OT: Will Smith

Lets not dance around the issue that makes this murder, all schools murders, mass killings, domestic killings, criminal gang killings, drive by's, robberies and probably 99% of all murders possible, "the proliferation of guns" in our society despite most Americans and all law enforcement wanting strict gun control laws. The NRA is not the protector of the 2nd Amendment it is the agency for the gun manufacturers who only interest is to sell as many guns to whoever can buy them. There is a reason we evolved from the Wild West- because everyone realized the greater damage the proliferation of guns played in society than the falsely stated reason of "protection". Hands guns and ammunition are made specifically to kill humans. I'm not anti-gun, just pro strict, limited and no military equivalent weaponry for sell to non police or US military organizations. My 2 cents! Back to Canes football.

Skimmed through completely agree. We should only have non military weapon and we should have stricter laws on how and who can buy guns.

really? The gun that killed Will Smith was a hand gun. Not military weapon

Majority of deaths in America are by hand guns.

Ad we don't need laws on who can and buy guns. We have something called the second amendment.

Not to mention that the 2nd Amendment is not for hunting but rather about being prepared for possible military action necessary to preserve our freedom. There is a much stronger argument that the government should be required to GIVE us military grade weapons than there is that is has any right at all to restrict guns.

The Founding Fathers understood where the greatest threats to our freedom would come from; first 2 amendments were specifically designed to help protect it. They believed that the only safe hands to protect freedom where those of the people, not any government. Any assault on either should be viewed as an assault on our freedom. There is a reason why the first American revolution started when the government tried to seize citizens' arms.

Advertisement
Lets not dance around the issue that makes this murder, all schools murders, mass killings, domestic killings, criminal gang killings, drive by's, robberies and probably 99% of all murders possible, "the proliferation of guns" in our society despite most Americans and all law enforcement wanting strict gun control laws. The NRA is not the protector of the 2nd Amendment it is the agency for the gun manufacturers who only interest is to sell as many guns to whoever can buy them. There is a reason we evolved from the Wild West- because everyone realized the greater damage the proliferation of guns played in society than the falsely stated reason of "protection". Hands guns and ammunition are made specifically to kill humans. I'm not anti-gun, just pro strict, limited and no military equivalent weaponry for sell to non police or US military organizations. My 2 cents! Back to Canes football.

Skimmed through completely agree. We should only have non military weapon and we should have stricter laws on how and who can buy guns.

Ad we don't need laws on who can and buy guns. We have something called the second amendment.

Not to mention that the 2nd Amendment is not for hunting but rather about being prepared for possible military action necessary to preserve our freedom. There is a much stronger argument that the government should be required to GIVE us military grade weapons than there is that is has any right at all to restrict guns.

The Founding Fathers understood where the greatest threats to our freedom would come from; first 2 amendments were specifically designed to help protect it. They believed that the only safe hands to protect freedom where those of the people, not any government. Any assault on either should be viewed as an assault on our freedom. There is a reason why the first American revolution started when the government tried to seize citizens' arms.

The Second Ammendment was put there by the founding fathers to prevent being ruled by an tyrannical and oppressive government. Now our government is trying, and President. Coward Obama tries at every opportunity to take that second amendment away from us. HMMMMMM...

The Second Ammendment was put there by the founding fathers to prevent being ruled by an tyrannical and oppressive government. Now our government is trying, and President. Coward Obama tries at every opportunity to take that second amendment away from us. HMMMMMM...

To be fair, the Fathers, many of them at least, assumed any government would become tyrannical if given a chance. It is a mistake to think this is just Obama or one party. Since the Civil War, the national government has become more and more powerful under every president. The very nature of the country has changed from from a limited government Republic to a classical nation state with empire. Powers reserved to the States and the people themselves have been absorbed by the Federal government. In truth, the Constitution died, or was at least mortally wounded, in the Civil War. Lip service is paid to it as a form of appeasement to the people only because the government fears an armed citizen army. Once the guns are gone, they will tell us the truth: "We are tired of this little game. Now shut up, sit down and do what your are told!"

Will Smith was executed by Cardell Hayes in a revenge related killing due to his relationship with a former New Orleans police office.

The police officer shot and killed the Hayes' father in the line of duty.

Not a word about it on the news. The media and political leaders have created a climate where killing police officers is tolerated.

What is a non military weapon?

