Other Options? Knowles and Cager

gambino97

Recruit
First off, very glad for the win last night in Hard Rock North! Now, on to more pressing matters....

Robert Knowles- If Redwine is out for an extended period of time (anyone know what the injury was? At the game it seemed to be possible concussion), we may be in trouble cuz KNOWLES AINT READY! He gave up both scores on pretty rudimentary assignments. I would be in favor of moving Jackson back there to safety fulltime at least until Redwine comes back. ****, Carter or Finley cannot be as bad as Knowles was. Go back and look at all the long runs FSU had late in the game and you will continually notice Knowles taking horrible angles....I mean HORRIBLE....

Lawrence Cager- Sorry this guy just does not want it. He is 6'5, 215 and all finesse. No Lion in this dude. We watched him go up soft yesterday, lose contested balls and even WATCH his QB give up an INT without even trying to contest the throw....I prefer to give Langham a shot at being our big target if he gonna keep doing things like this....

[video=youtube_share;RGlaSzH9URY]https://youtu.be/RGlaSzH9URY?t=2m52s[/video]

Advertisement
Do you interrupt a ******* from your girlfriend to talk about the weather? Give it 24 hrs man. We're celebrating.

I do think Cager will be a beast before he leaves but you are right he needs to play tougher . He admitted he sucked after the game though which is good at least in that he knows where he stands. Knowles isn't ready I agree. Carter is going to be a stud I would use him way before putting Knowles out there.

Advertisement
Coach Diaz had other options he just wants to get recognition and almost cost us the game bc of it.

The TD to the TE and to their best WR were both on Robert Knowles... why was he in the game, during those circumstances, when the defense was in the redzone?

If Diaz wasnt trying to be cute they never would've scored those two tds to begin with.

Lawrence Cager needs more confidence **** step up and make some big plays before it's over.

anyone giving up on cager already is making a huge mistake & i look forward to seeing these idiotic hot takes bumped later on this season.

kid will be fine and probably help win us a game or 2 this year

It's time for one or multiple Freshmen safeties to get burn over knowles. It's impossible to be worse. He made an impact immediately after entering and kept making an impact after ( a bad impact).

Advertisement
anyone giving up on cager already is making a huge mistake & i look forward to seeing these idiotic hot takes bumped later on this season.

kid will be fine and probably help win us a game or 2 this year

Just because people are saying he needs to sit or isn’t ready doesn’t mean he won’t be good. But right now he’s not utilizing his number 1 asset and that’s his sheer size. Lance Leggett is a great comparison. Cager has more upside tho. He’s just missing the fight to get open.

Well at least the staff sees it too. They could have easily given that last second td back shoulder fade to cager but they put in Langham even though he only played one snap before that. The guy with similar size

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think cager could be a good third option kid. He’s inexperienced but has a decent game. He had a sh1tty game. Knowles should never see the 2 deep, unfortunately.

Cager is one of those players that CIS mongoloids obssess over no reason.

Youre right... how is he tricking the coaches into being a starter?? Just like Braxton Berrios y'all make these dumbazz conclusions about a player just to end up looking stupid before it's over.

Advertisement
Cager is one of those players that CIS mongoloids obssess over no reason.

Youre right... how is he tricking the coaches into being a starter?? Just like Braxton Berrios y'all make these dumbazz conclusions about a player just to end up looking stupid before it's over.

Horrible comparison. If Berrios wasn’t being used then he wasn’t being utilized. Aka Julian Edelman. If Cager ran his routes and fought 50% of what Berrios does he’d be a superstar.

Cager will bounce back, you can count on it

Knowles is garbage, have no idea why we signed him "away" from FIU. I'd rather play a true freshman who might make some mistakes but is physically gifted and will learn from it than an Al Golden special who will be lucky to play ST next year.

Advertisement
Cager will bounce back, you can count on it

Knowles is garbage, have no idea why we signed him "away" from FIU. I'd rather play a true freshman who might make some mistakes but is physically gifted and will learn from it than an Al Golden special who will be lucky to play ST next year.

Bounce back to what?

Coach Diaz had other options he just wants to get recognition and almost cost us the game bc of it.

The TD to the TE and to their best WR were both on Robert Knowles... why was he in the game, during those circumstances, when the defense was in the redzone?

If Diaz wasnt trying to be cute they never would've scored those two tds to begin with.

Lawrence Cager needs more confidence **** step up and make some big plays before it's over.
This is the second time you make this post. What are you talking about? Diaz actually tried to get unnecessarily "cute" in other instances and it hurt us, but I have no idea what you mean by pushing this narrative as it relates to him playing Knowles. You're surely aware Redwine was hurt, right? Amari Carter had missed assignments in previous games so it's not unreasonable to imagine he was hesitant to throw out the true frosh in this scenario. Knowles absolutely blew the coverage on the last TD. I mean, it's obvious to anyone with eyes. If he doesn't drop down to be the third defender on the underneath WR, he'd have easy coverage on FSU's WR. How does that amount to the coordinator being "cute?"

Do you interrupt a ******* from your girlfriend to talk about the weather? Give it 24 hrs man. We're celebrating.

So we not here to talk football? Im still basking in the win, no doubt, but that **** needs to be addressed....

Some of yall act like we are NOT allowed to comment on issues that occur in the fuggin games!

Look, I hope Cager turns into Lamar Thomas II, I do. But from what I have seen thus far this season, it would be prudent to give Langham a shot. Maybe it forces Cager to step up his in-game play.

Well as for Knowles....I would take my lumps with Finley/Carter

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back