OT: Youtuber/Ex UCF Kicker

RedPill Stepdad

graduated from hungry, and made it to greedy.
Long story short this kid was making a couple hundred off of YouTube videos a few years ago while kicking at UCF. The NCAA gave him a choice to either demonetize his videos, or be ruled ineligible to play. He chose to be ruled ineligible. Now he has 1.5 million subscribers and is making a couple thousand off of each video while playing in the CFL.

How can a regular student on an academic scholarship make money off of YouTube but a student-athlete can't? I don't see how that's still a rule in 2019. There are plenty of regular kids in college doing YouTube. I've seen a few dropout bc they were pulling in so much money.

I challenge someone to give a valid argument as to why kids shouldn't be able to profit off of their likeness. Where are all the "it will ruin CFB" people at?

Advertisement
Yeah this one was dumb. Kids don't have time to get a job when they're playing P5 football. So let the kid have fun making videos and make some spare change. Why the heck not. Its better than doing what josh gordon did and selling drugs to make money (don't quote me on that story btw)

I have a quick question. Does anyone know what this is?
Screenshot_20190521-192548_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Okay bet. Good look bro. I would have never guessed. No lie, I thought it was to play tag in for adults lmao

LMAO! Nah lol. Its like those zumba classes or those other ********* classes you see women do to lose weight. The gimmick is boxing/kickboxing. You will see a bunch of chicks bouncing around throwing half assed punches for 30 minutes on those things.

The real gyms have bags that hang from the ceilings.

LMAO! Nah lol. Its like those zumba classes or those other ********* classes you see women do to lose weight. The gimmick is boxing/kickboxing. You will see a bunch of chicks bouncing around throwing half assed punches for 30 minutes on those things.

I just stick with the tae bo and billy blanks

@JBCanes-NC goes to one of those for cardio.

Advertisement
Nah hes serious. Those are kickboxing bags, but you will never see a real muy thai or kickboxer use something like that. That gym is for chicks doing cardio kickboxing.

...hot chicks sweating kicking their legs up in the air..... yeah, I go to these. it's hard to concentrate

Advertisement
Saban would have a whole staff just to click on his players youtube videos. How about that as a recruiting pitch? I guarantee you X number of subscribers. If you start I guarantee you clicks and subscribers to make sure you get X dollars.

This kid won his case and collected some money right?
I don't believe so. He decided to become a full-time youtuber. Probably makes anywhere from 5-10K a week. Maybe more. If I'm wrong on him not winning a case feel free to correct me.

Advertisement
Back