Other Coaching Moves

Trying to recreate that lightning in a bottle that will never happen again.

Good coaches and they’ll probably hire Freeman at DC so they’ll be good.

But this isn’t gonna bring them back to 2019 results
Not unless Joe Burrow is walking through the door.

Advertisement
oh my god wow GIF

No, not really shocked. Former Patriot, that whole connection with Saban & Belichik - plus the trove of head coaches on staff.
Where all former HCs go to rehabilitate.

Is it amazing how quick the talks happen at a school like LSU.

people were saying oh he wants to be a HC.

LSU was like nope come be a DC for 4 years then you can be a HC.

Meanwhile we can lock down an assistant
He's probably there for a year if things go right. He's also getting paid the salary of a G5 HC at this point so yea...

Advertisement
Advertisement

I took a beating in another thread when I said ND would pay SEC $ for a DC. Clark Lea just gave them their best 3 year stretch in history and got Kelly a massive raise when Kelly was on the brink of being fired a few years ago due to hiring Van Gorter. ND is paying huge money for coaches these days.

I took a beating in another thread when I said ND would pay SEC $ for a DC. Clark Lea just gave them their best 3 year stretch in history and got Kelly a massive raise when Kelly was on the brink of being fired a few years ago due to hiring Van Gorter. ND is paying huge money for coaches these days.
I thought Kelly was ranked like 70 something in highest paid HCs in the country?

Advertisement
Rhett don’t know how deep ND pockets are. They have Texas style pockets.

Advertisement
I thought Kelly was ranked like 70 something in highest paid HCs in the country?
He was, supposedly. His reported salary never seemed right to me though based on some observations. He, Clark Lea, and a few others like Rees and the RB Coach got huge paydays last year. Kelly went into the top 10, he’s at over $6 million, Lea was at $2 million, and the 2 offensive coaches were over 7 figures. At least half of the position coaches live in my neighborhood including Lea (he moved in when he was LB coach for Elko, I’m not claiming to be in his league). These guys were all getting good offers and ND paid up to keep them. Kicked Long to the curb for off-field stuff and couldn’t keep Lyght because his wife hated South Bend and moved back to LA and Denson wanted to be a head coach. Clark is from Nashville and his family is still there so he really wanted to get back there. It wasn’t his first opportunity by any stretch.

Advertisement
Back