Other Options? Knowles and Cager

Cager will bounce back, you can count on it

Knowles is garbage, have no idea why we signed him "away" from FIU. I'd rather play a true freshman who might make some mistakes but is physically gifted and will learn from it than an Al Golden special who will be lucky to play ST next year.

Bounce back? Cager has never done jack but drop balls and get handled by every single DB he has ever faced. He another WR the targets and keep “Big Cage” on the bench where he belongs.

Advertisement
Special teams for Beyonce Knowles.

Cage will wake up and feast.

Last edited:
I'd rather throw it up to a smaller Berrios before I throw it to Cager, and Knowles is just :stephenahand:

Coach Diaz had other options he just wants to get recognition and almost cost us the game bc of it.

The TD to the TE and to their best WR were both on Robert Knowles... why was he in the game, during those circumstances, when the defense was in the redzone?

If Diaz wasnt trying to be cute they never would've scored those two tds to begin with.

Lawrence Cager needs more confidence **** step up and make some big plays before it's over.
This is the second time you make this post. What are you talking about? Diaz actually tried to get unnecessarily "cute" in other instances and it hurt us, but I have no idea what you mean by pushing this narrative as it relates to him playing Knowles. You're surely aware Redwine was hurt, right? Amari Carter had missed assignments in previous games so it's not unreasonable to imagine he was hesitant to throw out the true frosh in this scenario. Knowles absolutely blew the coverage on the last TD. I mean, it's obvious to anyone with eyes. If he doesn't drop down to be the third defender on the underneath WR, he'd have easy coverage on FSU's WR. How does that amount to the coordinator being "cute?"

Diaz was trying to be cute... call a fckn zone play for Knowles to have to rotate and cover the best wr on fsus team instead of just having Delaney cover Tate man on man in the red zone?? It doesnt make since... he was trying to be cute for recognition and it almost cost us the game.

Also regardless of Redwine being hurt Robert Knowles shouldve never been in the game in Red zone situations.... the TD to their TE, was on Knowles too. After Knowles got beat then Diaz shouldve made a correction but he didnt. Put the better talent in whether it's Bandy or Carter and the results would've been acceptable.

Last edited:
Coach Diaz had other options he just wants to get recognition and almost cost us the game bc of it.

The TD to the TE and to their best WR were both on Robert Knowles... why was he in the game, during those circumstances, when the defense was in the redzone?

If Diaz wasnt trying to be cute they never would've scored those two tds to begin with.

Lawrence Cager needs more confidence **** step up and make some big plays before it's over.
This is the second time you make this post. What are you talking about? Diaz actually tried to get unnecessarily "cute" in other instances and it hurt us, but I have no idea what you mean by pushing this narrative as it relates to him playing Knowles. You're surely aware Redwine was hurt, right? Amari Carter had missed assignments in previous games so it's not unreasonable to imagine he was hesitant to throw out the true frosh in this scenario. Knowles absolutely blew the coverage on the last TD. I mean, it's obvious to anyone with eyes. If he doesn't drop down to be the third defender on the underneath WR, he'd have easy coverage on FSU's WR. How does that amount to the coordinator being "cute?"

Diaz was trying to be cute... call a fckn zone play for Knowles to have to rotate and cover the best wr on fsus team instead of just having Delaney cover Tate man on man in the red zone?? It doesnt make since... he was trying to be cute for recognition and it almost cost us the game.

Also regardless of Redwine being hurt Robert Knowles shouldve never been in the game in Red zone situations.... the TD to their TE, was on Knowles too. After Knowles got beat then Diaz shouldve made a correction but he didnt. Put the better talent in whether it's Bandy or Carter and the results would've been acceptable.
That play and Knowles' assignment had nothing to do with zone blitz. It was a blown assignment and a terribly poor instinctual play on the player.

Advertisement

That play and Knowles' assignment had nothing to do with zone blitz. It was a blown assignment and a terribly poor instinctual play on the player.

Yeah, I thought that was obvious.

