OT- Zion Williamson duke

Advertisement
I couldn't help but think of the help he'd give us at DL.

I kept making jokes to my friends that Duke is going to run away with it this year "Let's not even play the season" type jokes. Turns out, not that funny. They just undressed Kentucky by THIRTY.

Duke is going to be tough this year. RJ Barrett went 3-7 from beyond the arc. He’s going to be impossible to defend if his 3pt game improves.

On the flip side, always good to see Coach Cal lose.

Commentators love making all sorts of physical comps (and frankly, there are none), but I'm surprised LJ hasn't been mentioned more as far as physical comps. He's the closest I can think of in the category of super strong athletic freaks who are that size.

Advertisement
Last night was impressive but when the ACC conference play starts, every smart coach is going to play zone and slow the game down. It will be interesting to see what adjustments are made.

AgreeableColdGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

This kid is the freakiest athlete that has ever played. I am not saying his physical skills are going to change the game like Wilt or something or that he is going to be the next Lebron but he is 285 at 6'7" and can run point with a 44" vertical leap. He is legitimately quick off of the dribble and his leap is explosive. He came down last night and got caught in the lane with some bigs and did a turn around one hander and he was 6 inches above those 6'11" dudes before they even knew what he was doing. It was kind a crazy. His jump is a sprint. From what I saw he doesnt even know how to use his body yet. He is just trying to blow by and out jump guys. You wonder how a human body can handle that much size and weight and still be that explosive. There is only one guy in the NBA heavier than him right now. Probably only a few guys that have higher verticals add to that handle and the ability to hit the 3 and WTF? I dont think that game meant much, Kentucky is young as well and played bad. Duke will falter when they get up against some quality veteran teams. They have a severe lack of quality upper class man.

Advertisement
Commentators love making all sorts of physical comps (and frankly, there are none), but I'm surprised LJ hasn't been mentioned more as far as physical comps. He's the closest I can think of in the category of super strong athletic freaks who are that size.
Grandmama is definitely the closest comp...but I looked it up and LJ was listed an inch shorter and 30lbs lighter than Zion. It's crazy.

I was watching the highlights and wondering - how do we defend him? Huellnandez? Amp? Run a zone and hope they shoot bad from deep? I dunno...they're gonna be tough.

Ok teams will scout by him and his jumper is terrible.. I like Reddish and the wing from Canada
They will work around that and the 2 jumpers he shot that I saw including a 3 went in. He’s so **** explosive. Looks like lebron in most of these highlights, maybe more athletic... which is just crazy

Advertisement
And to think the Lakers will be taking him with the first overall pick this upcoming NBA Draft...... not fair!!!

Or better yet.....which NBA teams are going to sandbag their season to grab him at #1?

Grandmama is definitely the closest comp...but I looked it up and LJ was listed an inch shorter and 30lbs lighter than Zion. It's crazy.

I was watching the highlights and wondering - how do we defend him? Huellnandez? Amp? Run a zone and hope they shoot bad from deep? I dunno...they're gonna be tough.

I challenge the notion that he’s 285. I think 260-265 is closer to that. That said, strength, athletic ability, size, etc - LJ is the closest.

Advertisement
Pump the brakes on the Dook prognostications of running away with anything. If that was the actual recipe for guaranteed success the Calipari would have more than one title at Kenfukee.

Dook and Corch Ratface will run into some team that actually has kids on the roster that can legally drink and will lose in March.

That said, Williamson does certainly have the look of a gamechanger type player. But I bet it doesn't fully materialize into anything tangible team-wise during his 6 months as an actual college student.

Pump the brakes on the Dook prognostications of running away with anything. If that was the actual recipe for guaranteed success the Calipari would have more than one title at Kenfukee.

Dook and Corch Ratface will run into some team that actually has kids on the roster that can legally drink and will lose in March.

That said, Williamson does certainly have the look of a gamechanger type player. But I bet it doesn't fully materialize into anything tangible team-wise during his 6 months as an actual college student.

I dont see him a a game changer yet he is just a physical specimen that really has no one to compare himself too. His already outweighs Larry Johnson at this age by 50 pounds and has about 6 more inches on his vertical.

this duke team could be the greatest of all time. i doubt they lose all year (barring injuries to one of the top 3 freshman).

Advertisement
Back