Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Advertisement
Thoughts on Mossberg 500 vs. 590 vs. 590 A1?

You can't really go wrong with a mossberg (or a Remington 870) for the money. But if you are looking for a close quarters combat shotgun the 590a1 is pretty badass. Milspec certified ready for when the **** hits the fan. It is on my very short list of CQC shotgun wants.

If you want to go semi-auto over pump, the 930 comes in a tactical model, too.

Advertisement
You can't really go wrong with a mossberg (or a Remington 870) for the money. But if you are looking for a close quarters combat shotgun the 590a1 is pretty badass. Milspec certified ready for when the **** hits the fan. It is on my very short list of CQC shotgun wants.

Yeah I was about to buy before Covid-19 then the listings disappeared overnight, and the show got postponed.

No doubt. I call it big medicine. Honestly, .357 Magnum/10 MM is the largest handgun caliber I feel comfortable shooting for self-defense or hunting purposes.

I can control a .44 Magnum, or a .454 Casull, or .50 AE, etc. But, it's just a bit much for me. I've never understood why .44 Magnums have such terrific power, but typically have the most awkward grips on them.

I know with practice and discipline I can get better, but honestly, theres nothing I need to shoot at with a big *** handgun from >30 yards in.

20 gauge with buckshot will put down whatever I need to put down in that range if I need to gun up.

And if it *had* to be a pistol, 10mm Auto is basically a light .41 magnum. If thats not good enough, basically I need to walk on home boy.

100%. Mine does double duty as a bedside gun and as a JIC sidearm when hunting. A couple other applications, too, from time to time.

On the .44, I remember when my uncle (who was about 6'3" 300 lbs) came back from the pawn shop with a .44 magnum with an 8.5" barrel and optics. We took it hunting and it was the most uncomfortable handgun I have ever shot it my life... and nobody hit ****, lol.

SPX 930. Love it.

Advertisement
D525DB59-0A6C-4826-94CE-1EACE5A3F7DF.jpeg

Glock 26

Advertisement
I have a few Spydercos

Which ones bro? I started with a jade bob lum tanto. I haven't put this millie down since I got it. Right size for big bear hands.

Just got rid of all my otfs. Had a microtech combat troodon tactical and utx-70 and sith lord. Fun just gimmicky and wouldn't depend on one in an emergency.

The new yojumbos look nice too

Advertisement
Which ones bro? I started with a jade bob lum tanto. I haven't put this millie down since I got it. Right size for big bear hands.

Just got rid of all my otfs. Had a microtech combat troodon tactical and utx-70 and sith lord. Fun just gimmicky and wouldn't depend on one in an emergency.

The new yojumbos look nice too

Those are all nice AF

One Police, and one called the civilian. Can’t remember the actual model numbers I’d have to look those up.

The civilian one is insane.

A few smaller ones that are good for opening boxes lol

Advertisement
Back