OT: Zion probably not signing with Nike

I

I exposed myself because I made a comparion? I watch the NBA nearly everyday. He’s gonna play the 5 & guard Embiid & Cousins? lmao He doesn’t shoot it well enough to play the 3 & he can’t guard the 4 or 5. We shall see. I’m not saying he’s going to be a bust but I don’t think he’s going to be a superstar.

I just find it ironic that I made the comment about 7 years ago and you bring up a guy whose prime was 7 years ago and got cut in Detroit because they tried to play an outdated brand of basketball.

How many superstars are there in the league? Maybe 10 if you're being generous? I don't see that as the likely scenario for Zion but I definitely project him as a top 30 guy.

You bring up his weight as a detriment and yet you think he can't play the 5. That's awfully contradictory. If you watch the NBA everyday I"m surprised you missed teams like Miami (James Johnson), Charlotte (MKG/Marvin Williams), Golden State (Green), Houston (Tucker/Faried), Milwaukee (Giannis) who all play undersized 5s frequently in recent years. Zion doesn't have a great wingspan so he's limited as a rim protector but he can execute a switching defense and has the bulk and explosion to box out and rebound.

No he isn't gonna guard Embiid and Cousins. But you play him at the 4 against those lineups and let his pace dictate terms in transition like the Pelicans or Kings do. When you are in the halfcourt he can run 4/5 pick and rolls and use his passing and explosion to make plays. What makes him special is he's so big and explosive that when a big guy backs off to give up the jumper he can still attack with a head of steam. So even though he can't shoot you have to either play him tight or build a wall with multiple defenders. Giannis is similar that way but Ben Simmons isn't which is one of the reasons I've never been high on him.

I've critiqued consensus top guys before like Okafor, Simmons and Fultz but you're overthinking it with Zion. He's the real deal.

Advertisement
I just find it ironic that I made the comment about 7 years ago and you bring up a guy whose prime was 7 years ago and got cut in Detroit because they tried to play an outdated brand of basketball.

How many superstars are there in the league? Maybe 10 if you're being generous? I don't see that as the likely scenario for Zion but I definitely project him as a top 30 guy.

You bring up his weight as a detriment and yet you think he can't play the 5. That's awfully contradictory. If you watch the NBA everyday I"m surprised you missed teams like Miami (James Johnson), Charlotte (MKG/Marvin Williams), Golden State (Green), Houston (Tucker/Faried), Milwaukee (Giannis) who all play undersized 5s frequently in recent years. Zion doesn't have a great wingspan so he's limited as a rim protector but he can execute a switching defense and has the bulk and explosion to box out and rebound.

No he isn't gonna guard Embiid and Cousins. But you play him at the 4 against those lineups and let his pace dictate terms in transition like the Pelicans or Kings do. When you are in the halfcourt he can run 4/5 pick and rolls and use his passing and explosion to make plays. What makes him special is he's so big and explosive that when a big guy backs off to give up the jumper he can still attack with a head of steam. So even though he can't shoot you have to either play him tight or build a wall with multiple defenders. Giannis is similar that way but Ben Simmons isn't which is one of the reasons I've never been high on him.

I've critiqued consensus top guys before like Okafor, Simmons and Fultz but you're overthinking it with Zion. He's the real deal.
Dude thinks it’s still the 90’s and teams have a bunch of 6’10 PF’s and 7’ centers in their starting lineups 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’ll revisit this thread one day I’m sure.
Lmao! Ok then. RJ Barrett is an inefficient one dimensional volume shooter. Barring injury Zion will have a much better career. Book it.

Dude thinks it’s still the 90’s and teams have a bunch of 6’10 PF’s and 7’ centers in their starting lineups 🤦🏻‍♂️

I cannot wait to revisit this thread a few years down the road. I won’t be too hard on you guys. Just a you were right JG will suffice.

Advertisement

What’s going on w these manufacturers??! Stop making chit on the cheap! Never heard this chit back in the day.

What’s going on w these manufacturers??! Stop making chit on the cheap! Never heard this chit back in the day.
I used to bust through about 3 pairs of Nike's in the 90s. Had to send them back in the mail. Those Webbers were cumfy as **** but not durable. Back in the day there were like two sources of sports news. If it didn't fit into a 30 minute sportscenter, then it wasn't news.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
As a kid in the 90s, I had one pair of Hi-Top Nike Basketball shoes. I only typically wore them during the game because they had to last the whole year. Wore Nike Jordans in college, liked them quite a bit. Very supportive and comfortable.

In the late 2000's I decided to play in an amatuer league and obtained a pair of Nike Hyperquickness shoes. Worst basketball shoes I ever owned. They were flimsy and fell apart quickly.

In 2017 I finally took the plunge and bought my first Adidas pair of basketball shoes (Bounce series) and I really like them a lot. Still have them.

But the best pair of shoes I ever had as a brand was probably New Balance. Super comfortable, affordable and would last a while.

Also owned a pair of Asics running shoes I really liked too.

As a kid in the 90s, I had one pair of Hi-Top Nike Basketball shoes. I only typically wore them during the game because they had to last the whole year. Wore Nike Jordans in college, liked them quite a bit. Very supportive and comfortable.

In the late 2000's I decided to play in an amatuer league and obtained a pair of Nike Hyperquickness shoes. Worst basketball shoes I ever owned. They were flimsy and fell apart quickly.

In 2017 I finally took the plunge and bought my first Adidas pair of basketball shoes (Bounce series) and I really like them a lot. Still have them.

But the best pair of shoes I ever had as a brand was probably New Balance. Super comfortable, affordable and would last a while.

Also owned a pair of Asics running shoes I really liked too.
I like Asics Gel as well...although I've been a Nike guy since forever...Air Max & Jordans are my favorites....

Advertisement
Back