OTL Miami

Didn't feel as good about it as some of you. They obviously are hammering Emmert but, they never really came right out and said lay off UM. PeeWee also mentioned the bit about lying to the NCAA about what was really going on with the players. Felt pretty neutral about it when it ended. Got the vibe that ESPN's position was have fun with UM but, we're taking you down during the law suit.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480712 said:
Didn't feel as good about it as some of you. They obviously are hammering Emmert but, they never really came right out and said lay off UM. PeeWee also mentioned the bit about lying to the NCAA about what was really going on with the players. Felt pretty neutral about it when it ended. Got the vibe that ESPN's position was have fun with UM but, we're taking you down during the law suit.

I don't see how you could possibly feel neutral about it. Pee Wee had to mention that he lied. Its a fact that he lied. They had to show that to prove that the NCAA hired the Pillsbury Doughgirl Perez utilize the bancruptcy hearings to help them. He didn't say that he lied about any serious allegations. They pretty much said without saying it that they should leave Miami alone.

Just watched the video. WOW. What a hypocritical POS Emmert is! The **** that's coming out of his mouth is unbelievable!!!! It's beautifully ironic that the NCAA's conduct meets, to a "t", it's own elements of Lack of Institutional Control.....yet this fa&&ot continues to deflect blame and throw subordinates under the bus. Fck'g WOW....

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480712 said:

I don't see how you could possibly feel neutral about it. Pee Wee had to mention that he lied. Its a fact that he lied. They had to show that to prove that the NCAA hired the Pillsbury Doughgirl Perez utilize the bancruptcy hearings to help them. He didn't say that he lied about any serious allegations. They pretty much said without saying it that they should leave Miami alone.

I suppose that my neutrality stems from the fact that the segment offered a lot of facts, none that necessarily flattered UM, while offering no positive opinions in Miami's favor. They definitely **** on Emmert but, didn't give any support to UM's position that this case should be dismissed. I was hoping for someone to say this should all be over and Miami should walk with the self imposed sanctions. I was disappointed that the story was focused more on Emmert and not on ending the case against Miami.

OTL is the one program on ESPN that actually gives an effort to keep journalistic integrity so they probably try to stay as impartial as possible. The hosts at least. The guests not so much.

Advertisement
Just watched the video. Emmert comes across as extremely arrogant. He has only been reading his own press releases and thinks that his political connections make him untouchable. Brings to mind another politician, Gary Hart, who challenged the press to bring him down. Someone will rise to the challenge.

OTL is the one program on ESPN that actually gives an effort to keep journalistic integrity so they probably try to stay as impartial as possible. The hosts at least. The guests not so much.

Totally agree. I was hoping a guest would take the Canes side, not Bob Ley.

Advertisement
Back