashlee would have a better record than Mario.

I think the trench play will always be Mario’s strength but Lashlee can scheme around that on offense.

Thing is, Cristobal is a recruiting monster. He could get UM recruiting on the level of Bama and UGA, and make us a juggernaut if he just had the ability to acknowledge his own flaws. He's not a good gameday coach. So what? He can hire a OC who can do that for him. He has to hire an elite OC and completely stay out of his business, just as he does with the DC (not his side of the ball, so it's basically Guidrys show). With Dawson, he hired an OC to execute the bro coast offense, but it had to still fit within Cristobals vision. And Dawson isn't particularly innovative. It's a bland, predictable offense. I would like to see him hire an OC who has proven he can regularly outscheme other coaches and let him manage the game day calls.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thing is, Cristobal is a recruiting monster. He could get UM recruiting on the level of Bama and UGA, and make us a juggernaut if he just had the ability to acknowledge his own flaws. He's not a good gameday coach. So what? He can hire a OC who can do that for him. He has to hire an elite OC and completely stay out of his business, just as he does with the DC (not his side of the ball, so it's basically Guidrys show).
The problem is, spending the money for an elite OC. Rudy is a dumbass. Should’ve hired an elite HC that has an elite offense.

The problem is, spending the money for an elite OC. Rudy is a dumbass. Should’ve hired an elite HC that has an elite offense.

That train sailed. Fortunately Ed O showed you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to win a championship. Hiring elite coordinators is really important.

That train sailed. Fortunately Ed O showed you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to win a championship. Hiring elite coordinators is really important.
I highly doubt we hire an elite OC. I don’t think Miami spends money on that. Ed O also had elite playmakers. Mario doesn’t have that on offense.

Advertisement
Back