Other Coaching Moves

This thread continues to amaze me. I shouldn't be surprised but the number of guys who stay in a place for one year and use one job as a stepping stone to the next job is astounding. Maybe I've just never paid enough attention in the past but holy crap do guys move around A LOT.
Its an old boy network...very incestuous. They move around more than catholic priests around diocese.

Advertisement
This thread continues to amaze me. I shouldn't be surprised but the number of guys who stay in a place for one year and use one job as a stepping stone to the next job is astounding. Maybe I've just never paid enough attention in the past but holy crap do guys move around A LOT.
You should see the 2019 & 2020 threads HoyaCane made for coaching moves, last year’s thread I had about (no joke) anywhere from 9-10 updates a day on coaching moves from guys getting new gigs all over the country.

Most fans have no idea who 95% of coaches are in college football, which is why whenever you see a coaching vacancy open up the threads around here pretty much regurgitate the same 4 or 5 names, most of which are usually former Canes lol.

Fans are under the impression that good coaches only coach at Bama, Clemson, Ohio State etc & they’re just spawned in the backroom of a factory for powerhouse programs only, but what most fans fail to realize is that literally every single coach on great winning programs staffs be it the HC or the assistants all started out coaching at smaller schools & climbed their way up & I’m not even exaggerating, literally all of them. No coach just rolls out of bed & is automatically a P5 assistant without ever having paid his dues at other smaller programs.

Point being, for a school like Miami, there’s no excuse for us to ever have a bad staff, bad coaching staffs come from 2 things, ineptitude & laziness.

Basically, if you want to find a good coach it’s not as difficult as some people believe it is, because coaches change jobs on a yearly basis & the lower levels are filled with guys who want more money & want an opportunity to raise their profile, which smart programs can identify & take advantage of those coaches hunger & ambition making it a win-win situation for all parties involved.

Bruh.

Ole Miss got a good coach.

Up n comer. I guess he's already here.

Would have liked to bring him in. Former LB...I didn't know if he's locked in as a DL Coach (I guess he is now), but would have wanted to take a flyer on him as a LB Coach....but he's a guy to watch out for now that he's in a major conference.
Been saying this for months. He's a goon

Advertisement
Being a college football assistant coach would be grueling.

Making 200-500K to coach college football sounds great, but when you really look at the instability, hours, politics of it all, etc... sounds miserable. Also have to figure how long it takes to get to that pay level. At a lower level school, that’s all the HC makes.

Advertisement
$$$$ talks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this the Texas Tech QB from a few years ago? If so he is always a position qoach?
Yeah Seth Doege was QB at TTech towards the end of the Leach era & was their for the Tuberville/Chris Thomsen era before Kingsbury became HC.

And he’s been coaching for about 5 years now, he started off as a GA at Bowling Green on Mike Jinks staff (Jinks is another well respected TX coach from the TTech tree who is also currently the RB’s coach at USC), then he got bumped up from GA to WR’s coach for 2 years, then after it didn’t workout for Jinks at BG he got hired by Graham Harrell (another TTech disciple) at USC to be Quality Control coach & just got bumped up yesterday to TE’s coach.

Advertisement
Back