We already have the strictest possible laws on who can buy a gun without an outright ban.

Advertisement
Believe it or not most murders in Miami are done with hand guns with 30 round clips choppers are to heavy and hard to conceal but they still use them from time to time, but personally I'm not a fan of band guns.

The Obama administration has reduced the number of gun related prosecutions tremendously. If guns are such a problem, why haven't prosecutions risen.

The progressive left wants gun violence to escalate so they can come in a "fix" the problem by completely controlling everything. Its about power and totalitarianism. That is where we are heading.

Add in the open borders with truck loads of illegal guns coming into this country with lord only knows what else.

The 1st and 2nd amendments will cease to exist if Hillary Clinton is the next president. You will not be able to own a gun and you will be prosecuted for anti progressive political speech.

The Gun Debate: Gun crime prosecutions on decline, amid call for more laws | Fox News

These guys steal these guns they use in crime...do you liberals even realize that at minimum 70% percent of the gun violence are commited with stolen guns...perfect example is all the TEENAGERS shooting other TEENAGERS in Miami. You think they purchase these guns?? And how is this going to stop automatic rifle sales on the black market because I don't know about what you know but automatic rifles ( that's a military weapon )are illegal in America last time I checked, you're only allowed to have semi automatic rifles...oh btw pistols are semi automatic as well, are you going to ban those too?? Controlling gun sales isn't going to improve anything, you guys for some reason just believe it will....they're criminals for a reason

This^^^^^

They are living in the land of elves, fairies and unicorns.

Advertisement

Exactly what military weapons were used in this murder?

Exactly what military weapons are used in 99.5% of US murders?

(Hint: Military long guns are fully automatic)

I don't mind an idiot - but at least be an idiot who knows a tiny bit about the subject matter YOU bring up.

Saw the surveillance video. Smith hit him and drove off. Still no excuse for murder. Also I support guns

Will Smith was executed by Cardell Hayes in a revenge related killing due to his relationship with a former New Orleans police office.

The police officer shot and killed the Hayes' father in the line of duty.

Not a word about it on the news. The media and political leaders have created a climate where killing police officers is tolerated.
Actually in the news its said Hayes has never had a connection with Smith. Just a coincidence

with the new footage showing smith doing a hit and run it raises more questions, why drive away from an accident scene in a vehicle that is well over a $100,000 i have to believe he carried insurance, did he feel this guy was trying to do an insurance scam? hayes appears to stop suddenly when he was rear ended then chases smith down and eventually rear ends him, then shoots smith and his wife. The revenge angle for his father's death makes no sense, why kill the guy that just had dinner with the cop that killed his dad instead of going after the guy that actually did it? just a bizarre situation

Advertisement
Admittedly started the thread to highlight Wilbon's continuing hypocrisy and it goes into a lively debate on gun rights followed by a breakdown the crime itself...Anybody who thinks the 'Canes fanbase isn't one of the most sophisticated (at least on CIS) is probably a O$Uck fan.

with the new footage showing smith doing a hit and run it raises more questions, why drive away from an accident scene in a vehicle that is well over a $100,000 i have to believe he carried insurance, did he feel this guy was trying to do an insurance scam? hayes appears to stop suddenly when he was rear ended then chases smith down and eventually rear ends him, then shoots smith and his wife. The revenge angle for his father's death makes no sense, why kill the guy that just had dinner with the cop that killed his dad instead of going after the guy that actually did it? just a bizarre situation

I think it's just a big coincidence. Like how would he have known Smith ate dinner with that cop. And your right would think he'd go after that cop. It's a shame what happened no doubt.

Bad people do bad things. They will use whatever instruments they need to use to get it done. Usually whatever is more convenient and accessible.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Whatever weapons u may have will not prevent a govt that can wipe your whole city off the map with a push of a button from imposing tyranny.

Whatever weapons u may have will not prevent a govt that can wipe your whole city off the map with a push of a button from imposing tyranny.

Only the military posseses that power and orders to re-target an ICBM or SLBM and launch it towards an American city would be perceived at the various levels of command as an unlawful order.

C'mon lets not go kooky here...

Only the military posseses that power and orders to re-target an ICBM or SLBM and launch it towards an American city would be perceived at the various levels of command as an unlawful order.

C'mon lets not go kooky here...
As if the military is some separate entity. Point is your pistols wont save you from tyranny

Advertisement
Back