Krazycane must watch the game with special glasses on

Personally I think Cager has been playing soft this season. He may be scared to get injured again. Im sure he will regain his confidence as the season goes on and prove a lot of people wrong about him. But he needs to act like the 6'5 WR that he is. Nothing to really say about Knowles buddy need to hit that bench with the quickness.

Who said anything about a zone blitz? Yes it was a blown assignment...and the assignment was for Robert Knowles to pick up Auden Tate on the fly route. Dee Delaney jammed and was moving toward the flat until he realized Knowles didn't pick up Tate and tried to catch up but it was obviously to late and he was ****ed.

The point I'm making is Diaz was either being an idiot or trying to be cute with that gimmick bs...of course he's not an idiot so why else would he think calling a play for Robert Knowles to cover the best WR on their team on the Red zone was the best play during that situation??

Exactly. It's safety 101, no one gets behind U

Advertisement

Who said anything about a zone blitz? Yes it was a blown assignment...and the assignment was for Robert Knowles to pick up Auden Tate on the fly route. Dee Delaney jammed and was moving toward the flat until he realized Knowles didn't pick up Tate and tried to catch up but it was obviously to late and he was ****ed.

The point I'm making is Diaz was either being an idiot or trying to be cute with that gimmick bs...of course he's not an idiot so why else would he think calling a play for Robert Knowles to cover the best WR on their team on the Red zone was the best play during that situation??
Are you saying he shouldn't have had Knowles in zone at all? What should he have done? Played him in man-to-man? This is more nonsense narrative about "being cute" and "gimmicky" when, in reality, this is a terrible example. You have about 15 other plays to pick as good examples because he did zone blitz and overcomplicate other playcalls. This one does not support your point.

Why did Richt keep dialing up Cager when he clearly was lost out there by running poor routes and not being aggresive with the ball. Hope coach plays Langham and the freshmen more until Cager is ready.

Advertisement
I personally came had to return from an injury that took a year to recover from so I know Cager is most likely another year away from regaining whatever speed, explosion and leaping ability he may have had. With that being said, he doesn't have it now so it makes no sense to waste quality minutes with him. Langham proved in he Spring, Fall, Game 1 and has solidified yesterday (against an elite DB) that he doesn't need space to win balls. Yes, he lacks speed and explosive suddenness to get separation, but he uses his body, locates the ball well, and with his reach radius he will win the battle for the ball when all else fails.

A tackling Dummy would be better out there than Knowles.

That kid is totally lost or confused or maybe he just sucks but he doesn’t belong out there.I don’t know how he got a scholarship he terrible.

Cager might be alright but he’s got to get tougher.As big as he is he can’t let a 5’10-11 CB manhandle him.He also needs to learn how to high point the ball with his height.He can be alright but he needs to toughen up a bunch.

Advertisement

Are you saying he shouldn't have had Knowles in zone at all? What should he have done? Played him in man-to-man? This is more nonsense narrative about "being cute" and "gimmicky" when, in reality, this is a terrible example. You have about 15 other plays to pick as good examples because he did zone blitz and overcomplicate other playcalls. This one does not support your point.

Diaz shouldve just had Dee Delaney assigned to cover him at all times specifically on that drive especially once they got in the redzone. He was already on him until the play snapped. Call any play with Delaney covering Tate and FSU doesn't score a TD bc of a missed assignment... probably could've gotten an int if that same pass was thrown except Delaney covering.

Last edited:
Why did Richt keep dialing up Cager when he clearly was lost out there by running poor routes and not being aggresive with the ball. Hope coach plays Langham and the freshmen more until Cager is ready.

Because he is 6'5 and he had a 5'10 corner on him. On paper we should win that matchup every time. Cager looked like he did not deserve to be on the field last night. He looked like an FCS receiver.

Might as well give Carter and D Smith some burn. Don't care what anyone says, Knowles doesn't belong in our two-deep.

More Langham and Mullins, less Cager. Would also like to see Deejay get more involved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Might as well give Carter and D Smith some burn. Don't care what anyone says, Knowles doesn't belong in our two-deep.

More Langham and Mullins, less Cager. Would also like to see Deejay get more involved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Knowles doesn’t belong in our 6 deep..

Advertisement
Back