OT:World Cup

I hate Germany, but could they not do us one favor and beat best Korea to knock the Mexicans out of the tournament

Advertisement
Shoutout to Messi finally finding the back of the net yesterday and Argentina for advancing. Mexico got spanked and received help from South Korea to advance. I think the same thing happened to the US in '14. Pulling for Brazil later today.

It's still coming home btw. Get past the cheating South Americans and we're laughing. Although this will be me after sampling Colombia's finest (I mean the game)
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Cheering for Uruguay to pull the miracle. Such a small country to win two World Cups and be consistently good. Their population is just a tad larger than Miami Dade County.

So the World cup kicks off today. Unfortunately USA decided to not wanna win against a easy opponent and not qualify. But with that being said, who do you got winning?
I'm team Iceland myself.
It looks like the third world countries of South America, Africa and Central America have been embarrassed by the European countries. It appears Brazil is their last hope and Belgium winning in first half 2-0.

Advertisement
It looks like the third world countries of South America, Africa and Central America have been embarrassed by the European countries. It appears Brazil is their last hope and Belgium winning in first half 2-0.
I was amazed that on one side of the knockouts there was only one non-European side

I was deeply dismayed to see England not be able to finish.

Good on the Croats. They deserved the win. I’ll be supporting them against the French.

I was deeply dismayed to see England not be able to finish.

Good on the Croats. They deserved the win. I’ll be supporting them against the French.
F the frogs and those racist croats. What a terrible ref in that game and the lines man who missed a blatant corner kick and throw in for England.

Advertisement
F the frogs and those racist croats. What a terrible ref in that game and the lines man who missed a blatant corner kick and throw in for England.

That referee is absolutely terrible. That being said, England have no one to blame but themselves, missed several chances early on to make it 2 or 3-0. 2nd half Croatia just overran that pitiful English midfield and overall deserved to go through.

England = The Notre Dame of soccer.

Minus the titles of course.

France should win, but Croatia is a very physical team with skill. They just never give up and have stamina for days. The French will be favored in the next WC, but were thought to be top young this year. Mbappe, that kid has unreal potential to be a top five player of all-time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back